This was just part of a challenge to write a poem in less than ten minutes on another website I post at
---
The Confinements of Mondays
---
My veins itch
The secret I hold deep inside
Is yearning to get out of my skin
My soul is screaming for release
And where have you gone again
You left me with a messenger to say
You had to physically love me then split
I wish I had known that before hand
I would have made the moments last longer
It’s been raining since you left
It seems to every time you do
And in confinements of a showers artificial rain
I am no longer safe from the thought of you
I’m itching to shed my skin
Like a snake to be renewed
To be free of all this chaos
And if I could, I would be miles away from here
To see that smile of yours once again
And know that you can mean it
But until then my reckless soul
Will be trapped within my veins
Pulsing strongly against the currents of chaos
Which beats alongside my heart
October 11, 2005
The Confinements of Mondays
Moderators: weedguru_animal, Moderators
-
Weedguru_Dusk
- Bonghead

- Posts: 481
- Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:54 am
- Location: 7th circle of hell
- Contact:
The Confinements of Mondays
"having a conversation with you is like walking through a Salvador Dali painting"
[i] ...and your eyes look like they've seen too much its always some excuse too tired, too obtuse you look so far removed, this time I fear im losing you [/i]
[i] ...and your eyes look like they've seen too much its always some excuse too tired, too obtuse you look so far removed, this time I fear im losing you [/i]
-
Zen
- The Duke of Dope

- Posts: 1088
- Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:56 am
- Location: P.G., British Columbia
- Contact:
That was my favorite stanza in that poem. I liked it but at the same time, I thought that there was something more... direct and to the point that you were leaving out. As though you were just using the petry to skirt and dance around the real chaos. I dunno I may be off, but that's just how it struck me. You deffinitely use some pro terminology though.But until then my reckless soul
Will be trapped within my veins
Pulsing strongly against the currents of chaos
Which beats alongside my heart
But considering you wrote that in 10 minutes that's pretty amazing. I wouldn't be able to do that I don't think hehe
Peace~
Use the Earth to sew...
Use the Water to grow...
Use your hands to pick...
Your fingers to pack...
Use the Fire to burn...
Use the Air to breathe...
AND TOKE THAT SH!T LIKE A MUTHA FUCKIN' CYCLONE!!!
-Derekson
Use the Water to grow...
Use your hands to pick...
Your fingers to pack...
Use the Fire to burn...
Use the Air to breathe...
AND TOKE THAT SH!T LIKE A MUTHA FUCKIN' CYCLONE!!!
-Derekson
-
Weedguru_Dusk
- Bonghead

- Posts: 481
- Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:54 am
- Location: 7th circle of hell
- Contact:
well thanks. I tend to write very personal poems and what I was writing about happened a week before I wrote it. And you're right I use my poems to dance around the chaos in which people can only guess what it really is that causes the hell in my life with the exception of one other.
I think thought that leaving a poem open sometimes allows the reader to make a personal connection for themselves as well.
Thanks Zen
I think thought that leaving a poem open sometimes allows the reader to make a personal connection for themselves as well.
Thanks Zen
"having a conversation with you is like walking through a Salvador Dali painting"
[i] ...and your eyes look like they've seen too much its always some excuse too tired, too obtuse you look so far removed, this time I fear im losing you [/i]
[i] ...and your eyes look like they've seen too much its always some excuse too tired, too obtuse you look so far removed, this time I fear im losing you [/i]
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users