Page 1 of 1

South East Asia Earthquake

Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:27 am
by tweedle
Did any of you here about the earthquake near Indonesia on Monday? I am in Kualar Lumpar, Malaysia at my dads house and I was awake when it happened. The house started to wobble abit. It measured 8.7 on the Ricter(sp?) scale and the tsunami was 9.0 so it wasnt so much diffrent. Luckily it didnt create a big Tsunami like the previous one but still hit some of the local islands

Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:00 am
by Slurpee
heard bout it, thats pretty crazy. Glad your alright. :)

Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:58 am
by WeedGuru_Flow
yeah man, i heard it on the radio, fucked up shit


seems like the asians don't get any slack cut for them (or hower you say it ^^)

Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:02 am
by pirate
yeah no tsunami though....
the good part (if you look really hard there is a good part) is that visiting these places is realy cheap (cos no1 else wants to go there and rates are really low....) so the best time to vacation in South East Asia...

:-/

Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:06 am
by WeedGuru_Flow
Well, actualy we oughta start booking flights there, in order to help the locals


erh, no forget about that


the governement and foreign hotels/companies will take all the tourism/fishing industry/shrimp ponds etc over

bastards

Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:34 am
by tweedle
There was a tsunami but it was nowhere as near as big as the previous one. Yeah its so cheap out in countries around South East Asia, I went to Mcdonalds the other day and it cost me less than a pound for a McDonalds Meal

Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:38 am
by pirate
are you stopping by this way on your way back?

Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:54 am
by Cheeba
Some fucked up shit...

Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:58 am
by tweedle
Purple Monkey wrote:are you stopping by this way on your way back?
No, I leave Kuala Lumpar to Bangkok, From Bangkok I fly to Munich, then from Munich I go to Heathrow. Its some long arse trip an din economy :evil: