Page 1 of 1

Total Newbie. Bongs-What use do they have?

Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:56 pm
by csem-it
OK, I am new to smoking anything and recently started smoking those herbal joints i.e. kratom, salvia etc. I have been told that these are more potent in bongs and pipe's rather than joints.

I was wandering if anyone could explain to me why and if there are any ways of making it easier on your lungs and throat when toking.

I dont have mass amounts of cash and I am not a heavy smoker yet so I cant just go and buy a vaporiser.

Any help would be great, Thanks.

Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:19 pm
by FIRE!!!
You probably get a bigger hit out of bongs, that's about it..

The best way to make it easier on your lungs and throat is to smoke more often until you get used to it.

Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:22 pm
by Dr. Greenthumb
With bongs you can use cold water to cool the smoke so it makes it a smoother hit.

oh and if your smoking salvia it is best when smoked in a bong.

Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:22 pm
by wizz
Well you want to use bongs/bubblers so that the water can clean the herb while coming through.. also you need to get dense hits when smoking salvia or any of those kinds and bongs and bubblers release more dense amount of smoke at once... salvia hits you the hardest this way... but also helps that its being cleaned at the same time.

Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:37 pm
by csem-it
Wow guys, thanks for the helpful comments.

Sorry that my first post was a little short and sketchy, I was in a rush.

OK, So.....I need a smoother hit when I inhale, How do I go about that?

I heard that you can put icy water into a bong to really cool down the smoke but does this actually make it easier to breath?

Also, what is better in a bong when it come to water? Is it more? Or Less?

I know you guys are big pot smokers so I am proberbly asking in the wrong place but do any of you know any good legal alternatives to weed? I am looking for the same sort of mellowed out, chilled happy feeling but I would like to get it legaly.

Thanks for all your help so far guys. You seem like a really friendly bunch.

Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:11 pm
by canadianbud
For cooling the smoke, yes ice-water in a bong really makes it easier to hit, but watch out and dont take too big hits, because since its so easy to hit you take massive hits which make you cough. With bong water level, you wana make it so the stem of the bowl is like just less then an inch under the water.

Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:04 am
by csem-it
So the more you take in the worse it makes you choke? OK

I am going to try and make a bong soon and give it all a go. Well, I was thinking of making 3 LOL.

I thought I would make a very small one like out of an old pill bottle and a gutted pen, A bigger one out of a 2 litre pop bottle and some garden hose and lastly one of those gravity bongs that you fill with water, release it and it draws the smoke in with the lower pressure created.

Does this sound like a good idea?

The reason I choke is cuz I have mild asthma so I need something that will help with that.

At the moment I am smoking the joints that you can buy here, I have a few of each to see which work best. http://www.potseeds.co.uk/highs/herbalJoints.html

The bongs I make will have to just have a joint stuck in the stem cuz I dont have a bowl, screens or anything like that as I am new to the whole smoking scene (Allthough its the legal side, LOL)

Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:36 pm
by birdie
The bongs I make will have to just have a joint stuck in the stem cuz I dont have a bowl, screens or anything like that as I am new to the whole smoking scene (Allthough its the legal side, LOL
Wrong, you cant put the joint in for the stem because then the joint would get wet.. haha.. and go buy a bong for like 10$ soemwhere.

PS. Fuck all that legal shit its stupid go buy some weed :P

Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:10 am
by Ikku
He said he was going to stick a joint in the stem, not into the water.

Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:32 am
by csem-it
Ikku wrote:He said he was going to stick a joint in the stem, not into the water.
Thank you