Page 1 of 2
Chicken soup for the teenage soul will die!
Posted: Tue May 20, 2003 1:44 am
by PnkRckElite420
Ok, Today in class i got a little board so i started reading this "chicken soup for the teenage soul" book. Being the pot head that i am i flipped right to the "drug abuse" section. I found article that made me wunna beat myself up just for reading it. It was about a super popular girl that everyone liked. The super popular girls best friend was writing the artical and wrote all about there giggly girly times they had together and shit and how much fun it was. Then it got to the bad part. The super popular girl started to get depressed! She started to smoke and drink and she got really really skinny(yea the munchies suuuure do make ya skinny...for all of you slow people...that was sarcasm). One night the super popular girl went to the girls house..."right away i could tell she had been drinking and smoking maijuana!"the girls states....the popular girl was ramblin on about this guy she met and she wanted to run away with.... Then the next day at school the girl got sent to the office... She had been informed that super popular girl had killed herself with her fathers gun! They say the weed did it to her...But the very next fuckin paragraph was about her fucking dad sexually abusing her! WHAT THE FUCK! DRUG ABUSE? DRUG ABUSE??!?!?!?!? She was smoking weed to take her mind off of her malester dad! good god! people just dont get the power of weed....they really dont
Posted: Tue May 20, 2003 10:07 am
by Born of Fire
it really pisses me off that when drugs are used, it's always the focus of the problem

Posted: Tue May 20, 2003 5:30 pm
by jonny cockeral
blame the goverment
Posted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 2:22 am
by insanestoner666
government sucks, they make weed sound like some fucking shit thing that no one should do coz "its soooo much worse than smoking cigarettes and drinking alcohal" ya right...my fuckin ass its worse than that shit, its prolly better for u, they blame every fucking thing on weed/drugs.
Posted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 4:15 pm
by Luke
haha she killed herself cuz she got high? smoking weed makes things MORE fun...
Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 4:11 am
by Weedguru Higher
The poor girll was probably trying to mask her pain by drinking and smoking. That's using dope for the wrong reason.....you can't hide behind it forever, it'll catch up with one sooner or later. Some people do that you know. They sulk in depression in their little corner, and try to forget by drinking and smoking....That's where weed gets its bad name.
Don't get me wrong, its still not the fault of the weed, I'm just saying that it doesn't help emotionally unstable people. It's a proven fact. In my book that is the only kinda people who really shouldn't be using weed.
For emotianlly stable people if they smoke a joint, they aren't going to loosen and up decide to jump off the bridge, now are they? But if you're already way down at the bottom of your little hole, just bairly hanging on and you start abusing drugs or alcohol it could create a problem. It's that it'll sink you down even further, and at one point you're gonna loose your grip....
Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 3:35 pm
by Baybee
..I think I read that one haha
Higher is right. Weed can't ruin you life unless you let it. Which brings me to a question...
I have this friend, we're not very close anymore, but she is a manic depressant. She is on medication for it, and I don't think she should be smoking pot, but when ever she's with me she's always like "Lets go buy some dope" I don't notice her smoking it with anyone other than me and my friends. I'm not sure if she's doing it to fit in or what... Is there any thing I can say to her to make her open up. I've tried many times, but I just get the cold shoulder. She's very touchy. I'm worried about her. She never gets out, she's always in on her computer, I've tried to drag her out, but I don't like bringing her to partys because when she drinks it makes her more depressed, and then it brings me down.. What can I do to have fun with some one who's not willing to have fun? Maybe go to the beach? Maybe I should just give up on her? It's hard.
Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 3:50 pm
by Weedguru Higher
Yeah, I agree that if she's manic-depressive, she shouldn't be smoking or drinking. It just makes the situation worse.
Maybe try asking her what she wants to do? Maybe go play computer games with her or somehthing for a while, might help her come out of her shell gradually or something.Or maybe if she's that unwilling, you should just let her know that you are her friend, and you'll be there for her and stuff. She might come around on her own. It is kinda touchy cause a mental illness isn't the same as just someone being in a grumpy mood...
Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 3:40 pm
by Baybee
Thanks higher! I'll try playing computer games with her or something, then I'll ask her what she likes to do.. and go on from there, thanks again
Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 8:56 pm
by puffpuffpass
I've burned 17 copys of that book ..... yes i've bin countin I steal um from school....
Fuckin basterds... every stoner I know is pretty frikin happy
Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 7:06 am
by Mocktar21
killing yourself over weed hmmmm I always hated christan books but I myself am a christan but yet I dont feel half the things i am suppose to Weed is put on the earth for when your bored It makes you happy not want to kill yourself good I hope she died less stupid people in the world
Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 3:04 pm
by weedguru tom
omg i swear some ppl dont have anythin` else better to do with there drug free time
Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 10:02 pm
by SundiRox
sounds like the message pushed by Reefer Madness.
If you smoke weed you will get violent, and aggressive and killl people....
hmm....don't remember feeling like that
Posted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 11:33 pm
by weedguru tom
i dont even like soup, its not food or a drink ;/
Posted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 11:36 pm
by Weedguru Sensei
It probally started out as a story about sexual abuse...Then they thought hey, this is an opertunity to bash drugs - lets do it!