Page 1 of 1
Mixing Drugs with Anti-Depressants
Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:39 am
by Silence
Hey, I've been interested in trying a few "Other Drugs", and curious on how I will react to them. I take 50mg of Zoloft everyday, and I can smoke weed just fine, but its other drugs I'm concerned about. I've been curious to try Coke, Shrooms, etc., and don't want to have a bad experience, (Especially something permanantly mind altering.)
If anyone knows what Zoloft's impact will have on these drugs please let me know. Thanks.
Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:59 pm
by Tr0n
"Taking psyilocybin containing mushrooms while on an MAOI can dramatically increase the effects of the experience. MAOIs are most commonly found in the prescription anti-depressants Nardil (phenelzine), Parnate (tranylcypromine), Marplan (isocarboxazid), Eldepryl (l-deprenyl), and Aurorex or Manerix (moclobemide). Ayahuasca also contains MAOIs (harmine and harmaline). Check with your doctor if you are not sure whether your prescription medication is an MAOI."- erowid.com
not a good idea to do shrooms if you're taking that. I'd advise against coke as well.
Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:04 pm
by FIRE!!!
Have this friend, we're gonna do this Erowid style and call her W, she took Zoloft as well, did coke while taking it, and now she has a nervous imbalance, forget what it's called but her hands are real shaky and she fidgets uncontrollably even when she tries to sit still..sometimes her face tenses up and makes these really weird expressions..it's disheartening at best.
Stay away from that shit until you are off medication..