Page 1 of 1

drug info

Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:42 pm
by Jay212
I find it sad that even cocaine puts less people in hospitals(unfortunately I can't say the same for rehab centers) than alcohol does and still, alcohol is legal. I'm not saying alcohol should be illegal or that cocaine should be legal, but weed could actually be considered safe in this general scenario. If the government would let them smoke a bit of weed to cheer them up while they aren't allowed their cocaine, they would have less chances of harming themselves.

Anyways, nice little infosite.
In 2004, 14.6 million Americans age 12 and older used marijuana at least once in the month prior to being surveyed. About 6,000 people a day in 2004 used marijuana for the first time—2.1 million Americans. Of these, 63.8 percent were under age 181. In the last half of 2003, marijuana was the third most commonly abused drug mentioned in drug-related hospital emergency department (ED) visits in the continental United States, at 12.6 percent, following cocaine (20 percent) and alcohol (48.7 percent)2.
http://www.nida.nih.gov/Infofacts/marijuana.html

Re: drug info

Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:47 am
by Rixindix
Jay212 wrote:
Anyways, nice little infosite.
Of these, 63.8 percent were under age 181.
http://www.nida.nih.gov/Infofacts/marijuana.html
really? what about the 190 yr olds? i hear those blokes go all out! 8)

but seriously what the hell are pple going to the hospital for marijuana for? that surprises me that weed is putting pple in ED for anything, let alone the 3rd most drug related drug putting pple in the hospital

Re: drug info

Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:55 am
by Jay212
Rixindix wrote:Of these, 63.8 percent were under age 181.
181 is really supposed to be 18 to the power of 1. I copied and pasted and the power didn't copy correctly so it turned out as 181.

Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:37 pm
by FIRE!!!
Why 18 to the power of one? Why not...just 18?

Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:02 pm
by Jay212
That's what I was wondering. I'm thinking they just like writing those small numbers.