Hipsters

A place to discuss deeper topics

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
SpRi7e
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 5208
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:48 am
Contact:

Re: Hipsters

Post by SpRi7e »

the thing is that what you just described, didn't exactly match your quote "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all"

It's too direct about saying only things that are only in a nice manner... The reason I disagree with it is because of exactly what you said.. there are too many exceptions with people and situations.

Sry to pick out that quote though, I just never liked it lol.. I'm actually completely with you on this one now that I get what you were saying.

There's a time and place for things to be said, but the trick is to know when and where.
Peace Not Greed.
andriaSRH
s†☼nër bi†ch
s†☼nër bi†ch
Posts: 6299
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:43 am
Location: welcome to the midwest
Contact:

Re: Hipsters

Post by andriaSRH »

WeedGuru_Rasta_Grrrl wrote:I dont care if it makes me unpopular, cos I aint here to make friends, but I didnt say dont tell the truth, telling a lie and remaining silent are two different things entirely. I am merely pointing out it is arrogant to think just because you can voice your opinion that you should do, especially without some kind of filter. It is an overblown sense of self-importance to expect that people actually want to hear your opinion 100% of the time. If I said and posted what I thought without regard for others feelings I would be kicked instantly, but because I have respect for other people, a degree of self control and a fairly strict moral code, I would never impose or voice my opinion on someone without them asking for it first especially when I know it will hurt them or if the subject is one that could tread negative/hostile paths. And Andria, in the event where something that might hurt someones feelings has to brought up and there is no way around it, there are always better ways of wording it, that still get the message across, without being a dick about it. So yea, I dont change my there stance really. You can agree or disagree I dont care, I cant be arsed being bated into anymore argueing, as I think I have explained my point enough and things are very unlikely to change here on WG with regards to what gets removed from the boards by mods anyway.

Hm well I wasn't argueing, at all. I thought this was the mass debate section so I was just giving my two cents on the whole "if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything " thing....

I do get what you are saying now. It's not about what you say it's how you say it.

:shock:
weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 6562
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2002 6:07 pm
Location: south
Contact:

Re: Hipsters

Post by weedguru_animal »

I adorned the moderators here with certain powers, in order to help me maintain the general levels of decent of these forums...I would greatly appreciate anyone asked to moderate their output, by ANY of the moderators, to do so. As I will stand by them all, if they deem posts innappropriate. Especially when it comes to even approaching racism. So please people, show some respect for the people who pour their energies in keeping this place lovely, and try not to step over the lines, which should be obvious to all able minded creatures...
WeedGuru_Flow
Red Eye Jedi
Posts: 8722
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:41 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: Hipsters

Post by WeedGuru_Flow »

JokersAce wrote:YAY MOAR CENSORSHIP
Yes, we censor people all the time. :rofl:


Fun fact :


Genetically speaking racism is logical.


Hold your horses, I didn't go nazi!


With the progress we are making in science it is very possible that one day we will be able to determine flaws and perks for certain races.

For example: black people in general are way more developed on the physical level than say Caucasians, look at Top athletes when it comes to long distance running/sprinting/almost any sport, the best performers are usually black.

So I wouldn't be surprised that in the future we are capable of determining that race 'X' is better suited for physical work while race 'Y' developed more on the mental side, intelligence and all that. Not that this applies to every single member of a race, it's just that that race has evolved to be better at this or that.


Racism could in fact be inevitable!





*Not that I am promoting it, i'm just saying, on a genetic level differences become clear.*






I wuv all races :)
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we would all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music.
Weedguru_Fire_Inside
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 3686
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2004 1:03 pm
Location: England
Contact:

Re: Hipsters

Post by Weedguru_Fire_Inside »

JokersAce wrote:SOMETIMES MODS NEED TO STOP ABUSING THEIR POWER
sometimes, certain bigoted pricks need to think about what they type and how it may offend someone else.

I'll have you know that i moderate as fairly as possible. it is not fair to judge a race (or "95% of a race", I'd love to see which part of your ass you dragged that stat from bubbles.) just because of how they look, dress, smell, or whatever.

And whoever said i "called him out" over racism.... I deleted his post and informed him in a civil manner. interpret that as "calling him out" if you wish. but you're wrong.

people have been told countless times about the hazards of racism and stereotyping on the boards. We have seen the consequences in the past and i do not want to see them again.
Death is the only certainty. EVERYTHING else is variable.
weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 6562
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2002 6:07 pm
Location: south
Contact:

Re: Hipsters

Post by weedguru_animal »

I see no need to rebel against a member asked to help keep the feeling of the site benign, when all he has done is try to keep the feeling of the site benign, and decent. I am with Fire on this one. And ask, please, lets just move on with the discussion. As a side note, I am a member of other forums, only one other where i post frequently, and the mods there let the cliquey spastic veterans get away with awful behaviour. They moderate only people outside of the clique, which is blatant and offputting. In comparison to that place, weedguru is a bastion of loveliness, where I see and feel warmth between members far more regularly than the opposite. So I wanted to mention that, and thank you all for continuing to make this place a wicked place to be...
SpRi7e
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 5208
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:48 am
Contact:

Re: Hipsters

Post by SpRi7e »

Image

saw this picture and thought of this topic..

I HAVE to do this now.
Peace Not Greed.
andriaSRH
s†☼nër bi†ch
s†☼nër bi†ch
Posts: 6299
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:43 am
Location: welcome to the midwest
Contact:

Re: Hipsters

Post by andriaSRH »

If you did that to me I would attempt to curb stomp you lol.

I don't have tunnels in atm, so I guess it's all good.

But seriously don't do that. It would be an huge hassle trying to find something to cut if off with.
SpRi7e
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 5208
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:48 am
Contact:

Re: Hipsters

Post by SpRi7e »

If we ever have a WG meeting and I see you.. you're now my first target. :twisted:
Peace Not Greed.
Grrrl
Moderator
Posts: 1220
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2003 12:19 pm
Location: Manchester, uk
Contact:

Re: Hipsters

Post by Grrrl »

SpRi7e wrote:Image

saw this picture and thought of this topic..

I HAVE to do this now.

LOVE IT! :twisted:
Image
Me importa un pimiento...
Bubbles
The Green Bastard
The Green Bastard
Posts: 4357
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:10 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Hipsters

Post by Bubbles »

andriaSRH wrote:If you did that to me I would attempt to curb stomp you lol.

I don't have tunnels in atm, so I guess it's all good.

But seriously don't do that. It would be an huge hassle trying to find something to cut if off with.
it would be a 10 min 'hassle'. dont have bolt cutters? go to home depot, you dont even have to buy it, just use it.
Image
andriaSRH
s†☼nër bi†ch
s†☼nër bi†ch
Posts: 6299
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:43 am
Location: welcome to the midwest
Contact:

Re: Hipsters

Post by andriaSRH »

^ Well yeah. I'm just saying it'd be a hassle to have get it off. Like..it'd be a total waste of like 20 minutes of someones life.
SpRi7e wrote:If we ever have a WG meeting and I see you.. you're now my first target. :twisted:
If you can catch me... :P
Bubbles
The Green Bastard
The Green Bastard
Posts: 4357
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:10 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Hipsters

Post by Bubbles »

andriaSRH wrote:^ Well yeah. I'm just saying it'd be a hassle to have get it off. Like..it'd be a total waste of like 20 minutes of someones life.
SpRi7e wrote:If we ever have a WG meeting and I see you.. you're now my first target. :twisted:
If you can catch me... :P
personally id rather go up to one of them hardcore hipsters and beat them with a chain.

omfg great idea! lets hook up huge chains to one.
Image
andriaSRH
s†☼nër bi†ch
s†☼nër bi†ch
Posts: 6299
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:43 am
Location: welcome to the midwest
Contact:

Re: Hipsters

Post by andriaSRH »

Just letting you guys know that gauging was around way before hipsters. I started when I was about 17.
Bubbles
The Green Bastard
The Green Bastard
Posts: 4357
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:10 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Hipsters

Post by Bubbles »

andriaSRH wrote:Just letting you guys know that gauging was around way before hipsters. I started when I was about 17.
that doesnt stop hipsters from absorbing it as their own, just like we absorbed neanderthals.
Image
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users