rant: my school makes me so mad!
Moderator: Moderators
- th3rdeye
- The Duke of Dope

- Posts: 1044
- Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2003 3:44 pm
- Location: above Philly, PA
- Contact:
-
WSkirt
- Casual toker

- Posts: 22
- Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 2:38 am
- Contact:
Geesh you guys. I read the first couple pages of this snivelling before i decided i had to respond.
I got news for all you underage punks, goths and non-conformists.
Public school is for minors---YA AINT GOT NO RIGHTS! Your 'rights' are whatever the board of education and your parents decide they should be - based on your ability to handle responsibility and level of independence. This is why schools can search your locker anytime they want to. They can send the drug-sniffin dog into your school parking lot!
If you got a problem with the dress code, there is a RIGHT way and a wrong way to handle it. You figure out which is which---i shouldnt have to spell that out for you.
Hate to break this to you but social conformity is a necessity. We do not live in an anarchy, where individuals make the rules based upon their own whims and desires. Have some self respect and dignity for christ sakes. Do you really want to get whipped in the head with a chain? Do you want a spike bracelet connecting with your eye? If not you--how bout your friends? Accidents and misunderstandings happen with you pubescent little darlings, and it is for your own protection that rules are made.
The goths are pissed at the preps, the preps look with scorn upon the punks, its a vicious cycle. What are YOU doing to improve it?
With that said...
I think make up is wonderful. Alice Cooper is my hero. Girls wear make up to school, teachers color their hair....so what!
However---if it is causing disruptions in a LEARNING environment, then *shrug* educators are well within their rights to stop it. Immaturity excuses a whole lot of things, but your safety and education is not one of them.
It is a sad day when students feel they must pierce, tatoo and act like a goon to be different. You are in a public school to get an education. NOT for socialization. You are there to puke out the facts and figures that is required by the state and federal government. If your parents (and all taxpayers) are paying for your education, they have every right to expect you will
A: be safe
B: learn
C: not be discriminated based on gender, race, religion (sorry, wiccan is not a religion, although you wish it were)
I am more prone to overlook green hair than a girl whose tits and tummy are exposed. School boys who are ogling her tender young flesh cannot concentrate on their studies. Her lack of self-respect (in dressing that way at school) indicates a tiny little ego that needs male attention. School is NOT the place to get it.
Dress like a hoochie momma on the street corner. I dont care! Dress like a punk at the bowling alley or mall. I dont care! Wear your chains and spikes in the ghetto or at your local wal mart. THAT is your freedom of expression. Freedom of expression is more than just clothing, wierd hair and jewelry. When you learn how to apply this constitutional right in a constructive way, you will probably be a helluva lot happier.
~WhirlingSkirt~
PS---your freedom to swing your arms ends where my nose begins
I got news for all you underage punks, goths and non-conformists.
Public school is for minors---YA AINT GOT NO RIGHTS! Your 'rights' are whatever the board of education and your parents decide they should be - based on your ability to handle responsibility and level of independence. This is why schools can search your locker anytime they want to. They can send the drug-sniffin dog into your school parking lot!
If you got a problem with the dress code, there is a RIGHT way and a wrong way to handle it. You figure out which is which---i shouldnt have to spell that out for you.
Hate to break this to you but social conformity is a necessity. We do not live in an anarchy, where individuals make the rules based upon their own whims and desires. Have some self respect and dignity for christ sakes. Do you really want to get whipped in the head with a chain? Do you want a spike bracelet connecting with your eye? If not you--how bout your friends? Accidents and misunderstandings happen with you pubescent little darlings, and it is for your own protection that rules are made.
The goths are pissed at the preps, the preps look with scorn upon the punks, its a vicious cycle. What are YOU doing to improve it?
With that said...
I think make up is wonderful. Alice Cooper is my hero. Girls wear make up to school, teachers color their hair....so what!
However---if it is causing disruptions in a LEARNING environment, then *shrug* educators are well within their rights to stop it. Immaturity excuses a whole lot of things, but your safety and education is not one of them.
It is a sad day when students feel they must pierce, tatoo and act like a goon to be different. You are in a public school to get an education. NOT for socialization. You are there to puke out the facts and figures that is required by the state and federal government. If your parents (and all taxpayers) are paying for your education, they have every right to expect you will
A: be safe
B: learn
C: not be discriminated based on gender, race, religion (sorry, wiccan is not a religion, although you wish it were)
I am more prone to overlook green hair than a girl whose tits and tummy are exposed. School boys who are ogling her tender young flesh cannot concentrate on their studies. Her lack of self-respect (in dressing that way at school) indicates a tiny little ego that needs male attention. School is NOT the place to get it.
Dress like a hoochie momma on the street corner. I dont care! Dress like a punk at the bowling alley or mall. I dont care! Wear your chains and spikes in the ghetto or at your local wal mart. THAT is your freedom of expression. Freedom of expression is more than just clothing, wierd hair and jewelry. When you learn how to apply this constitutional right in a constructive way, you will probably be a helluva lot happier.
~WhirlingSkirt~
PS---your freedom to swing your arms ends where my nose begins
- th3rdeye
- The Duke of Dope

- Posts: 1044
- Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2003 3:44 pm
- Location: above Philly, PA
- Contact:
I have come to find that public educational systems do far less than educated the children. Infact, 98% of all information learned will be forgotten by graduation. If you are so set on the idea that Schools are for learning, and learning only, than you should suffer the consequences of no social life. Schools understand that they are a social organization bringing people together than they are an organized system of education. Apathy is a reigning force in this country. On top of that, you are NOT limted in you freedom. You can always leave. The best option for any student in this country, who is able to handle it, is to become Homeschooled. You learn what you need to learn, and skip reading usually bullshit and horrible literature (I.E. Great Expectations, etc). Of course homeschooling is a lot moer effective to those kids who a future someone laid out for them, or atleast an idea. Yes, I understand homeschooling isnt for everyone, but if the problems you face ARE large enough to bother you like this, you should atleast look into it.
Now what bothers me the most about your post is your SUPPORT for zero tolerance. It wasn't too long ago that kids could leave campus and go to McDonald's or where they please for Lunch. It wasn't that long ago where people were comfortably enough to not lock their house, and the school didnt have to go into a complete lockdown everyday during the schoolday. Zero tolerance is a PRIME example of the federal ignorance. Simply because a couple children around the country decided that humanity and society left them with no other choice but to exterminate. Now every school thinks every student is a potential Columbine. Wake the fuck up.
We don't need kids receving a detention simply because they have mismatched socks. Public schools used to bathe in freedom. Now the kid who wears black isn't allowed back to school until the parents get them on anti-depressents. I can't think of things getting any closer to fucked up or conspiricy when the schools have more than half the population completely OUT OF IT, because of the obsession with panic in the country. OH DEAR CHRIST HIS SOCKS ARE MISMATCHED! QUICKLY SOMEONE GRAB THE CHILD SOME ZOLOFT BEFORE ITS TOO LATE! :Screams of impending doom:
At a public school, you are NOT in prison. As much as the school itsel emphasizes it is, and as long as they enforce it like it is, it will SEEM like one. My high school sure was. But nothing works quite like a lawbook in the face of the administration. Don't like it? Transfer to another school. Or...homeschool. Or...go to a private school.
Conforming is not what the glory of adolscence is about, and after reading your post I have feeling you had a MISERABLE teenagehood. Of course, you won't admit it. Some people do enjoy conforming, I will agree with that, but the fact remains those kids are always the ignorant, insecure kids, who have the NEED to be "cool." I mean look at how many teenage smokers we have now a days. No, that isnt what being a teen is about. Being a teenage is about rebeling. It's about going out and having fun, and serious fun. I don't mean vandalizing or stupid shit like that. I ean out all night with your friends to get home at 2 and see that pissed/worryed look on your mothers face. It's being kicked out of the mall, or the bowling alley. Being a teen has nothing to do with discipline, it has everything to do with indulgance. Spread your wings, MAKE YOUR MISTAKES, because I'm going to tell you something very important and true, we learn more that we need to know outside of the classroom. Though, I'm sure you didn't get a chance to spread your wings.
Now what bothers me the most about your post is your SUPPORT for zero tolerance. It wasn't too long ago that kids could leave campus and go to McDonald's or where they please for Lunch. It wasn't that long ago where people were comfortably enough to not lock their house, and the school didnt have to go into a complete lockdown everyday during the schoolday. Zero tolerance is a PRIME example of the federal ignorance. Simply because a couple children around the country decided that humanity and society left them with no other choice but to exterminate. Now every school thinks every student is a potential Columbine. Wake the fuck up.
At a public school, you are NOT in prison. As much as the school itsel emphasizes it is, and as long as they enforce it like it is, it will SEEM like one. My high school sure was. But nothing works quite like a lawbook in the face of the administration. Don't like it? Transfer to another school. Or...homeschool. Or...go to a private school.
Conforming is not what the glory of adolscence is about, and after reading your post I have feeling you had a MISERABLE teenagehood. Of course, you won't admit it. Some people do enjoy conforming, I will agree with that, but the fact remains those kids are always the ignorant, insecure kids, who have the NEED to be "cool." I mean look at how many teenage smokers we have now a days. No, that isnt what being a teen is about. Being a teenage is about rebeling. It's about going out and having fun, and serious fun. I don't mean vandalizing or stupid shit like that. I ean out all night with your friends to get home at 2 and see that pissed/worryed look on your mothers face. It's being kicked out of the mall, or the bowling alley. Being a teen has nothing to do with discipline, it has everything to do with indulgance. Spread your wings, MAKE YOUR MISTAKES, because I'm going to tell you something very important and true, we learn more that we need to know outside of the classroom. Though, I'm sure you didn't get a chance to spread your wings.
[img]http://www.radicald.com/forums/uploads/post-27-1070566237.jpg[/img]
-
WSkirt
- Casual toker

- Posts: 22
- Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 2:38 am
- Contact:
Dear Rhythm-
I read your post with a huge smile, because you actually have some very good points. Please do not attempt to turn this into a personal attack about MY teenager hood. Not only is it irrelevant , it was also in a kinder and gentler era. I will tell you, however, that i smoked hash in school bathrooms. I got kicked out of school dances, i spiked the party punch in Foods class. It was great fun. And then i woke up and joined the real world.
I would LOVE to wear jeans every day to work. I would REALLY like to say FUCK in front of the students. Additionally, i think open campuses would be a great idea (if half of the students didnt show up high/drunk & unmotivated after their half hour lunch break.)
I will even go further than your good point about home schooling. If you dont like school...get the hell out! Get your GED. Go to a vocational school and get some training so that you have a marketable skill. If you dont, you are living off MY money, and that aint fair. I dont work my ass off to support those who are too lazy and unmotivated to work at a wage that will support themselves.
School is for learning. Plain and simple. If you think you already know everything in your core curriculum classes, test out! Get the hell out and make room for those who are there for the right reasons. Socialization is fine---do it on your lunch break. Gossip with friends between classes, leer at the preps after school in the park. What you do is widen the gap between the haves and the have nots. While you are whining about there being no good jobs, the economy sucking and how the government ruins all your fun, your motivated classmates will be learning, and applying this education in the workplace to make America a nicer place. For you.
I smoke pot. I am not ashamed of it. However---its illegal! I dont brag about it, i dont go to work high. I dont use school as my 'connection', and i contribute to society in a meaningful way. If you dont like that or respect my contributions, you are on the wrong side of the earth.
~WhirlingSkirt~
>>98% of all information learned will be forgotten by graduation>>
Interesting tidbit of information, and even if it IS true (no reliable link cited) school is regurgitating facts from the self discipline it takes to do so. Even teenagers need self discipline and rules. Do you want an entire generation of dum dums to support? Apathy may be a reigning force for you, but i assure you it does not apply to the whole country. Are you prone to exaggeration? When you grow up, you will care about how your own children are educated. You will want them safe, able to read and with enough knowledge to disseminate information intelligently.
I read your post with a huge smile, because you actually have some very good points. Please do not attempt to turn this into a personal attack about MY teenager hood. Not only is it irrelevant , it was also in a kinder and gentler era. I will tell you, however, that i smoked hash in school bathrooms. I got kicked out of school dances, i spiked the party punch in Foods class. It was great fun. And then i woke up and joined the real world.
I would LOVE to wear jeans every day to work. I would REALLY like to say FUCK in front of the students. Additionally, i think open campuses would be a great idea (if half of the students didnt show up high/drunk & unmotivated after their half hour lunch break.)
I will even go further than your good point about home schooling. If you dont like school...get the hell out! Get your GED. Go to a vocational school and get some training so that you have a marketable skill. If you dont, you are living off MY money, and that aint fair. I dont work my ass off to support those who are too lazy and unmotivated to work at a wage that will support themselves.
School is for learning. Plain and simple. If you think you already know everything in your core curriculum classes, test out! Get the hell out and make room for those who are there for the right reasons. Socialization is fine---do it on your lunch break. Gossip with friends between classes, leer at the preps after school in the park. What you do is widen the gap between the haves and the have nots. While you are whining about there being no good jobs, the economy sucking and how the government ruins all your fun, your motivated classmates will be learning, and applying this education in the workplace to make America a nicer place. For you.
I smoke pot. I am not ashamed of it. However---its illegal! I dont brag about it, i dont go to work high. I dont use school as my 'connection', and i contribute to society in a meaningful way. If you dont like that or respect my contributions, you are on the wrong side of the earth.
~WhirlingSkirt~
>>98% of all information learned will be forgotten by graduation>>
Interesting tidbit of information, and even if it IS true (no reliable link cited) school is regurgitating facts from the self discipline it takes to do so. Even teenagers need self discipline and rules. Do you want an entire generation of dum dums to support? Apathy may be a reigning force for you, but i assure you it does not apply to the whole country. Are you prone to exaggeration? When you grow up, you will care about how your own children are educated. You will want them safe, able to read and with enough knowledge to disseminate information intelligently.
- th3rdeye
- The Duke of Dope

- Posts: 1044
- Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2003 3:44 pm
- Location: above Philly, PA
- Contact:
It would help if that entire paragraph even attempted to correlate with homeschooling. When you are homeschooled, you do not get your GED. You got an offical diploma from the state. And I'm sorry, you will ALWAYS work for those on welfare who refuse to get a job, and those who spend all their money on drugs. The things is that the kids today, are only learning less. Ever notice the correlation that as schools get more strict, the kids learn less, and society goes down the shit hole. Society as turned into a overdosed 13 year old with blood dripping from his nose. The highschool I went to was a party school, with alot of booze and some weed. The word now is that it has turned into apathy whorehouse. Every kid is on medication. Though I'm sure I already mentioned that. It is quite easy to get a marketable skill, even if you aren't in a public school. I left my school and now I'm a programmer working on my CCNA. Of course, there is always McDonald's for anyone lacking the fundamental qualities to survive.I will even go further than your good point about home schooling. If you dont like school...get the hell out! Get your GED. Go to a vocational school and get some training so that you have a marketable skill. If you dont, you are living off MY money, and that aint fair. I dont work my ass off to support those who are too lazy and unmotivated to work at a wage that will support themselves.
Do you know the saying "High School was the best time of my life." I'm sure you have, all the elders and adults today say it (excluding the ones from the 80's). But do you think anyone who graduated from 98 up is willing to say that. Sure, theres a few, but theres not many. Not many at all. High School may FUNDAMENTALLY be about learning, but I transcended fundamentals in preschool.School is for learning. Plain and simple. If you think you already know everything in your core curriculum classes, test out! Get the hell out and make room for those who are there for the right reasons. Socialization is fine---do it on your lunch break. Gossip with friends between classes, leer at the preps after school in the park.
Who said anything about sneering at the preps. Sure the immature kids on this board may be taking about how much they hate preps blah blah. When I was in highschool I was grunge, and I was the only grunge, so I was in all groups and in none. I don't care about the consistent battle of labels. That always has and always WILL be. Just like welfare that YOU and I pay for. Seperating gaps, whatever, there will always be rivalry. Where the 50's down in the dumps, eh? Where those times shity? No even the ghetto had sunshine. You're acting as if this punk-prep thing is a travesty and new.What you do is widen the gap between the haves and the have nots. While you are whining about there being no good jobs, the economy sucking and how the government ruins all your fun, your motivated classmates will be learning, and applying this education in the workplace to make America a nicer place. For you.
Wait, so you are a self proclaimed meaningful piece of society simply because you have a well paying job and you pay your taxes. Yea, we all do. We all have to deal with welfare and the lower class, and the slackers of such. WE...ALL...DO. Keyword: We.I smoke pot. I am not ashamed of it. However---its illegal! I dont brag about it, i dont go to work high. I dont use school as my 'connection', and i contribute to society in a meaningful way. If you dont like that or respect my contributions, you are on the wrong side of the earth.
Reality is what gives self discipline. Look at the 70's and the lovely Hippies. Schools didnt teach them to follow the rules, but most of them became successful and "meaningful pieces of society." Why is it you put SO MUCH emphasis on Public Schools shaping people for society and reality. The education in school isnt what preps them. It's the social interaction. On top of that, some people can slack all they want in high school and may become the most successful people within any culture.Interesting tidbit of information, and even if it IS true (no reliable link cited) school is regurgitating facts from the self discipline it takes to do so. Even teenagers need self discipline and rules. Do you want an entire generation of dum dums to support?
I assure you it does apply to majority of the country. Kids are in school because they have to be. Occasionally they may be a teacher who can spark intrests in kids, and there are the occasional classes kids enjoy. I'm not saying all of high school is a drag, I'm saying the way they are being operated is only destroying America.Apathy may be a reigning force for you, but i assure you it does not apply to the whole country. Are you prone to exaggeration? When you grow up, you will care about how your own children are educated. You will want them safe, able to read and with enough knowledge to disseminate information intelligently.
And IF I were to have kids, and I am refusing, they would be homeschooled, hell maybe even border schooled. I cannot stand children. WHEN I grow up, eh? Do me a favor and remove the condecending tone, it might help your argument. If I were to have kids I would let them explore and create their own mistakes. THAT is how you create leaders, Leaders and the success of the world are not manufactored. You cannot create them in a boxed enviroment SHOVING information down their throat. THAT. DOES. NOT. WORK. Self-actualization is the most educating experience.
I'm sorry you were created on an assembly line, like an animal. The day any authority in America realizes how to educate someone, I mean Christ, just once I'd like to see them realize what education really is, the country will turn up. But zero tolerance is only a dead end.
Well there is one thing that needs to be understand. We're talking and arguing from experience. Sure you can do research and study such fields, as I have done, but you have to experience it as well. We're not discussing Calculus where personal matters have no relevence. We're discussing the operation of the education system in America. There is complete relevance.Please do not attempt to turn this into a personal attack about MY teenager hood. Not only is it irrelevant , it was also in a kinder and gentler era. I will tell you, however, that i smoked hash in school bathrooms. I got kicked out of school dances, i spiked the party punch in Foods class. It was great fun. And then i woke up and joined the real world.
[img]http://www.radicald.com/forums/uploads/post-27-1070566237.jpg[/img]
-
weedguru tom
- ← i ♥ weed →

- Posts: 7448
- Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2003 5:11 pm
- Contact:
-
Cheeba
- The Duke of Dope

- Posts: 1487
- Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:54 pm
- Location: Essex, England UK
- Contact:
-
slurpee mofo
- Bonghead

- Posts: 461
- Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:54 am
- Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
My school isn't too big on the dress code, everyone wears what they want.
But drugs are another story, like once every 2 months we have "lockdowns", where an announcement comes over the PA, the teachers lock the door, and cops come through with drug sniffing dogs. Along with going by all the lockers they come in certain classrooms, the one time I had some bud on me I had to swallow it, about a g.
But drugs are another story, like once every 2 months we have "lockdowns", where an announcement comes over the PA, the teachers lock the door, and cops come through with drug sniffing dogs. Along with going by all the lockers they come in certain classrooms, the one time I had some bud on me I had to swallow it, about a g.
[img]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a67/junglekyle/siggy.jpg[/img]
-
mac dre
- The Duke of Dope

- Posts: 1974
- Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2004 11:39 pm
- Contact:
-
TuRkiSh ToKeR
- Bonghead

- Posts: 238
- Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2005 5:44 am
- Location: California
- Contact:
YOUR SCHOOL SUCKS!!! That sounds like a pretty fuckn bad school man. You should threaten to sue their asses or something. Just to scare them. They cant make people not wear make up or chains i dont think. Im sure thers something in the book of laws thats against teachers doing stuff like that. Get on their case about it, thats realy not cool.
[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/TurkishToker/wgmalcolm.jpg[/img]
-
jonny cockeral
- Ganja God

- Posts: 6131
- Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2002 9:51 pm
- Location: Newcastle, England
- Contact:
-
weedguru tom
- ← i ♥ weed →

- Posts: 7448
- Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2003 5:11 pm
- Contact:
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users