Page 1 of 2

Being high and talking

Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:05 am
by HeLLa-LifTeD
when i smoke with people that i dont know to well or havnt figured out yet i find it really hard to talk to them when im high. And if someone says something and i dont know what to say about it i dont say anything at all it creates an akward silence and i hate it. but when im sober im fine and can carry out a conversation good. also when im high i feel like im alone even when there are other people around me and i tend to ignore people and they just bother me when im high. unless im with a good friend. i think that part of it is being paranoid to about people i dont know to well.

Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:39 am
by Grrrl
If you're chilling with other stoners and you can't think of a reply for anything the best think to say is 'i dunno, I'm high' and just have a buzz about bein blazed :) I'm pretty shy n cautious around new ppl even when I ain't high and thebest thing to do if find an obvious common ground and exchange opinions, and there aint one stoner that aint got owt to say about weed (stoners on slipping-out-of-consciousness-whiteys excluded :lol: ) Then you can start to get over your paranoia :) anyway good luck with that, hope I was of some help. Welcome to the site btw :)
Peace

Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:53 am
by Mate
and if they reply some shit like

god, you are so stupid

just say

i'm not stupid, i'm high.

Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:04 am
by HeLLa-LifTeD
i also get really self concious about how i move when im high cuz ive been known to have jerky movements sometimes when im high and being to self concious totally ruins my high, thats why i like to smoke with people i know well. cuz if i was with strangers and i start actn wierd then they might think that thats how i act all the time (high or sober). so when im with aquantences i tend to be really quiet and i lose my cocky attitude

Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:13 am
by SpRi7e
When i'm high, i just talk and talk but after a line or two i never remember what i'm saying so i keep rambling on for a few minutes about the same thing. I hate talkin to random strangers unless its talking about someone else (not in a bad way) that we know and just kick it off from there, but I usually just do that when i'm high. If i'm sober i usually just forget what to say or i think it in my head and not out loud then forget about it. I also don't like smoking around other people that i don't know or barely know because I don't really like to ruin other people's high by being the way I normally am.

Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:08 am
by Emagdnim
When I smoke with people I don't know, usually someone I know is there, so I just tend to wait and chime in on what he has to say, and I don't know, I guess I kind of judge their personalities and I always find something to relate to them about...You can always bet they'd be willing to talk about weed, seeing as they are smoking it....But I tend to avoid the situation totally if I know it's just gonna be awkward times.

Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:16 pm
by weedguru_animal
Weed does in the first instance create extra anxiety when it comes to meeting strangers, however, for me, that anxiety invariably soon fades and I become exceptionally talkative. Weed allows me to act more friendly with strangers, faster. As with all new events though, it depends much on the nature of the new elements. If I am blazed and walking down the street and a couple of unsavoury looking lads are approaching me I will generally cross the street. If I was drunk, I would most likely maintain my path. If I was straight, it would depend on the time of day and location...There have been numerous occasions when I have been thankful for the caution that weed can bring to me existence, times when I know full well that if I had been drunk instead of stoned then I would have ended up in prison, hospital or worse. The pacifying aspect of the plant can be very useful. But then again, if you look stoned, as I often do, and you are not built like a brick shit-house, then looking stoned and acting nervous can make you even more of a target...

Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:56 pm
by Jim777
i hate been high has fuck and having to meet new friends parents....

Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:54 pm
by Mate
i just stay mute. lol

Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:43 pm
by OverlordOdium
If you meet new people a lot while stoned itll become no problem to you sooner or later. I live on campus so I probably smoke with 20+ different people a day (i sell), and at first I was always so sketched out and had a tough time finding things to say. After a month thou its sorta like that barrier isnt there anymore.

If you usually blaze alone or with a few close friends then I can see why it might be hard.

Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:46 am
by CaNuCk
Treat everyone as if they are an old buddy.

Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:20 am
by AbbyRoad
CaNuCk wrote:Treat everyone as if they are an old buddy.
thats what i do, at parties and even just hanging with new ppl. if they seem cool and arent giving off awkward vibes i pretend like were good buddies. its very easy to do when im drunk.

Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:44 am
by CaNuCk
Try to make it easy to do when your sober, you'll be surprised how many people you will be friends with.

Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:46 am
by goingmerry202
damn, HeLLa-LifTeD, thats exactly how i feel. someone said my movements get jerky if thats what your talking about. like i blaze alot with this one tight friend then we go hang out with like 4 other non blazed people who i don't know. one of the girls is real fucking hot but her boy friend is a fucking cock sucker, he must read tabloids that say "5 funny things to do when kids are high" he tries to maek all these noises and shit to scare you like people are in the house and stuff. anyway i dont know what the fuck to say to these people, i get real talkative on coke or ritalin thats what i need in social settings.

Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:29 am
by Dr. Greenthumb
You'd be alot better off if you just tried to deal with social situations without reverting to the use of substances.