Page 1 of 1
A wee rant about me and my case. Please read.
Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:34 pm
by ~Twitch~
First off, I joined this forum for a chance to socialize with fellow stoners.
My name's Steve, and I have a heretitary, neurological disorder called tourette's syndrome. Please don't ask me exactly what that is, because it's very difficult to explain, especially for someone of my IQ level. I used to take "legitimate" medication for it, ie. risperidone, which is an anti-psycotic. (I also smoked pot at that point) Recently, I turned to a psychotic "alternate medicine". ie... that herb they call pot. (see signature) Since then, I've seemed a little crazy, but I'd rather be myself and medicate myself naturally, than with man-made chemicals. In a nutshell, weed makes me feel sane. So, if you ever read one of my posts, and can't figure out whether I'm fluent in any language whatsoever, before you ask yourself: "Is this guy insane?" (because the answer is yes) Keep in mind that it's not because I'm totally baked, it's because I'm not.
~Twitch~
Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:41 pm
by Dr. Greenthumb
Glad to hear cannabis is helping you out with your problem, I recently had knee surgery and smoking weed worked wonders for pain and physical therapy. The only problem with self medicating is that you dont really know what a proper dosage is, another problem that is a result of marijuana being illegal.
Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:00 pm
by youngweezy
not to be like mean or cruel but isnt tourrettes when you cant stop cursing? or am i thinkin of somethin else?
Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:37 pm
by DaemonLee
Tourette's is basically as I understand it, a misfiring within the brain, that can cause twitches, shivers, random words to be spoken.
If I'm wrong, someone correct me.
Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:47 pm
by mirage223
Sweet
Default
Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:37 pm
by ~Twitch~
youngweezy wrote:not to be like mean or cruel but isnt tourrettes when you cant stop cursing? or am i thinkin of somethin else?
Don't worry, I'm not easily offended. Tourette's is a "neurological disorder", in other words, disorder of the brain. And oddly, I hear people saying that's what tourette's is too, but compulsive swearing is called coprilalia (no idea how to spell it) and people often confuse that with TS because a lot of people that have TS have it also. Along with TS, I also have OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) and ADHD. I also have a small abnormality (for lack of a better word) called echolalia which is the same idea as coprilalia except it's the compulsive repeating of words, sentences, etc. For instance, someone might say something to me that stuck in my head, and I might walk down the street repeating it in my head, or sometimes out loud. If you want anymore information about this stuff, look it up online, because just like picking up weed for people, people always asking you the same question gets annoying after a couple years. (not to be rude, it's just people are always asking me what Tourette's is in real life too, and it's very hard to explain to someone who doesn't have it.)
~Twitch~
Default
Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:37 pm
by ~Twitch~
youngweezy wrote:not to be like mean or cruel but isnt tourrettes when you cant stop cursing? or am i thinkin of somethin else?
Don't worry, I'm not easily offended. Tourette's is a "neurological disorder", in other words, disorder of the brain. And oddly, I hear people saying that's what tourette's is too, but compulsive swearing is called coprilalia (no idea how to spell it) and people often confuse that with TS because a lot of people that have TS have it also. Along with TS, I also have OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) and ADHD. I also have a small abnormality (for lack of a better word) called echolalia which is the same idea as coprilalia except it's the compulsive repeating of words, sentences, etc. For instance, someone might say something to me that stuck in my head, and I might walk down the street repeating it in my head, or sometimes out loud. If you want anymore information about this stuff, look it up online, because just like picking up weed for people, people always asking you the same question gets annoying after a couple years. (not to be rude, it's just people are always asking me what Tourette's is in real life too, and it's very hard to explain to someone who doesn't have it.)
~Twitch~
Default
Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:38 pm
by ~Twitch~
youngweezy wrote:not to be like mean or cruel but isnt tourrettes when you cant stop cursing? or am i thinkin of somethin else?
Don't worry, I'm not easily offended. Tourette's is a "neurological disorder", in other words, disorder of the brain. And oddly, I hear people saying that's what tourette's is too, but compulsive swearing is called coprilalia (no idea how to spell it) and people often confuse that with TS because a lot of people that have TS have it also. Along with TS, I also have OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) and ADHD. I also have a small abnormality (for lack of a better word) called echolalia which is the same idea as coprilalia except it's the compulsive repeating of words, sentences, etc. For instance, someone might say something to me that stuck in my head, and I might walk down the street repeating it in my head, or sometimes out loud. If you want anymore information about this stuff, look it up online, because just like picking up weed for people, people always asking you the same question gets annoying after a couple years. (not to be rude, it's just people are always asking me what Tourette's is in real life too, and it's very hard to explain to someone who doesn't have it.)
~Twitch~
Sorry
Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:42 pm
by ~Twitch~
Sorry about the triple post, it displayed some error screen about not being able to "insert word matches" or something, that's why I tried sending it three times. The x icon isn't showing up by the message, only the"edit" and "quote" icons... Otherwise I'd delete the extras myself.
Posted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:35 am
by Dr. Greenthumb
Yeah dont worry the site has been having some problems that should be resolved soon.
As for the tourettes thing I also thought it was frequent swearing because the lady in 'deuce bigalow male jigalow' had tourettes and she would randomly scream out 'ballsweat' but thanks for clearing that up its good to have that straight. well I wont ask you any more questions, but if marijuana helps with your problem then keep on toking
