Fate?

A place to discuss deeper topics

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
limit
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin
Posts: 647
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2004 8:53 am
Location: Australia
Contact:

Fate?

Post by limit »

This is something I've been thinking about a little lately.
I don't necessarily think that our lives are pre thought out, but I can't help but wonder about the prediction of one's life.

To explain what I mean I'll use something along the lines of a computer prgram. OK.. so say you had an immensely complicated program that could somehow obtain information from a person's brain - like theire instinctive actions etc. , and combine that with the world, well the earth as an object, the things you can touch and feel.

For this to work though every human would have to go through this same procedure of having their brains 'data' (for lack of a better word) sucked out and put into this program. Probably even every single animal on earth would have to go through this.

So you've got every single living thing on this earth programmed into this computer.. and you wanted to see what 'Jimmy' was going to do in the next five minutes. Currently he's walking home after going to the shop. So the program calculates the makeup of his brain as to how he would react to certain situations. Then because this program is connected to every other living thing it predicts that a lizard will run across the path because it has seen a bug in the grass on the other side (which is known because the program has worked out that that particular bug would be there at that particular time).

And based on Jimmy's brain we know that he really likes animals and would never hurt one if he didn't have to, so he jumps to the side and falls over and breaks his leg. And we know this before it has even happened.

That was really hard to explain I don't know if it made any sense to you guys, but it's more complicated than what I just wrote anyway. I know there are a ton of variables and what-ifs. And I know a "program" like this is totally impractical if not impossible, but does it prove that our lives ARE going to be what they are when you calculate the way our minds work, combined with our environment (earth), and then comine that with every other living thing. If you had that kind of info you could know everything no?

I think I just fucked up what I really meant I'll try again later but get bak to me anyways with your opinions.
[img]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o222/slybert_cruz/keirasig.jpg[/img]
Head up young man,
this might be the only chance you get in the course of infinity,
don't ever forget that.
Hatchetrunner420
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 133
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:14 am
Location: MD
Contact:

Post by Hatchetrunner420 »

That Actually Made A Lot Of Sense...When I First Saw It I Thought i was gonna be like..."wut the fuck" but the way you said it really makes you ponder....hmm...i can't stop thinking about it now
Inhale/Exhale - I'ma Weed-A-Holic...Smokin till my Lungs Fail
Vinyl
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin
Posts: 910
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:06 am
Contact:

Post by Vinyl »

that makes alot of sense to me to, but it would only work IF somehow we knew what every single living organism was thnking right that moment. you yourself dont have this power for example you cross the street but you dont know that theres a truckdrivier tha just dropped his pen and bent under the dash for a sec to look for it. splat, if you had known, you wouldnt ahve stepped in the road. but then that brings you to the thought, if you escaped death by not steppin into the road, will that just change something in the fture that will try and kill you because the truck didnt? :? iunno but its freaky to think about
Schmut
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 233
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:01 pm
Location: Cumbria, England
Contact:

Post by Schmut »

I do believe in fate to an extent and your theory here, of a program, is just one of many possibilities.
Now, if the programming could be read by our minds then we could subconciously know what is around the next corner, because we're decoding the universe. I believe in this sort of premonition, as for some reason I've had way too many coincidences happening lately.
Beyond this we could even alter the universe. By sending our own codes out there we can influence the choices of others. For example, when I make a concious decision of what I want to hear next on the random playlist, I can either do nothjing or select that song manually. If I do nothing and the song still plays, have I somehow sent out a code into the universe that made my CD player select that song?
I'd like to think so, because I got some really good weed recently and this sort of thing was happening a lot.
"And God said, 'Behold, I have given you every plant-yielding seed which is upon the face of the Earth'"
limit
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin
Posts: 647
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2004 8:53 am
Location: Australia
Contact:

Post by limit »

freerider_dude wrote:that makes alot of sense to me to, but it would only work IF somehow we knew what every single living organism was thnking right that moment.
But wouldn't someone's thoughts or feelings on a particualr subject be based on the makeup of their mind combined with the experiences in their life?
[img]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o222/slybert_cruz/keirasig.jpg[/img]
Head up young man,
this might be the only chance you get in the course of infinity,
don't ever forget that.
Vinyl
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin
Posts: 910
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:06 am
Contact:

Post by Vinyl »

yes they would kind of a vicious ending circle that you can never figure out...ahh the power of the human mind....thats why weed was invented....buy by who? :shock:
limit
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin
Posts: 647
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2004 8:53 am
Location: Australia
Contact:

Post by limit »

thats why weed was invented....buy by who?
Don't know, but I will make neverending love to them when I find out.. unless it's a guy.. nope actually fuck it.
[img]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o222/slybert_cruz/keirasig.jpg[/img]
Head up young man,
this might be the only chance you get in the course of infinity,
don't ever forget that.
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users