Page 1 of 1
Sir William Gates
Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:42 pm
by Sovetskeey
Well everyone's favourite billionaire just became an honorary knight of the United Kingdom. While most of you in the UK are probably puking right now, North America has seen little more than a small news item and a two minute clip on the news.
Full article
He wasn't even born in the UK for God's sake.
Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:26 pm
by Funk Doctor
Who cares, it's just a fucking title.
Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:34 pm
by tweedle
hes not even a Sir, its Bill Gates KBE and no one really cares
Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:56 pm
by phaux
When your knighted dosen't that mean that your willing to protect the queen? I dont think Mr Gates can do too much with those scrawny arms of his... but I suppose his money will be his army for him.
Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:16 am
by 13laze
i thought he couldnt be called 'Sir' because he wasnt british? i dont really know da story but i heard a glimpse in da news

Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:55 pm
by riff
Well I suppose its good is he's down with Britain, what with all that money and all. I read if he was a country he'd be around the 30th richest country in the world. Maybe, not 30th but close to that anyway. I remember he is definetley richer than Sweden.