Future

A place to discuss deeper topics

Moderator: Moderators

BGDetroit

Future

Post by BGDetroit »

If you could see the future, would you really want to?

I dont know if i would, Bits and peices, Real small igsanifigant(SP? I know its wrong) bits and peices. Because if you knew everything life wouldnt really matter.

Discuss.




Edit: This is a question which they'res so many positives but so many negatives its super hard to choose which one id want. Id like to see tiny things that happened. Like not anything to do with my life, Jus random things going on in the world. I feel if i knew even jus tiny bits of my future life would be jus boring.
Last edited by BGDetroit on Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Midnight Toker
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 3463
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2003 9:55 pm
Location: England

Post by Midnight Toker »

On the one hand, yes, of course. I could look forward and see the week's winning lottery numbers and i could avoid making huge mistakes that would fuck my life up.

But on the other hand, knowing exactly what would happen and when would take all the fun and adventure out of life. Imagine how boring life would be if you always knew what was around the corner.

Part of the journey of life is to take the rough with the smooth. It's life's depressing low points which make you truly appreciate the highs, if you always knew everything would be just fine, wouldn't you get bored.

Then again you've always got to consider that just because you know the future, that doesn't neccessarily mean you can change it. You might end up knowing all the bad shit that was going to happen to you, and all you could do would be sit back and watch your world fall apart.

So there you go, another thorough yet utterly inconclusive post, brought to you by Midnight.
[img]http://img155.exs.cx/img155/7595/tillijk2ss.png[/img]

''I spent alot of money on booze, birds
and fast cars. The rest i just squandered.'' - George Best
cutthecashflow
Intellecutally Wasted
Intellecutally Wasted
Posts: 7747
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:19 pm
Location: Home of the Sioux!
Contact:

Post by cutthecashflow »

If you went into the future and used it to your advantage do you think you would fuck up the past?
Get busy living or get busy dying.
BGDetroit

Post by BGDetroit »

Midnight this is all a lie wrote: So there you go, another thorough yet utterly inconclusive post, brought to you by Midnight.
Thats what i like lol. Its like philosphical, A real thinker. Its real hard to make a choice.

Ill post more of my thoughts tommrow or sometime soon.

Otherwise, Keep on discussing guys.
Midnight Toker
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 3463
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2003 9:55 pm
Location: England

Post by Midnight Toker »

cutthecashflow wrote:If you went into the future and used it to your advantage do you think you would fuck up the past?
Nah man, how could that work? The past has already happened, that's why it's the past. It could fuck up the future as it was destined to be, but it couldn't possibly have any bearing on events that have already occured. It's not like time travel.
[img]http://img155.exs.cx/img155/7595/tillijk2ss.png[/img]

''I spent alot of money on booze, birds
and fast cars. The rest i just squandered.'' - George Best
cutthecashflow
Intellecutally Wasted
Intellecutally Wasted
Posts: 7747
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:19 pm
Location: Home of the Sioux!
Contact:

Post by cutthecashflow »

So were not actually talking about being in the future physically? Just getting a mental image of the future is what were talking about then right?
Get busy living or get busy dying.
Guest

Post by Guest »

Ah Fuck you cuntbag.
cutthecashflow
Intellecutally Wasted
Intellecutally Wasted
Posts: 7747
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:19 pm
Location: Home of the Sioux!
Contact:

Post by cutthecashflow »

jus.me.n.my.pipe wrote:Ah Fuck you cuntbag.
:?: I thought I was puzzeld before?!
Get busy living or get busy dying.
tweedle

Post by tweedle »

That was abit random but even if you went to the furture physically, how would that change the past? The past has already happened
cutthecashflow
Intellecutally Wasted
Intellecutally Wasted
Posts: 7747
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:19 pm
Location: Home of the Sioux!
Contact:

Post by cutthecashflow »

LOL I was basing my theory on Back To the Future
Get busy living or get busy dying.
blizzunt
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 302
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:25 am
Location: connecticut
Contact:

Post by blizzunt »

I think what he was tring to say that if you went into the future and changed stuff it would mess up the past, which is really the present. Harder to explain than I thought maybe...like if we were to travel into the future this present would become the past, and if we were to come back would this have changed. :? :stoned2: :dunno:
[img]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b213/2dank/banks15hy.jpg[/img] < G-unot
Courtneylove5000
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2005 2:13 am
Contact:

Post by Courtneylove5000 »

i would prolly want to see the future of the world's progress, not my own future. it would ruin the surprize. it would be cool to see what kind of cars people drive and how the world leaders have changed. it would be nice to know if they ever really did fully leagalize weed, too. that way i have something to look forward to.
Texas Girl Livin' in PA
tweedle

Post by tweedle »

blizzunt wrote:I think what he was tring to say that if you went into the future and changed stuff it would mess up the past, which is really the present. Harder to explain than I thought maybe...like if we were to travel into the future this present would become the past, and if we were to come back would this have changed. :? :stoned2: :dunno:
it wouldnt change because the future that you have just been to hasnt happened yet
Shwoot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 2482
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 6:51 pm
Location: P.E., Canada
Contact:

Post by Shwoot »

I don't see how changing the future would have any connection to the past. Think of.... If you stacked up a bunch of plates, and the higher up they went, the further it was into the future. If you knock a bunch off the top, they fall and smash on the floor, but the ones underneath are totally in tact.

And for the question, no I wouldn't want to see the future. Think of how bad the world is now with crime and war, it's only gonna get worse. If I saw the future, I'd probably want to die.

Sorry to be so negative, but as of late, I'm losing all faith in humans.
[img]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b42/Pron88/mandyedt.jpg[/img]
flynn

Post by flynn »

nah...let life surprise me
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users