Total Newbie. Bongs-What use do they have?
Moderator: Moderators
-
csem-it
- Bonghead

- Posts: 115
- Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:47 pm
- Location: England - UK
- Contact:
Total Newbie. Bongs-What use do they have?
OK, I am new to smoking anything and recently started smoking those herbal joints i.e. kratom, salvia etc. I have been told that these are more potent in bongs and pipe's rather than joints.
I was wandering if anyone could explain to me why and if there are any ways of making it easier on your lungs and throat when toking.
I dont have mass amounts of cash and I am not a heavy smoker yet so I cant just go and buy a vaporiser.
Any help would be great, Thanks.
I was wandering if anyone could explain to me why and if there are any ways of making it easier on your lungs and throat when toking.
I dont have mass amounts of cash and I am not a heavy smoker yet so I cant just go and buy a vaporiser.
Any help would be great, Thanks.
- FIRE!!!
- Ganja God

- Posts: 4564
- Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:53 am
- Location: Deep South FL
- Contact:
- Dr. Greenthumb
- Stoned Immaculate

- Posts: 8112
- Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:17 pm
- Contact:
With bongs you can use cold water to cool the smoke so it makes it a smoother hit.
oh and if your smoking salvia it is best when smoked in a bong.
oh and if your smoking salvia it is best when smoked in a bong.
“Cannibalism? Racism? Dude, that’s not for us ... those decisions are better left to the suits in Washington. We’re just here to eat some dude!”
-Charlie Kelly
-Charlie Kelly
-
wizz
- Bonghead

- Posts: 486
- Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:00 am
- Contact:
Well you want to use bongs/bubblers so that the water can clean the herb while coming through.. also you need to get dense hits when smoking salvia or any of those kinds and bongs and bubblers release more dense amount of smoke at once... salvia hits you the hardest this way... but also helps that its being cleaned at the same time.
-
csem-it
- Bonghead

- Posts: 115
- Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:47 pm
- Location: England - UK
- Contact:
Wow guys, thanks for the helpful comments.
Sorry that my first post was a little short and sketchy, I was in a rush.
OK, So.....I need a smoother hit when I inhale, How do I go about that?
I heard that you can put icy water into a bong to really cool down the smoke but does this actually make it easier to breath?
Also, what is better in a bong when it come to water? Is it more? Or Less?
I know you guys are big pot smokers so I am proberbly asking in the wrong place but do any of you know any good legal alternatives to weed? I am looking for the same sort of mellowed out, chilled happy feeling but I would like to get it legaly.
Thanks for all your help so far guys. You seem like a really friendly bunch.
Sorry that my first post was a little short and sketchy, I was in a rush.
OK, So.....I need a smoother hit when I inhale, How do I go about that?
I heard that you can put icy water into a bong to really cool down the smoke but does this actually make it easier to breath?
Also, what is better in a bong when it come to water? Is it more? Or Less?
I know you guys are big pot smokers so I am proberbly asking in the wrong place but do any of you know any good legal alternatives to weed? I am looking for the same sort of mellowed out, chilled happy feeling but I would like to get it legaly.
Thanks for all your help so far guys. You seem like a really friendly bunch.
-
canadianbud
- Sir Toke-a-lot

- Posts: 2157
- Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:52 pm
- Location: Toronto, Ontario
- Contact:
For cooling the smoke, yes ice-water in a bong really makes it easier to hit, but watch out and dont take too big hits, because since its so easy to hit you take massive hits which make you cough. With bong water level, you wana make it so the stem of the bowl is like just less then an inch under the water.
[img]http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1552/img0969am8.jpg[/img]
"My memories will always be lots of beauty and warmth from grass. Well, that was my life and I don't feel ashamed at all. Mary Jane, honey, you sure was good ..." ~ Louis Armstrong
"My memories will always be lots of beauty and warmth from grass. Well, that was my life and I don't feel ashamed at all. Mary Jane, honey, you sure was good ..." ~ Louis Armstrong
-
csem-it
- Bonghead

- Posts: 115
- Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:47 pm
- Location: England - UK
- Contact:
So the more you take in the worse it makes you choke? OK
I am going to try and make a bong soon and give it all a go. Well, I was thinking of making 3 LOL.
I thought I would make a very small one like out of an old pill bottle and a gutted pen, A bigger one out of a 2 litre pop bottle and some garden hose and lastly one of those gravity bongs that you fill with water, release it and it draws the smoke in with the lower pressure created.
Does this sound like a good idea?
The reason I choke is cuz I have mild asthma so I need something that will help with that.
At the moment I am smoking the joints that you can buy here, I have a few of each to see which work best. http://www.potseeds.co.uk/highs/herbalJoints.html
The bongs I make will have to just have a joint stuck in the stem cuz I dont have a bowl, screens or anything like that as I am new to the whole smoking scene (Allthough its the legal side, LOL)
I am going to try and make a bong soon and give it all a go. Well, I was thinking of making 3 LOL.
I thought I would make a very small one like out of an old pill bottle and a gutted pen, A bigger one out of a 2 litre pop bottle and some garden hose and lastly one of those gravity bongs that you fill with water, release it and it draws the smoke in with the lower pressure created.
Does this sound like a good idea?
The reason I choke is cuz I have mild asthma so I need something that will help with that.
At the moment I am smoking the joints that you can buy here, I have a few of each to see which work best. http://www.potseeds.co.uk/highs/herbalJoints.html
The bongs I make will have to just have a joint stuck in the stem cuz I dont have a bowl, screens or anything like that as I am new to the whole smoking scene (Allthough its the legal side, LOL)
-
birdie
- Bonghead

- Posts: 395
- Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:16 pm
- Location: PEI, Canada
- Contact:
Wrong, you cant put the joint in for the stem because then the joint would get wet.. haha.. and go buy a bong for like 10$ soemwhere.The bongs I make will have to just have a joint stuck in the stem cuz I dont have a bowl, screens or anything like that as I am new to the whole smoking scene (Allthough its the legal side, LOL
PS. Fuck all that legal shit its stupid go buy some weed
[img]http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/5007/birdieek0.png[/img]
Lifes a bitch, but then you die, so fuck the world and lets get high!
Lifes a bitch, but then you die, so fuck the world and lets get high!
-
Ikku
- Sir Toke-a-lot

- Posts: 2687
- Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:12 am
- Contact:
-
csem-it
- Bonghead

- Posts: 115
- Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:47 pm
- Location: England - UK
- Contact:
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users