marijuana and the diabetic
Moderator: Moderators
-
ladymorgain67
- Casual toker

- Posts: 73
- Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2005 3:13 am
- Location: Lancaster, PA, USA
- Contact:
marijuana and the diabetic
May the resin preserve you!
-
tweedle
-
ladymorgain67
- Casual toker

- Posts: 73
- Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2005 3:13 am
- Location: Lancaster, PA, USA
- Contact:
diabetic
I get high, I stay high, but is a diabetics buzz different than someone without? Are my neurtransmitters the same? ( i dont really know what that means, but I still wanna know)
May the resin preserve you!
-
tweedle
-
ladymorgain67
- Casual toker

- Posts: 73
- Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2005 3:13 am
- Location: Lancaster, PA, USA
- Contact:
diabetes
No, no sugar in the smoke, but how do the chem. comp. in pot interact with absorption of nutrients and carbs? Is there malabsorption? And I recognize how the munchies play a role in a diabetic stoner, but how are the sugars absorbed when stoned? Is it faster or slower?
May the resin preserve you!
-
ladymorgain67
- Casual toker

- Posts: 73
- Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2005 3:13 am
- Location: Lancaster, PA, USA
- Contact:
-
WeedGuru_Flow
- Red Eye Jedi
- Posts: 8722
- Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:41 pm
- Location: Belgium
- Contact:
Re: diabetes
Well, im nota biochemistrist or whatever you gotta be for that. But my guess is faster, as the thc and the active components start working your metabolism speeds up a bit, you're burning fuel as you are being stoned, so you burn through your energy 'stash' much quicker when your stoned, so yes sugars are absorbed faster, way faster if you ask meladymorgain67 wrote:No, no sugar in the smoke, but how do the chem. comp. in pot interact with absorption of nutrients and carbs? Is there malabsorption? And I recognize how the munchies play a role in a diabetic stoner, but how are the sugars absorbed when stoned? Is it faster or slower?
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we would all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music.
-
ladymorgain67
- Casual toker

- Posts: 73
- Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2005 3:13 am
- Location: Lancaster, PA, USA
- Contact:
diabetics
Thats an interesting theory, but I am a lazy stoner, is my metabolism really kickin in if Im a couch stoner?
I am a major carnivor and I wonder if high protien levels are a factor as well. There is no way I can ask my doc these questions, he's just not that cool.
I do know a high protien diet promotes hair growth and health. Low protien, and you lose hair. Im rambling, hair has nothing to do with it, I got side tracked.
would a big ol' steak that "moos" when you stab it make a difference in carb absorption? If I have no carbs and only meat and veg, my BS levels drop like a rock, If I get small before I eat it doesnt seem to affect me as much as if I get small after I eat. I just wanna say fuck it and eat a Ben & Jerrys Everything but...
I am a major carnivor and I wonder if high protien levels are a factor as well. There is no way I can ask my doc these questions, he's just not that cool.
I do know a high protien diet promotes hair growth and health. Low protien, and you lose hair. Im rambling, hair has nothing to do with it, I got side tracked.
would a big ol' steak that "moos" when you stab it make a difference in carb absorption? If I have no carbs and only meat and veg, my BS levels drop like a rock, If I get small before I eat it doesnt seem to affect me as much as if I get small after I eat. I just wanna say fuck it and eat a Ben & Jerrys Everything but...
May the resin preserve you!
-
WidespreadDead
- Sir Toke-a-lot

- Posts: 2397
- Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:03 am
- Location: Chicago
- Contact:
-
Weedguru_Fire_Inside
- Sir Toke-a-lot

- Posts: 3686
- Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2004 1:03 pm
- Location: England
- Contact:
-
Weedguru Cusmar
- Sir Toke-a-lot

- Posts: 2834
- Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2004 8:51 pm
- Location: Floating (Brighton, U.K.)
- Contact:
-
hashpipe
- The Duke of Dope

- Posts: 1071
- Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:42 pm
- Location: baggie
- Contact:
nah i dont think you'll get stoned quicker or whatever, no difference between brains of a diabetic and a "normal" stoner, if you are a diabetic, there's something wrong with your pancreas, in that thing there are certain cells which make hormones, one of those hormones is insulin. insulin regulates the glucose level in your blood. if you get the whitey's, there's not enough glucose in your blood, thats why you'll start getting white and feeling tired, and thats why it goes away quicker if you will take something with lots of sugar.
so the only difference is that a diabetic has more chance to get the whiteys, if they didn't took their medicine.......
how do i know this? my grandfather and grannie had diabetics, so has my mom. and probably i'm gonna get it too if i'm old
so the only difference is that a diabetic has more chance to get the whiteys, if they didn't took their medicine.......
how do i know this? my grandfather and grannie had diabetics, so has my mom. and probably i'm gonna get it too if i'm old
jah is everywhere...give thanks and praise
-
hashpipe
- The Duke of Dope

- Posts: 1071
- Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:42 pm
- Location: baggie
- Contact:
whoops i didnt read your post good enough, but if your eyesight has gotten worse, go see a doctor, diabetics can go blind........ serious, the little veins in your eyes could get swollen or blocked, causing a lack of oxygen in your eyes, its an eye disease almost everyone with diabetes gets...... surely your doctor has told you that...... or at least he told you that you should get your eyes checked like every month
just read this.... http://www.mydr.com.au/default.asp?Article=2316
just read this.... http://www.mydr.com.au/default.asp?Article=2316
jah is everywhere...give thanks and praise
-
flynn
just out of curiouity are you a Type I or Type II diabetic? i did a thesis on marijuana and herbal medicine so I may be able to offer a few points:
*From what I have read pot does not have a direct affect on glucose levels. However, the munchies brought on by smoking pot can cause you to indulge on and high-carbohydrate (high sugar) snacks which can significantly worsen diabetes control.
*Once stoned there is a higher chance of insulin/hypoglycaemic drug dosage errors, mistakes about how to respond to blood glucose results and perhaps also timing error in dosage times.
*Some people have reported that their blood glucose levels rise slightly after smoking pot and others have reported that it is lower, so the jury is out on that one but from what I can gather it doesn't seem to have a pronounced effect on blood glucose
*If you are a type I diabetic (insulin dependent) then I would be careful when smoking lots of dope to not fuck up your injection dose or times. In other words, don't do it stoned
*If you are a type II diabetic (which I doubt you are, you probably aren't old enough to have it unless you are obese
), then I would suggest that you lay off the shit food that you eat when you have the munchies to stop the sudden jump in blood sugar levels/
*If you take these points into consideration I don't think you will have a problem
DISCLAIMER: I am by no means endorsing you to go and smoke pot, I am not a doctor If you are really concerned talk to your GP
*From what I have read pot does not have a direct affect on glucose levels. However, the munchies brought on by smoking pot can cause you to indulge on and high-carbohydrate (high sugar) snacks which can significantly worsen diabetes control.
*Once stoned there is a higher chance of insulin/hypoglycaemic drug dosage errors, mistakes about how to respond to blood glucose results and perhaps also timing error in dosage times.
*Some people have reported that their blood glucose levels rise slightly after smoking pot and others have reported that it is lower, so the jury is out on that one but from what I can gather it doesn't seem to have a pronounced effect on blood glucose
*If you are a type I diabetic (insulin dependent) then I would be careful when smoking lots of dope to not fuck up your injection dose or times. In other words, don't do it stoned
*If you are a type II diabetic (which I doubt you are, you probably aren't old enough to have it unless you are obese
*If you take these points into consideration I don't think you will have a problem
DISCLAIMER: I am by no means endorsing you to go and smoke pot, I am not a doctor If you are really concerned talk to your GP
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users