Page 1 of 1
Microsoft Genuine Advantage
Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:06 am
by Gorecore
Does anyone know how to bypass this damn Genuine Advantage thing in order to obtain updates for WinXP?
If you don't have a legit copy of XP, the Microsoft website won't allow you to obtain any kind of security updates or anything.
This is really frustrating. Besides shelling out $200-$300 to help line Mr. Gates' pockets a bit more, is there a crack or hack or splack out there to disable this Genuine Advantage bullshit?
Help is appreciated!
Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:33 pm
by Weedguru_RyaNayR
Stick this line into the address bar when your at the Custom or Express screen.
javascript:void(window.g_sDisableWGACheck='all')
Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:53 pm
by TYStonerTY
The dude who sold me my computer didnt tell me that i had a copied ver of XP so when I found out he told me that if I wanted security updates I should take it to him because microsoft implants things in their updates that fuck over your computer if youre not paying for the OS. Im pretty sure its true, hes a smart guy. just a word of caution
Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:48 pm
by Dakine
youll be lucky to find anything genuine that works. switch to linux.
Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:40 pm
by Psyclone
Gorecore, I'd be happy to send you the updates in .RAR packs.
Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:06 am
by gates
I think you can just unistall it or delete it. Otherwise you could just reload xp yourself and when you update don't let windows install the advantage thing.
Or if you want you can just download a crack from a torrent site, Here is one i believe it works* don't know for sure cuz i have a legal version.
http://www.demonoid.com/files/details/1015762/1587964/
There are many out there though
Let me know how this works for you
Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:42 pm
by Weedguru_RyaNayR
I think it still allows you to download the updates if you use the one that pops up in the taskbar at the bottom right of the screen, you just can't use the website. at least that's how it is for me on my pirated XP Pro copy.
If that doesn't work i think theres a site where you can download all the updates without going through microsoft and all their bullshit.
I'll post the site if i find it, but a google search for "windows updates downloads" or some variation of that should find something.