Page 1 of 1
How to pack your J just the right amount
Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 5:01 am
by Seth442
Last week I rolled a J that looked really nice, but when I tried to smoke it me and my friend couldn't get any smoke from it. We had to keep lighting it and we weren't inhaling anything. I was pretty disapointed as you can guess. I decided I packed it too tight. So we went back to my room and put some weed into a cigarett and made it really loose. It didn't burn very well because it was so loose, but at least we got smoke and got high. Anyways, I'm wondering how to make sure to pack my J's just the right amount.
Also, could the problem with my first J been that I didn't break up the weed enough?
Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 10:21 am
by weedguru tom
theres differnt standars of rolling, it could have nothi`n to do with your bud at all, but on your rollign technique, just keep tryin` till you find a particular way to roll.
Posted: Tue May 03, 2005 3:39 am
by ...Farlan...
i find i roll my joints in different packness each time, depending on what im feeling... a bit more loose if i want to take big tokes without any resistance, or a tighter joint, that doesent lose shape at all, that burns alot slower..... when ppl pencil pack there joints, they tend to pack it waaaay to much, thinking that more packed = better joint

Posted: Tue May 03, 2005 10:26 pm
by canadianbud
pack it so that its firm throughout but you can still squeeze it and it gets a bit squished.
Posted: Thu May 05, 2005 2:10 pm
by tankooo1
In my experience, you cant really pack your jays 'to' tight, but if you pack it to much, you wont get as big of hits off of it as if you were to roll it loose. Just keep on rolling and experimenting, and eventually youll get a feel of how tight you wanna roll it.
Posted: Thu May 05, 2005 2:25 pm
by WeedGuru_Flow
how do you roll? I mean, do your roll with or without a roach(cardboard filter)
If you roll with a roach and can't seem to get anything out of it, make sure you didnt leave a gap between the mix and the filter, when you toke the paper around the gap will be sucked inwards,blocking the filter and not letting you inhale anything...
Posted: Thu May 19, 2005 10:29 am
by haZeyjay
When your done rolling before you twist, if you twist, take it by the roach at the bottom and run your fingers on your other hand upwards this should loosen or tighten the pack depending on whether your roll is too loose or too tight. It works for me anyway.