Page 6 of 7
Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:42 pm
by cutthecashflow
camerön wrote:so is this like dumb esxcerises?
Explain?
Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:44 pm
by jonny cockeral
cutthecashflow wrote:camerön wrote:so is this like dumb esxcerises?
Explain?
shit, just corrected myself
camerön wrote:so is this like dumb bell excerises?
Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:07 pm
by GAZ
Yes normally I do dumbells but i've borrowed a bar bell off my mate for a few days. On my dumbells im only liftin like 10lb atm cause i was told its better to do lots of ligther weights than only a few heavy ones. Is that right or have I been shitted?
Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:24 pm
by tweedle
Yes and work your way up otherwise your never gonna be able to lift heavier weights
Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:03 am
by cutthecashflow
GAZ wrote:Yes normally I do dumbells but i've borrowed a bar bell off my mate for a few days. On my dumbells im only liftin like 10lb atm cause i was told its better to do lots of ligther weights than only a few heavy ones. Is that right or have I been shitted?
Depends what your shooting for. To add on the "Muscle look" Its better to do light weights with more reps. To actually gain strenthgh its better to do heavier weight with less reps.
Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:17 pm
by jonny cockeral
so where do you find out what to do with dumb bells, anyone got a website address
Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:59 pm
by GAZ
Try
www.bodybuilding.com or something like that. Just google it man. You'll find hundreds of results.
Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:48 pm
by cutthecashflow
Dont use the word dumbells makes ya sound like an unintelligent jock.
Instead call them freeweights.
About every exerscize imaginable can be used with freeweights....
Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:28 am
by Shwoot
cutthecashflow wrote:Depends what your shooting for. To add on the "Muscle look" Its better to do light weights with more reps. To actually gain strenthgh its better to do heavier weight with less reps.
Really? Wow that would of been good to know a while ago.
K I'm going for the ripped abs look. I do these weird crunches, where ya like stick one foot flat against a wall, keep your back straight, and touch your hands underneath your ass. I do 2 reps of 50.
But before I do that, I do squats. 2 reps of 30, lifting 60 pounds (incl. bar) I only do the squats cuz I read on some web site that they release a bunch of natural growth hormone in your body, so I figured it would help my abs.
I do this any night that I don't work or drink, so it's usually about 4 times a week. I'm a vegetarian, so I eat a shitload of peanut butter. Any suggestions as to how I can get better results? I'm aiming for the "muscle" look, as opposed to strength.
Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:45 am
by cutthecashflow
Do supersets, for example do a set of squats, rest one min, then do a set of Bench or opposite muscle group. Do 3 sets of 10-12 reps using the heaviest weight that you can manage for that number of sets.
Add about 4 more supersets into a workout using the same sets/reps/rest between sets
Do your abs last. Abs are core muscles meaning its harder to finish your workout if youve stressed your core to hard before you hit the main exersizes it wont be as beneficial.
Also you want Abs? Try doing sprints on the days that you do not lift.
Start off with 10/100 yard sprints. Rest between sprints from 60-90 seconds.
As you progress and things get easier add more sprints.
As always with abs diet is the most important factor, cut out the sugar, and the bad carbs as well as the fats..
Next time you want a soda grab a water, want a snack? Put down the potatoe chips and grab some fruit.
Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:42 pm
by GAZ
I've only been liftin for a small time now and im already noticin a big difference its great. On average i drink about 4 shakes a day which ='s about 80 grams of protein plus any protein i get off meals. Im hopin that ill keep lifting up and not just get bored and lazy.
Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:40 pm
by cutthecashflow
If you do all that protein you are taking in will turn from muscle to flab.
Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:53 pm
by tweedle
Your meant to take in a gram of protein for every pound, I dont think he weighs 80 pounds
Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:54 pm
by cutthecashflow
tweedle wrote:Your meant to take in a gram of protein for every pound, I dont think he weighs 80 pounds
On average i drink about 4 shakes a day which ='s about 80 grams of protein plus any protein i get off meals
Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:11 pm
by tweedle
oopsy dazey