Page 1 of 1
Evil fuckin trojan... please help?
Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:33 pm
by Weedguru_Falkon
alright. i dont think that theres an easy way to get rid of this fucker, but i figure ill ask you guys. Alright so i have a trojan called SexDownloader.ocx
its embedded in some file, and my virus scanner sees it and recognizes it, but cant delete it. Well, i went into dos and tried to delete the fucker myself... and to no luck. I tried using explorer to see where it was and its not there. However, i KNOW its there because its downloading thousands of zipped porn files to my computer.
the good news is that i can delete these files pretty easily. the bad news (other than i cant get rid of the bastard) is that it downloads these videos until every last BYTE of space on my computer is used....
Any help?

Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:44 pm
by Dr. Greenthumb
run some spyware removal software.
Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:47 pm
by csem-it
Hmmm, sounds like a nice virus to have
Anyway, take a look at these sites.
http://www.lavasoft.de/software/adaware/
http://www.softpile.com/Utilities/AntiV ... index.html
Download the programs and run them, it should clear things up. the alternative is to try a different virus scanner.
After that, your talking backing up as much as you need to. Then format the pc. Its good to do this every now and then anyway.
I do mine once every 6 months.
Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:09 am
by wgToonces
csem-it wrote: Then format the pc. Its good to do this every now and then anyway.
I do mine once every 6 months.
Damn, I never knew you could do that, how do I go about it?

Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:54 am
by Weedguru_Falkon
turns out that somehow, some way the virus is gone now :/ One day my HDD space was staying the same, and i never had any problems. huh, whod'a thought
how do you format your computer? well, first youre going to want to backup EVERYTHING on your computer (unless you dont care about anything at all)
then open up dos (Start>run> type cmd) once there, usually format or format C: should work (where c insert your main HDD letter)
if not, lemme know.
Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:02 am
by weedguru_animal
I thought that unless your HD was a transient zone which billions of bytes passes through on a daily basis, there was no real need for regualr formatting?????
Also, I have had a few trojans in my time and losta fair amount of data through carelessness and lack of security....I now stick with Macafee and Zone Alarm Pro. But also I have the WIndows Defender program...
Security must be set to what you need...From my own limited understanding I assume that wireless connexions are the most insecure...But then again even if you are in a shared house on a network router..let's say ethernet...then theoretically a housemate could plant something like a sniffer on the router or somewhere in the loop and everything you access/down/upload could be recorded by this housemate....not a comforting thought for some-like myself- who has um..shall we say a depraved mind???...
ahh the security issues with PCs are endless, interesting but ultimately a little too inorganic for my mind to fully comprehend in great detail....
I am happy to explain to anyone precisely what I know.Just find me on msn or send a PM....
Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:50 am
by jonny cockeral
Toonces wrote:csem-it wrote: Then format the pc. Its good to do this every now and then anyway.
I do mine once every 6 months.
Damn, I never knew you could do that, how do I go about it?

i wanna know how to do it without loosing all of my stuff i.e. mp3s which i would have to burn then copy back which would take ages, my hard drive is full aswell so im not sure about partitions. although what animal said is true i think my compouter always runs faster after doing so
Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:09 pm
by Weedguru Cusmar
I've only done it once and i couldn't be fucked to burn all my music, i just burnt my movies and episodes. It was painful to lose 30+gig of music, but as far as i know theres no way to get rid of the crap on your pc and still keep stuff on there.
Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:28 pm
by Weedguru_Falkon
Weedguru_Falkon wrote:turns out that somehow, some way the virus is gone now :/ One day my HDD space was staying the same, and i never had any problems. huh, whod'a thought
how do you format your computer? well, first youre going to want to backup EVERYTHING on your computer (unless you dont care about anything at all)
then open up dos (Start>run> type cmd) once there, usually format or format C: should work (where c insert your main HDD letter)
if not, lemme know.
Hellllo? anyone read what i wrote?
What you want to do to backup everything... dont bother with burning CDs or DVDs. I tried it, and it takes for fucking EVER. Just go out and buy an external harddrive. I bought an 80 Gb Western Digital that works extremely well for around $80. Then you just connect it to your computer via USB 2 and transfer whatever you want to save onto that. then format your computer and voila, solved.
oh yeah, and btw, youre gonna want to have a copy of your operating system as well..... or else youll be fucked