bot trying to sell stuff to get people happy on a weed forum.Specs.com and Modo alike picture the worries people have and strive to make every single customer happy.
SAVE/HELP WG!!
Moderator: Moderators
-
Mate
- Chess Expert
- Posts: 3434
- Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:58 pm
- Location: Desrever os
- Contact:
Re: SAVE/HELP WG!!
"In Life, everyone starts out as a pawn, Every journey begins with a single move. . It's the decisions we make along the way that shapes our endgame."
-
Ikku
- Sir Toke-a-lot

- Posts: 2687
- Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:12 am
- Contact:
Re: SAVE/HELP WG!!
So the big problem: INACTION.
Why has NOTHING been done yet? Not to ride your nuts animal, but you need to hand the reins over to someone who can get shit done. The spam situation has gotten outrageous. I demand the following steps be taken:
-The subdirectory be renamed (weedguru.com/forums or weedguru.com/board instead of weedguru.com/forum).
-Some of the individual filenames be changed (viewtopic2.php, viewforum2.php, posting2.php), this will also require changing their names in the source code of the forum.
-At this point, why not install entirely new forum software. This software is old as balls. I think it might be the same software I signed up with in 2005. There have been many improvements and updates since then.
-Reduce the size of the forums. Maybe at some point in the past we were active enough to warrant the divisions we have. Not currently. We need everything condensed into a smaller forum. A forum with 100 posts a day in 5 sections looks a helluva lot better than a forum with 100 posts a day in 50 sections.
Danimal, I love you man, for the sake of the forum, hand the reins over to someone else. If I had the time I would volunteer myself, and in fact I do volunteer my own hours to revamp the forum, although I definitely don't have the time to be a full time moderator I think I could help get this place on the right track at least.
Why has NOTHING been done yet? Not to ride your nuts animal, but you need to hand the reins over to someone who can get shit done. The spam situation has gotten outrageous. I demand the following steps be taken:
-The subdirectory be renamed (weedguru.com/forums or weedguru.com/board instead of weedguru.com/forum).
-Some of the individual filenames be changed (viewtopic2.php, viewforum2.php, posting2.php), this will also require changing their names in the source code of the forum.
-At this point, why not install entirely new forum software. This software is old as balls. I think it might be the same software I signed up with in 2005. There have been many improvements and updates since then.
-Reduce the size of the forums. Maybe at some point in the past we were active enough to warrant the divisions we have. Not currently. We need everything condensed into a smaller forum. A forum with 100 posts a day in 5 sections looks a helluva lot better than a forum with 100 posts a day in 50 sections.
Danimal, I love you man, for the sake of the forum, hand the reins over to someone else. If I had the time I would volunteer myself, and in fact I do volunteer my own hours to revamp the forum, although I definitely don't have the time to be a full time moderator I think I could help get this place on the right track at least.
I personally recommend checking oneself for OCD at least once every 5 minutes.
-
Weedguru_Fire_Inside
- Sir Toke-a-lot

- Posts: 3686
- Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2004 1:03 pm
- Location: England
- Contact:
Re: SAVE/HELP WG!!
That is the biggest issue of the moment indeed.Ikku wrote:So the big problem: INACTION.
Dan, please do something about this. I'm getting sick to my nuts of deleting spam.
Death is the only certainty. EVERYTHING else is variable.
-
Ikku
- Sir Toke-a-lot

- Posts: 2687
- Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:12 am
- Contact:
Re: SAVE/HELP WG!!
Today I logged on and there were 2 new posts, but EVERY SINGLE FUCKING SECTION had new posts from bots. It must stop. We will gain no new members in this state. And I often try to message/karma old members to get them to come back, but if they come back and see this crap, it isn't going to work. PLEASE MAKE SOME CHANGES. Let me or JTP or tom or SOMEONE fix this crap.
I personally recommend checking oneself for OCD at least once every 5 minutes.
-
andriaSRH
- s†☼nër bi†ch

- Posts: 6299
- Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:43 am
- Location: welcome to the midwest
- Contact:
Re: SAVE/HELP WG!!
Weedguru_Fire_Inside wrote:That is the biggest issue of the moment indeed.Ikku wrote:So the big problem: INACTION.
Dan, please do something about this. I'm getting sick to my nuts of deleting spam.
Earlier today I logged in, saw all the spam, and logged right back out. It's redonkulously annoying.
Everything Ikku just said was spot on.
Guess I'm gonna have to start harassing animal on facebook.
-
SToNeR ChRiS
- The Duke of Dope

- Posts: 1549
- Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:20 am
- Location: Where gravity no longer exists
- Contact:
Re: SAVE/HELP WG!!
My main concern is whether or not animal has survived his sunburn
. My secondary concern is that I agree with everyone that the spam is getting out of hand. I'm sure it will be handled soon though. Appreciate all the effort the mods have been putting in lately.
Edit: Also I don't think the software is the same as when you signed up Ikku. The forums used to be different.
Edit: Also I don't think the software is the same as when you signed up Ikku. The forums used to be different.
I saw on TV today, this man lost his son, his son died...
So he had him cremated, took his ashes, and then made it into a Diamond ring...
Now he watches his son shine every day.
I just thought about that, while I sit here ashing in this ashtray...
So he had him cremated, took his ashes, and then made it into a Diamond ring...
Now he watches his son shine every day.
I just thought about that, while I sit here ashing in this ashtray...
-
AbbyRoad
- Ganja God

- Posts: 4340
- Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:09 am
- Location: Sarnia
- Contact:
-
weedguru tom
- ← i ♥ weed →

- Posts: 7448
- Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2003 5:11 pm
- Contact:
Re: SAVE/HELP WG!!
bump
-
andriaSRH
- s†☼nër bi†ch

- Posts: 6299
- Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:43 am
- Location: welcome to the midwest
- Contact:
Re: SAVE/HELP WG!!
Spam spam why won't you go?
Dontcha know we hate you so?
Eat shit
Or just disappear
Wishing everytime I logged on I didn't see you posting here!
Dontcha know we hate you so?
Eat shit
Or just disappear
Wishing everytime I logged on I didn't see you posting here!
-
Weedguru_Fire_Inside
- Sir Toke-a-lot

- Posts: 3686
- Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2004 1:03 pm
- Location: England
- Contact:
-
WeedGuru_Flow
- Red Eye Jedi
- Posts: 8722
- Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:41 pm
- Location: Belgium
- Contact:
Re: SAVE/HELP WG!!
and it actually rhymed, congrats! 
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we would all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music.
-
andriaSRH
- s†☼nër bi†ch

- Posts: 6299
- Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:43 am
- Location: welcome to the midwest
- Contact:
Re: SAVE/HELP WG!!
I'm my generations BeatlesWeedguru_Fire_Inside wrote:Deep
-
Gorecore
- Weedguru Grampy

- Posts: 4115
- Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:33 pm
- Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
- Contact:
Re: SAVE/HELP WG!!
The spambots have been one of the reasons why I haven't been around much. I'd log in to check new posts and have to wade through tons of junk before getting to the meat and potatoes (read: actual user posts). It was frustrating! Either things are getting better or the mods are busy deleting shit every day.

-
weedguru_animal
- Ganja God

- Posts: 6562
- Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2002 6:07 pm
- Location: south
- Contact:
Re: SAVE/HELP WG!!
they seem now dead in their tracks...so no excuses, Gore! get posting...
-
Weedguru_Fire_Inside
- Sir Toke-a-lot

- Posts: 3686
- Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2004 1:03 pm
- Location: England
- Contact:
Re: SAVE/HELP WG!!
Yup, a lot of time was certainly spent deleting bullshit topics, but as Dan says, hopefully we shall see no more of them.Gorecore wrote: Either things are getting better or the mods are busy deleting shit every day.
Death is the only certainty. EVERYTHING else is variable.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users
