What is the true religion? (Opinions only)
Moderator: Moderators
-
Psyclone
- The Duke of Dope

- Posts: 1308
- Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2004 12:51 am
- Location: NY
- Contact:
What is the true religion? (Opinions only)
I'm not much into believing religion but I'm wondering...how can any religion be correct when the first ever was in Mesopotamia...to me I cannot believe the bible...it's scientifically incorrect that it could rain enough to flood the world itself. I believe God was created by man...because we didn't wanna feel so alone in the universe...just like mesopotamians were isolated, they didn't wanna be the only ones "out there". I believe "God" is the energy in life. The Earth is probably living. I don't know, I'm blazed and just throwing stuff out there...and no Rasta Grrl...I'm not defaming God :p...I just have different views...that's why I wanna hear all of your opinions...I know animal is going to put down some heavy stuff :p
-
Jay212
- Sir Toke-a-lot

- Posts: 2352
- Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:51 am
- Contact:
I don't believe in the entire god theory because everyone assumes god created everything, but if that's the case, who created god? God's god? And don't say he created himself because how can something physically and/or mentally unborn, create itself?
I also believe that if there ever was a god, which I don't believe, it would have to be asexual, or else it wouldn't be able to have all us as children. I don't believe in god, it doesn't fit.
I also believe that if there ever was a god, which I don't believe, it would have to be asexual, or else it wouldn't be able to have all us as children. I don't believe in god, it doesn't fit.
If u aint from the hillz then homeboy lay it down ~ CWS
- Dr. Greenthumb
- Stoned Immaculate

- Posts: 8112
- Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:17 pm
- Contact:
-
Gorecore
- Weedguru Grampy

- Posts: 4115
- Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:33 pm
- Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
- Contact:
- Dr. Greenthumb
- Stoned Immaculate

- Posts: 8112
- Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:17 pm
- Contact:
- FIRE!!!
- Ganja God

- Posts: 4564
- Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:53 am
- Location: Deep South FL
- Contact:
In my opinion buddhism seems to be the religion that has its head on straight, they seem very aware that there are eternal unchanging things which none of us can possibly try to explain in normal terms. However I disagree with the fact that existence is merely a creation of the mind, I believe there is a creator of everything but the perception of the world is merely a creation of the mind to put tabs on something unexplainable to people. Just a thought.
-
Weedguru_Falkon
- King of Kannabis, God of Ganja
- Posts: 1690
- Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:59 am
- Location: Stoned Soliloquy
- Contact:
I like that.man created God
As for my opinion..... Well, i think that all religions have their pros and cons. Although a general fault of most religions i have been around is that the followers think that only their religion is correct, that every other religion and person believing in other religions is wrong!
I also think its kinda shitty that according to religion, if you dont serve God or do something against His will, then you will be eternally damned to hell.. i mean wtf is that? Sure i could understand that if you kill a person, but if you say, steal a 10 cent pencil from wal-mart, why should you go to hell?
As some of you may know, i am spiritual, but thats not religion.
so thats my little opinion.
Ikku wrote:I personally don't find it to taste plasticy, I think it tastes good. Like fractally flowery hyperspace.
-
Grrrl
- Moderator
- Posts: 1220
- Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2003 12:19 pm
- Location: Manchester, uk
- Contact:
There is no one true religion, and the bible was wrote by man so there's a large portion of human error to it's contents. Also it was wrote well after it all aledgedly happened, so it only secondary data, which limits the validity. And because of this I'd say it's unfair to say science disproves any religion or any higher entity.
I think people take the bible in a much too literal sense, it was meant only as a guide, not as a rule book. There are a lot of valuable lessons to be found in the bible, but it is all about interpretation, as with many books of worship. I may follow rastafari but that doesnt mean I am not open to others beliefs, they just dont float my boat. Infact tbh I'd say I hold more respect for people with a strong faith in something ie religion, even if it isn't the same as mine. I just find it interesting to learn about other peoples belief systems and the differing cultures that stem from them. I don't give a shit if you don't have the same beliefs as me, even people of the exact same religion dont have identical beliefs.
To think that we are the highest form of being would be naieve in my opinion. Humans have too many faults as a species to be the highest form. Also there are anomalies (miracles if you will) that human science can not explain but religion/faith can. I don't think science and religion disprove each other, they just have different views and different explanations for things. Just like different religions have different views and explanations amongst themselves for things.
peace
I think people take the bible in a much too literal sense, it was meant only as a guide, not as a rule book. There are a lot of valuable lessons to be found in the bible, but it is all about interpretation, as with many books of worship. I may follow rastafari but that doesnt mean I am not open to others beliefs, they just dont float my boat. Infact tbh I'd say I hold more respect for people with a strong faith in something ie religion, even if it isn't the same as mine. I just find it interesting to learn about other peoples belief systems and the differing cultures that stem from them. I don't give a shit if you don't have the same beliefs as me, even people of the exact same religion dont have identical beliefs.
To think that we are the highest form of being would be naieve in my opinion. Humans have too many faults as a species to be the highest form. Also there are anomalies (miracles if you will) that human science can not explain but religion/faith can. I don't think science and religion disprove each other, they just have different views and different explanations for things. Just like different religions have different views and explanations amongst themselves for things.
peace

Me importa un pimiento...
-
grayhookups
- Bonghead

- Posts: 272
- Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:02 pm
- Location: Toronto
- Contact:
personally i think all religion is a waste of time
i mean theres many scenarios that could happen in fact theres an infinite number of scenarios that could have influenced how the earth was created and who shaped our existance but its basically been broken down into a couple of scenarios that not only are practically impossible (i say practically because i dont think anything is impossible) but seem to almost have the same guidlines as are legal system.
i think its great that people believe that theres some sort of greater spirit that is not alive but not dead or whatever but i dont see how any of it can be real the real way to find it out is once ur dead and what the fuck happens then its not like u can tell anybody
for all i kno this world could be totally centered around my mind everything i sense was created through my mind and maybe im my own god
the thing that rele gets me is that where is the proof can some1 say for a fact god is real jesus may be real but for all we kno he could just be some human that got some ppl to follow him around because he was apparantly the son of god
to me i wouldnt waste my time with religion im not scared of not following god just cuz the bible says i would go to hell because i believe i wont thats my belief and i have just as much of a right to believe that their is no god or anything godly about this world in that this world is based on sheer science we werent created for a reason we were created because monkeys eventually evolved into what we are called as homo sapiens and eventually our brain became so powerful we could learn to think communicate and survive thats why were on this earth cuz we were the lucky enough that a different sperm cell wasnt fertilized
thats y i think were here cuz we were born and becuase we were born we figure we might as well live our lives out
i could go on all night with this but i think i rele have to do alot more thinking before i started writing huge reports about my opinions on religion
i mean theres many scenarios that could happen in fact theres an infinite number of scenarios that could have influenced how the earth was created and who shaped our existance but its basically been broken down into a couple of scenarios that not only are practically impossible (i say practically because i dont think anything is impossible) but seem to almost have the same guidlines as are legal system.
i think its great that people believe that theres some sort of greater spirit that is not alive but not dead or whatever but i dont see how any of it can be real the real way to find it out is once ur dead and what the fuck happens then its not like u can tell anybody
for all i kno this world could be totally centered around my mind everything i sense was created through my mind and maybe im my own god
the thing that rele gets me is that where is the proof can some1 say for a fact god is real jesus may be real but for all we kno he could just be some human that got some ppl to follow him around because he was apparantly the son of god
to me i wouldnt waste my time with religion im not scared of not following god just cuz the bible says i would go to hell because i believe i wont thats my belief and i have just as much of a right to believe that their is no god or anything godly about this world in that this world is based on sheer science we werent created for a reason we were created because monkeys eventually evolved into what we are called as homo sapiens and eventually our brain became so powerful we could learn to think communicate and survive thats why were on this earth cuz we were the lucky enough that a different sperm cell wasnt fertilized
thats y i think were here cuz we were born and becuase we were born we figure we might as well live our lives out
i could go on all night with this but i think i rele have to do alot more thinking before i started writing huge reports about my opinions on religion
everything is better when stoned....period
-
Schmut
- Bonghead

- Posts: 233
- Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:01 pm
- Location: Cumbria, England
- Contact:
I believe that the universe was formed because of a great big bang. As for how that big bang was caused I have my own theories about it, not based on Gods or higher entities.
However, there is definately more to the world we live in than meets the eye. There could be some force running through the universe that pushes us forward in the right direction. That force could be time. I believe in destiny, only one set line through time and that everything that happens only happens because it was meant to. Therefore every religion that is known today, is meant to exist. They all serve their purpose.
Religion can be the catalyst for war, it can lead people down the path of righteousness and help people become better people. All of this is set in stone. It was meant to happen and it did happen.
Everything that happens serves its purpose and ultimately progresses the existence of the universe.
And don't think just because destiny exists you don't have a choice or influence. We are given choices with pre-determined actions, but it's still your individual choice and that has it's influence on the progression of the universe.
That is what I believe. I think. ... I may just be stoned and rambling.
However, there is definately more to the world we live in than meets the eye. There could be some force running through the universe that pushes us forward in the right direction. That force could be time. I believe in destiny, only one set line through time and that everything that happens only happens because it was meant to. Therefore every religion that is known today, is meant to exist. They all serve their purpose.
Religion can be the catalyst for war, it can lead people down the path of righteousness and help people become better people. All of this is set in stone. It was meant to happen and it did happen.
Everything that happens serves its purpose and ultimately progresses the existence of the universe.
And don't think just because destiny exists you don't have a choice or influence. We are given choices with pre-determined actions, but it's still your individual choice and that has it's influence on the progression of the universe.
That is what I believe. I think. ... I may just be stoned and rambling.
-
death69
- Bonghead

- Posts: 194
- Joined: Mon May 16, 2005 12:06 am
- Location: so cal
- Contact:
To me, God was created to help with the pain of the unkown. man once though the world was flat. books were written of people who had gone to the edge and fallen off. people swore that it was flat because to the naked eye at ground level, it appears so. since many feel that we were created by someone and that there is something controling everything, many religions are created. i simply believe in good and evil. evolution has been proven and it is proven that with the big bang theory, organisms could have been created. i dont know and im fine with it. but to me, religion is like something to help you sleep at night. thats how i really feel and have nothing against people who are religious. its just my opinion
If you smokin that chronic, purple kush is the best...
roll it up in a swisher take hit to the chest...
we like to SMMOOOOOOOOOKE we smokin that chonic
roll it up in a swisher take hit to the chest...
we like to SMMOOOOOOOOOKE we smokin that chonic
- Ultimatethombus
- Casual toker

- Posts: 39
- Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:14 pm
- Location: Tomalot!!!
- Contact:
- FIRE!!!
- Ganja God

- Posts: 4564
- Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:53 am
- Location: Deep South FL
- Contact:
-
Jay212
- Sir Toke-a-lot

- Posts: 2352
- Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:51 am
- Contact:
How exactly was the big bang created? Something had to set it off, so what's your theory?Schmut wrote:I believe that the universe was formed because of a great big bang. As for how that big bang was caused I have my own theories about it, not based on Gods or higher entities.
I don't mean to offend anyone when I say this but your entire view on what religion is supposed to be, and how earth was created and what people believe, is really all just bullshit created by people before our time. It's all just stupid shit to make people sleep at night, like death69 said. Everything is created by human. Just like math, english, and astrophysics; religion and god and theories of how earth was created were all made up by human, which in my eyes are basically guidelines of how a "normal" human in this age "should" live their life. I seriously don't understand how people can live life believing all that shit. You might as well believe all our parents were put here on this planet by aliens and thoughts about life before them and knowledge about life before them were zapped into their heads. Perhaps all our parents never had real parents, but were just created by aliens and had pre-made thoughts put into their heads. How is what I create any different than what these prophets created all those years ago? The only thing that makes what I say any different is that the entire religion thing was made into a template in life, just like math, english, and astrophysics(yes, I'm aware I said that already). That's why it's almost impossible for man-kind to drop this shit, because it's a way of life now. I'm done rambling now, I'm probably just making myself look stupid and I've probably been repeating myself this entire post.
If u aint from the hillz then homeboy lay it down ~ CWS
-
Schmut
- Bonghead

- Posts: 233
- Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:01 pm
- Location: Cumbria, England
- Contact:
Well, at first there would have been nothing. No space or time. In actual fact there was too much non-existence, thus there was an imbalance. It would be the equivalent of a vacuum, but more, it would also be a vacuum in time. So, as you know a vacuum could cause you to explode. Well, maybe it can tear a hole in itself, if it's big enough, and maybe this hole could be a giant explosion and after that over time the universe was formed.Jay212 wrote: How exactly was the big bang created? Something had to set it off, so what's your theory?
I'm also quite serius about my cat-toast theory from another post of mine.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users
