Page 1 of 1
Storing Weed for 6months?
Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:20 am
by CocoPuffnSmoke
Hi, im a seasonal smoker and i recently came into 2grams of some awsome bud. I would like to store it untill the winter, around end of novemeber/december. I currently have it in a medicne bottle in a backpack, in my closet. My questions are....
What will happen to it if i leave as is or will it be fine?
How do i preserve it that long?
People tell me its going to dry out but isnt it alrdy dry?
Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:31 am
by Pubehair
I heard that if you let bud sit longer it gets more potent. A drug container is fine as long as its airtight. So you pretty much good dude.

Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:33 am
by Dr. Greenthumb
a freezer would work well and no it doesnt get more potent.
it might be kinda dry when you smoke it but as long as it doesnt have mold its smokable.
Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:55 am
by CocoPuffnSmoke
whats the big deal if its dry? and how do i remedy that?
Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:38 am
by Gorecore
If your weed is too dry and turns to dust when breaking it up or "busting" it, put it in a baggie with either a bit of fresh bread or some orange peels.
My preferred method is to take a cotton ball, tape it to the underside of a baby food jar, put a few drops of water on the cotton and put the weed inside and close the lid. Leave it that way for a day and the moisture will work it's way into the weed.
Dry weed isn't less or more potent than 'sticky' weed. It tends to burn a bit faster, but you can mix some tobacco in the joint to slow that process down.
Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:42 am
by Dr. Greenthumb
I wouldnt recomend the bread andd orange peel thing only because it will promote mold growth and that will make the weed unsafe to smoke.
the cotton ball method is great though, I do something similar for my cigar humidor.
Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:22 am
by Gorecore
lol...i don't recommend the bread or orange peels either. I heard someone say lettuce once before??
I tried bread once and all the loose bits coming off the nugs got embedded in the pores of the bread. So I ended up breaking those out, smoking them in the pipe and once the weed was burnt out of it...I had croutons.
I never tried the orange peel method. Mold could be a factor though.
Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:39 pm
by Hatchetrunner420
why don't you just smoke that shit && buy some more when you need it
Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:53 pm
by Martin
I agree with hatche, smoke the green you have now and buy some more in winter.

Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:19 pm
by Haste
you'll end up smoking it.
Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:44 am
by Skunk Master
smoke it all, its there to be smoked

Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:16 pm
by cutthecashflow
An airtight glass jar is the best bet. Keeps the bud fresh for as long as it is in the jar.