Page 1 of 1

Anarchist Cookbook

Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:13 pm
by Dr. Greenthumb
I saw this movie about a year ago then caught it playing on tv yesterday. It's a really good film about a group of anarchist and dealing with the choice to become more radical or giving into 'the man'. It's a comedy drama but my favorite theme in the movie was how after a while one is forced to adapt there radical views in order to live in society.

Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:14 pm
by stoner_pacman
Anarchist cookbook is a cool movie man, its really sick when he...well i wont say too much dont wanna spoil it for anyone who aint seen it....you know the heel bit? sickk as fuck..
Peace

Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:47 am
by Dr. Greenthumb
I cringed when I saw that it was really rough to watch.

Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:55 am
by csem-it
I haven't seen the film myself, I just took a look at the trailer though. Looks like it could be worth a watch. I have read the book its based on though. There is a lot of hype over it at the moment but if you actually read it you see that the instructions are awful. Some of the sections are in no way easy to follow.

Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:38 pm
by weedguru_animal
i remember when i was younger and the anarchist cookbook was knocking around the school yard...lots of mad stuff in there...and vaguely recall getting a recipe for halluciogenic dried banana skins or peanuts...tried one of the basic molotov cocktails but i DO recall it was tricky to follow....ANd i was only thirteen, or thereabouts, maybe younger...the film sounds interesting

Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:49 pm
by csem-it
Ha Ha, the inside of a banana peel, scrape it off with a spoon, let it dry out then smoke it

The other. Get the shells of peanut's, crush them up, smoke it.

Neither of them do anything, they just give a feirce smoke, (particularly with the peanuts) and smell like crap.

But then who am I to laugh at? I am methodicaly trying about every legal high's at the moment just trying to get one that works.

Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:08 pm
by Dr. Greenthumb
It's not based on the book that's just what the movie is called because it's about a group of anarchist. They refer to the book but it's not really a main theme.

I like the theme of the movie one of society and conformity and the choices that people are forced to face.

Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:13 pm
by stoner_pacman
The actual book is way over rated, Some of it is quite useful but alot of it has been edited, i think it would be very awkward to find an original copy, theres been so much crap added in that isnt even true your better off going to other sources if you want to know how to make say a bomb for instance, I wouldnt trust that book. The film was pretty cool though, although not at all based on the book because the book isnt a story.
Peace

Posted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:08 pm
by Anti-FlagPUNK
i have a copy of the cookbook on my computer, pm me for it

Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:28 pm
by TYStonerTY
Lol its not hard to get :P just Limewire or any P2P sharing network thing (WinMX, Kazaa, even Bitlord). Yeah the book is pretty cool except for the parts I couldnt follow (ie. make a black box or anything involving payphones from the 70's USA). Haven't seen the movie but I might jsut do that after what Ive heard. Is it new or old? Old Im guessing.