
Here's what my piece looked like when I first got it. Shitty quality pic I know, I think it was a phone pic. It's a sweet bong, notice how it looks pretty purple in the pic? When you look at it in direct light with nothing for contrast, it looks 100% perfectly clear (you can kind of tell a few pics down). It only has that purple color when you have just the right light hitting at just the right angle. Very cool.
Anyway, my piece broke right around the joint where the downstem goes in. Took about 3 weeks but I got it back from the glassblower and here it is now, plus a closeup of where the damage was (this time using a proper camera).


You can see the new imperfections where they remolded the glass. It hits good as new pretty much. There were a few things that really suck though. For one, the new joint sticks out way far from the bong and they don't make downstems the right size for it (unless I got a custom made one I guess). So I had to get a new downstem (the old one has glass stuck in it and is probably the same length anyway) and it sits up pretty high in the chamber so I have to fill it up with more water than I would like. Also I got a new ashcatcher bowl, if you look closely you can see the bowls are different before/after. The new one doesn't have the cool purple glass and also just doesn't sit as well as I want.
Also, the bong cost 200 originally, with the diffused downstem and ashcatcher bowl. It was 100 bucks for the repair, which I thought was expensive but it's better than dropping 200 on a new piece. Then the new ashcatcher/bowl was 45 and the new downstem was like 45, so all in all it ended up costing almost 200 dollars and taking 3 weeks to get it back. I could have just paid 200 dollars when I broke it and immediately got a new bong. I should have done that actually, cause i bought a little temporary piece for those 3 weeks and now I don't use it anymore, so the repair overall cost more than a replacement. Dammit.
Oh well, stuck with these decisions now. And when people ask I will just say its a top dollar 400 dollar local handblown glass or something, since that's what I ended up paying for it in total.










A warrior may choose pacifism, all others are condemned to it.