Page 1 of 2
Weed's affects on my lungs?
Posted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:36 am
by blazedsubaru
So I know what weed does to my mind and body, and I usually use it to stop my panic or anxiety attacks and jitters from doing too much blow, and it works great for that.
But what is it doing to my lungs? How much will it hurt me in the long run. I don't smoke cigarettes much because what it does to your lungs, does weed do the same thing? I smoke out of pipes for ease, but when smoking large amounts I usually use a bong, I know that can affect things. I have also heard that the buildup weed puts on your lungs can go away with time, is that true?
Posted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 12:58 am
by PuffPuffGive
Look man theres both Government Propoganda and Stoner Propoganda circulating on this subject so let me just tell you plain and simply. If you smoke Pot your lungs will suffer. It's just a plain fact, Whenever your inhaling any type of smoke your damaging your lungs to one degree or another, Cannabis smoke is no exception. Now which is worse for your lungs, Marijuana or Ciggarettes? Im not sure, whilst most studies show Cannabis to do more damage gram for gram you must realize that ciggarette smokers generally smoke more ciggarettes than Pot Heads do Pot. Now will it heal? Yes, I beileve so, the human body is amazingly resilient to many hazards, and its organs can come back from the brinks of complete destruction given time. I myself quit smoking a month prior and then all the way through my High School Swim Season and during this time my lungs seem to recover almost completley, of course after season ends I go back to smoking my average 1/2 oz. chronic weekly. So you've basically got to choose between Pot and Clean lungs because sadly, the two dont walk hand in hand. Besides, what the fuck good are lungs for if not toking?
Cheers
Posted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 1:12 am
by AbbyRoad
i loved your truthful approach to the subject. oh wise one
Posted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 5:01 pm
by PuffPuffGive
=D I do my best.
Cheers
Posted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 5:46 pm
by thnkgod4weed
Another option if what u want is to smoke healthier u can try buying a vaporiser, the only bad part about this are the prices look at some in this page,i would go with the volcano one, but again lok at the price so mean while,i will keep my rizzlas or gizeh papes.
http://www.everyonedoesit.co.uk/online_ ... egoryID=12
Posted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 8:02 pm
by SpRi7e
If you want cleaner lungs why don't you just excersise and breath fresh air more and it won't be AS bad but smoke is just bad for your body, marijuana or not. There are more advantages to your body from weed than disadvantages I think.
Posted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 8:25 pm
by PuffPuffGive
SpRi7e wrote:If you want cleaner lungs why don't you just excersise and breath fresh air more and it won't be AS bad but smoke is just bad for your body, marijuana or not. There are more advantages to your body from weed than disadvantages I think.
Advantages to your body? lol I am curious, what advantages has marijuana had on your body?
Cheers
Posted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 8:59 pm
by Dr. Greenthumb
increased joint strength and durability, stronger immune system, it's great to relax muscles if you're sore from a workout, and it a good apetite enhancer if you're trying to put on bulk. Those are just a few of the positive effects involved in smoking weed.
As for gram to gram...all studies regarding test subjects on cannabis vs tobacco have shown that tobacco is much more harmful. Even though it's been claimed that cannabis has more carcinogens than tobacco, cannabis use has never been linked to cancer patients. On the contrary, in Puerto Rico a study was done that showed that people who smoke both weed and tobacco are less likely to get cancer than those who smoke only tobacco.
Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:21 am
by PuffPuffGive
Dr. Greenthumb wrote:increased joint strength and durability, stronger immune system, it's great to relax muscles if you're sore from a workout, and it a good apetite enhancer if you're trying to put on bulk. Those are just a few of the positive effects involved in smoking weed.
As for gram to gram...all studies regarding test subjects on cannabis vs tobacco have shown that tobacco is much more harmful. Even though it's been claimed that cannabis has more carcinogens than tobacco, cannabis use has never been linked to cancer patients. On the contrary, in Puerto Rico a study was done that showed that people who smoke both weed and tobacco are less likely to get cancer than those who smoke only tobacco.
Well I knew nothing of the enchancement to joints, but I'd say that under cetain conditions an appetite enhancer could be a negative for those trying to lsoe weight. Also are you sure it really helps the immune system, do you know of a site which could confirm this? (Not trying to seem skeptical, just curious.)
Cheers
Posted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:16 pm
by Princess_Ayana
I don't know about all that immune system stuff, but I do kno it certainly helped clear all the gunk outta my lungs last night. I have asthma and when I get sick it usually affects my breathing b/c of it. My friend came over last night, I took one hit of the bong and suddenly I could breath normally and wasnt coughing up flem or gook anymore. Go figure.
Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:37 pm
by Red_Sled
^^ thats happens too mee too it opens up my lungs.. im asmatic by the way
Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:30 am
by SpRi7e
My one friend said she had a really bad headache and stomach ache about a week ago and I just told her too smoke some bud and when she did, she came back saying she feels so much better and her headache and stomach ache were gone.
Posted: Wed May 23, 2007 4:45 am
by t3h_shitz
I have tremors, so my hands constantly shake, so it's hard to do shit requiring any sort of fine motor skills. But I toke up and the fuckers are gone. I wonder if i could get a prescription for weed... that would be sweet.
Posted: Wed May 23, 2007 6:37 am
by blazedsubaru
You wouldn't really be perscribed weed...they'd give you anxiety meds.
I have started smoking out of a bubbler all the time, much better for your health!
Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:43 am
by White_Owl_Rolla
im not trying to spread any false thigns around
but according to medical doctors...i guess their talkinga bout "THC" and not the actual weed, but it dilates your airways, allowing more oxygen in, plus it cleans the lungs of thigns like smog, phlemg*(dunno how u speel it), and other shit,
i smoke weed and play basketball, a lot of the times i play basketball WHILE im high, in fact i think it makes me better when im sober
i'll find that link for you
Code: Select all
8. LUNG CLEANER AND EXPECTORANT
Cannabis is the best natural expectorant to clear the human lungs of smog, dust and the phlegm associated with tobacco use. Marijuana smoke effectively dilates the airways of the lungs, the bronchi, opening them to allow more oxygen into the lungs. It is also the best natural dilator of the tiny airways of the lungs, the bronchial tubes- making cannabis the best overall bronchial dilator for 80% of the population (the remaining 20% sometimes show minor negative reactions). (See Section on asthma-a disease that closes these passages in spasms-UCLA Tashkin studies, 1969-97; U.S. Costa Rican, 1980-82; Jamaican studies 1969-74, 76.) Statistical evidence-showing up consistently as anamalies in matched populations-indicates that people who smoke tobacco cigarettes are usually better off and will live longer if they smoke cannabis moderately, too. (Jamaican, Costa Rican studies.) Millions of Americans have given up or avoided smoking tobacco products in favor of cannabis, which is not good news to the powerful tobacco lobby-Senator Jesse Helms and his cohorts. A turn-of-the-century grandfather clause in U.S. tobacco law allows 400 to 6,000 additional chemicals to be added. Additions since then to the average tobacco cigarette are unknown, and the public in the U.S. has no right to know what they are. Many joggers and marathon runners feel cannabis use cleans their lungs, allowing better endurance. The evidence indicates that cannabis use will probably increase these outlaw American marijuana-users' lives by about one to two years-yet they may lose their rights, property, children, state licenses, etc., just for using that safest of substances: cannabis.
from
http://www.safeaccessnow.org/article.php?id=36