Page 1 of 2
diphenhydramine (Benadryl)
Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:53 pm
by m3tal
Diphenhydramine taken in amounts upper of 200 mg can create hallucinations that you really think are real. Like your talking to someone and you really believe it and you blink and its gone. This is the chemical in benadryl. Just wondering if anyone has done this or heard of it. I might do it.. but I don't wanna dive headfirst into something that I don't know too much about.
http://www.erowid.org/pharms/diphenhydr ... mine.shtml
Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:46 pm
by President Beavis
Take 100mg-150mg if you wanna really heavy and weird for a few hours. If you wanna trip, I'd start with 500mg. Intense but not completely out of control, have a trip sitter.
Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:51 am
by Dr. Greenthumb
Is this stuff prescription?
Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:09 am
by President Beavis
^^No, it's just your average allergy pill. I think Walmart has bottles of 100 for like 5$ if it's a generic brand.
EDIT: The drug is pretty hard on the system, and the hangover is harsh, but it's worth a try.
Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:37 am
by weedguru tom
Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:52 am
by President Beavis
Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:34 pm
by shoe
haha your dumb beavis stop yelling at peope for voicing their opinion
anyway, i think im gonna have to try this too since i cant smoke until this weekend cause im gettin a drug test friday, even though i smoked a bowl on saturday, im just hopin lots of water will do the trick
Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:43 pm
by President Beavis
^^ahem.. sarcasm.
Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:44 pm
by m3tal
When you say harsh what do you mean?
And how is the hangover? just feel generally shitty for a few hours?
Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:00 pm
by President Beavis
It's a pretty powerful drug that's hard on the body when you take more then the recommended dose. It's not like it's any harder on the body then a lot of the other harder drugs though, just a warning. Drink a lot of water if you decide to take it, you'll be taking a piss every 5 minutes.
The hangover really, really sucks. First time (and probably the last) I took a higher dose, the next day I felt like I was dying. It's one of those drugs that are worth trying, but only once.
Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:30 pm
by cutthecashflow
shoe wrote:haha your dumb beavis stop yelling at peope for voicing their opinion
haha
Shutup Beavis, huh huh...
Anyways say hello to your liver for me
Of course sarcasam....
Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:28 am
by President Beavis
I'm getting a feeling that I'm missing a point here.

Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:18 pm
by weedguru tom
what government drugs dont rince your liver of life haha, your gonan fuck your self up on shit like that haha.
Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:14 pm
by President Beavis
??
I don't do benadryls personally, tried it twice once in a low dose once in a higher dose.
Yeah, of course almost any other drug is gonna fuck with your liver on some level, but I don't see what being a "Gov't Drug" has anything to do with it.

It's kind of immature to just classify anything as bad because "The govt is connected to scientists who created it to the factory to the stores that sell it, so it's obviously a deathtrap". That's kind of an immature view doesn't anyone think? Because everything is connected to the govt on some level. The food you eat, the beer you drink, the websites you post on (weedguru), the chair you're sitting in, fucking everything.
I'm not saying Benadryls aren't hard on the body (I've already stated that), but "fuck that" and a conspiracy theory/angst towards the govt isn't very helpful to the topic creator wondering about the actual ins and outs of the drug.
Here's the erowid list of the positives and negatives of Diphenhydramine.
POSITIVE
* Increased awareness and appreciation of music
* Dreamlike experiences
* Muscle relaxation
NEUTRAL
* Visual and auditory hallucinations, visuals
* Unusual thoughts and speech
* Flushed skin
NEGATIVE
* Sensitivity to sunlight
* Loss of coordination
* Dry mouth
* Blurred vision
* Confusion, disorientation
* Dizziness
* Drowsiness during daytime
* Muscle cramps
* Nausea, vomitting (at higher doses)
* Nervousness
* Difficulty differentiating hallucinations from reality
So yeah, it's a pretty negative drug that's hard on the system. My input (again) is, if you wanna try it, go ahead but it isn't something anyone should ever be doing with regularity.
Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:44 am
by weedguru tom
yer and look at all the shit thats in your food, bs chemicles, grow food natually and its healthy, i think its pretty immature to be takin illness meds for a laugh, but hey thats just me..