Anarchist Cookbook
Moderator: Moderators
- Dr. Greenthumb
- Stoned Immaculate

- Posts: 8112
- Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:17 pm
- Contact:
Anarchist Cookbook
I saw this movie about a year ago then caught it playing on tv yesterday. It's a really good film about a group of anarchist and dealing with the choice to become more radical or giving into 'the man'. It's a comedy drama but my favorite theme in the movie was how after a while one is forced to adapt there radical views in order to live in society.
“Cannibalism? Racism? Dude, that’s not for us ... those decisions are better left to the suits in Washington. We’re just here to eat some dude!”
-Charlie Kelly
-Charlie Kelly
-
stoner_pacman
- Casual toker

- Posts: 60
- Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:37 am
- Location: uk
- Contact:
- Dr. Greenthumb
- Stoned Immaculate

- Posts: 8112
- Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:17 pm
- Contact:
-
csem-it
- Bonghead

- Posts: 115
- Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:47 pm
- Location: England - UK
- Contact:
I haven't seen the film myself, I just took a look at the trailer though. Looks like it could be worth a watch. I have read the book its based on though. There is a lot of hype over it at the moment but if you actually read it you see that the instructions are awful. Some of the sections are in no way easy to follow.
-
weedguru_animal
- Ganja God

- Posts: 6562
- Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2002 6:07 pm
- Location: south
- Contact:
i remember when i was younger and the anarchist cookbook was knocking around the school yard...lots of mad stuff in there...and vaguely recall getting a recipe for halluciogenic dried banana skins or peanuts...tried one of the basic molotov cocktails but i DO recall it was tricky to follow....ANd i was only thirteen, or thereabouts, maybe younger...the film sounds interesting
-
csem-it
- Bonghead

- Posts: 115
- Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:47 pm
- Location: England - UK
- Contact:
Ha Ha, the inside of a banana peel, scrape it off with a spoon, let it dry out then smoke it
The other. Get the shells of peanut's, crush them up, smoke it.
Neither of them do anything, they just give a feirce smoke, (particularly with the peanuts) and smell like crap.
But then who am I to laugh at? I am methodicaly trying about every legal high's at the moment just trying to get one that works.
The other. Get the shells of peanut's, crush them up, smoke it.
Neither of them do anything, they just give a feirce smoke, (particularly with the peanuts) and smell like crap.
But then who am I to laugh at? I am methodicaly trying about every legal high's at the moment just trying to get one that works.
- Dr. Greenthumb
- Stoned Immaculate

- Posts: 8112
- Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:17 pm
- Contact:
It's not based on the book that's just what the movie is called because it's about a group of anarchist. They refer to the book but it's not really a main theme.
I like the theme of the movie one of society and conformity and the choices that people are forced to face.
I like the theme of the movie one of society and conformity and the choices that people are forced to face.
“Cannibalism? Racism? Dude, that’s not for us ... those decisions are better left to the suits in Washington. We’re just here to eat some dude!”
-Charlie Kelly
-Charlie Kelly
-
stoner_pacman
- Casual toker

- Posts: 60
- Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:37 am
- Location: uk
- Contact:
The actual book is way over rated, Some of it is quite useful but alot of it has been edited, i think it would be very awkward to find an original copy, theres been so much crap added in that isnt even true your better off going to other sources if you want to know how to make say a bomb for instance, I wouldnt trust that book. The film was pretty cool though, although not at all based on the book because the book isnt a story.
Peace
Peace
"Freedom, untill your freedom infringes anothers"
- Anti-FlagPUNK
- Bonghead

- Posts: 389
- Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2005 2:39 am
- Contact:
-
TYStonerTY
- Bonghead

- Posts: 300
- Joined: Sun May 28, 2006 1:32 am
- Location: Ontario, Canada
- Contact:
Lol its not hard to get
just Limewire or any P2P sharing network thing (WinMX, Kazaa, even Bitlord). Yeah the book is pretty cool except for the parts I couldnt follow (ie. make a black box or anything involving payphones from the 70's USA). Haven't seen the movie but I might jsut do that after what Ive heard. Is it new or old? Old Im guessing.
[img]http://s9.imagehosting.us/uploadpoint/imagehosting_upload_storage/user_40021/T0_40021_1470270.jpg[/img]
Sig by antiflagPUNK
Sig by antiflagPUNK
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users