Page 5 of 14

Re: SpRi7e's Medi-Bud/hash spice

Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:09 am
by Weedguru Higher
You wanting to take clones means that you are intending to grow them indoors if I understand correctly?? Are you equipped to do this??
SpRi7e wrote: I told my dad about how they got chopped down and I'm going to see what he says about me growing clones at the house since they look nothing like regular weed plants
I do not understand this...how can clones not look like regular plants? They all do sooner or later man...

Re: SpRi7e's Medi-Bud/hash spice

Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:06 pm
by SpRi7e
Well by looking like normal plants I mean, 4-6 foot tall beastly plants. I have a spot I can keep them at during the day and just keep them in under some decent CFL's at night time to keep them going.. these are going to be partially outdoor clones though if I can get it right. I know the outdoor environment isn't the best for clones, but if I do this then I would be able to bring them in every day and night that it'll be bad weather. I actually have a setup that I might be able to work with and keep them under some really good fluoro's if I'm allowed to use this space as a grow room..

Everything is all gonna be determined what my dad is going to let me do.. I already got the permission to do outdoor clones, but I'll see what he has to say about letting me have my own cloning grow box setup

Re: SpRi7e's Medi-Bud/hash spice

Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:05 pm
by Weedguru Higher
Rooting the clones outdoors might be a bit tricky....it's possible though

Re: SpRi7e's Medi-Bud/hash spice

Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:27 pm
by SpRi7e
I think once I do it, I'm going to keep them indoors for the first week or so until they start rooting.

Re: SpRi7e's Medi-Bud/hash spice

Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:41 pm
by Weedguru Higher
You might find this helpful if you are new to the world of cloning

http://www.weedguru.com/forum/viewtopic ... 94#p355694

Pics 1,2,9,10 and 11 are mine

Re: SpRi7e's Medi-Bud/hash spice

Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:34 pm
by SpRi7e
well... here's my newer plants.. they're mostly sativa's so I'm not sure how much yield I'll be getting and still hoping they get done in time for harvest

Image
Image
Image

Re: SpRi7e's Medi-Bud/hash spice

Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:43 pm
by Weedguru Higher
Sativas? You sure? They don't really look it to me...

Where'd you get the seeds from?

Re: SpRi7e's Medi-Bud/hash spice

Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:58 pm
by SpRi7e
those are definitely more sativa looking than all the other plants I've grown/seen. It's definitely not 100% sativa, but I'm pretty confident it's over 50% sativa. Didn't get the seeds online, but the seeds came from Kali Mist and the other one is possibly Cheese. I know Kali Mist is mostly a sativa strain, and cheese is more so indica. The beginning fan leaves were thicker..but as these have been growing, the leaves have been getting skinnier and skinnier which is why I'm thinking it's more sativa...

edit: hmmm, looking back at my older pictures it is somewhat on par with them.. not as skinny as I was thinking, but they're definitely getting skinnier with age on them. You maybe be right.. I guess time will tell once they get a little bigger

Re: SpRi7e's Medi-Bud/hash spice

Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:00 pm
by Weedguru Higher
Bagseed? How do you know it's really the strain you think it is??

Edit: I've never seen an actual sativa strain in real life...I'm just going with my gut feeling and to me, those leaves seem indica on first glance. But, maybe not, it's just my preliminary assumption

2nd Edit: Got this online...
I have clones from two females that I'm growing for the second time, so I can relate my experiences to those who are curious about this strain. I got my seeds from Serious Seed Co., which is the bank reputed to sell the authentic article. I read Mel Frank's review of Kali Mist in a sidebar article of High Time's Cannabis Cup a couple of years ago. He gave the description (and provided a matching picture) of a VERY Sativa-dominant strain that sounded quite like Original Haze. However, when I grew the seeds out, I got a hybrid which looked like a NL#5 had been crossed with the plant Mel described. The leaves were wide and the colas long and dense...only the individual floral clusters growing off the sides of the colas looked "kind of" Sativa-influenced. The flavour and scent are spicy and delicious - the high's very pleasant, but not outrageous. The yield is GOOD, as the colas are rock-solid, but the flowering period is an awkward 9 ½ weeks!? ? MrSoul
Image

Re: SpRi7e's Medi-Bud/hash spice

Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:06 pm
by SpRi7e
yeah there's no way for me to know for sure what it is.. thinking back, this wasn't from the person who gets it from the growers that I usually get my bud from so it can definitely be anything. I hate not having the specific plant.. but at least I know the weed that came from these seeds was some of the finest I've smoked so it has some good potential

I hope you're right on the indica part and that it's not real Kali Mist.. I don't have the time to grow a sativa based strain

Re: SpRi7e's Medi-Bud/hash spice

Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:11 pm
by Weedguru Higher
Kali Mist from Serious seeds say 14 weeks flowering.....yikes! Dunno if that is possible in Philly?

Only time will tell I guess

If you didn't get it from yourself or a real close grower friend then there's no frigging way too tell what it really is sadly...everyone puts fancy names to their shit....what it really is , is a whole other thing

If this is bagseed and you are from Philly then it's all the more reason the think this is not Sativa...nobody grows Sativas in that area other than personal growers who have a damn lotta patience. Commercial shit is just gonna be indica dominant normally , IMHO

Edit: Here's a sativa clone that looks sativa...

Image

I'm just saying though....I could very well be wrong

Re: SpRi7e's Medi-Bud/hash spice

Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:25 pm
by SpRi7e
yeah I'm all for you on that... I'm usually the most skeptical about the plant names.. I guess it was just me being kind of hopeful in thinking it's a real good strain. We get sativa's around here though, it's a little less common, but growing them around here is actually pretty decent. We get extremely good weather around here for growing surprisingly. Plants can be planted beginning/mid may and harvest is usually around mid to end of october/sometimes beginning of november before first frost. I'm definitely hoping for an indica type strain though

Re: SpRi7e's Medi-Bud/hash spice

Posted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:04 am
by SpRi7e
Ordering Fox Farms Grow Big and Tiger Bloom right now for the plant.. I don't have the money to buy the trio pack so I'm just getting the two. It should still be definitely good enough though for them to grow to a decent size

edit: just got it in the mail today.. used a 1/2 dose of it on my plants a little earlier. Here's some more pics of them..

Image

Image

They're wilting because I took them a few hours after the sun went down

Re: SpRi7e's Medi-Bud/hash spice

Posted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:38 pm
by SpRi7e
The plants are looking a decent amount bigger. I transplanted them to 5 gallon buckets yesterday and have the setup at my house for them all done. I can't plant them in the ground though do to possibly having to move them on the rare occasion. I started off the fox farms grow big at a 1/2 dose. They took it really well because I think I accidentally added a little more than a 1/2 dose to it to be honest. I started feeding them nutes 5 days before transplant and right now I'm letting them get out of root shock with some regular water feedings along with a root stimulator solution so the transplant shock won't take as long. I even noticed some leaf size differences today (not even a day after transplant) so they seem very healthy. I'll update it with pictures in a few days

Re: SpRi7e's Medi-Bud/hash spice

Posted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:58 pm
by Weedguru Higher
Pictures! Pictures! Pictures!

Glad to hear things are running smoothly....hope you get better luck than last time