Page 4 of 5

Re: SpRi7e's Tobacco Grow Log

Posted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:09 pm
by Weedguru Higher
How long does the drying/curing process take?

Re: SpRi7e's Tobacco Grow Log

Posted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:13 pm
by SpRi7e
2 months give or take

Re: SpRi7e's Tobacco Grow Log

Posted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:17 pm
by cutthecashflow
So the smokable tobacco comes from the leaves?

How much will they shrink?

Amazing stuff!

Re: SpRi7e's Tobacco Grow Log

Posted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:59 pm
by SpRi7e
they'll shrink about 15-20% of their wet size

Re: SpRi7e's Tobacco Grow Log

Posted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:54 am
by SpRi7e
I had a big problem with tobacco worms getting on these fuckers which is the reason why I had to pick a few plants early. I picked, inspected, and brushed EVERY leaf getting rid of probably 60 of those fuckers. So I go in my shed and see one FIVE fucking inches long destroying a whole leaf. Now normally insects and shit don't bother me, but these things bug me the fuck out. I go and get rid of it which eventually leads me to spotting and killing another THIRTY of them all over the leaves again. The fuckers must have dug their way in the stems and finally got out. As I was getting (what I think of) the end of them, I get my tweezers and the fucker EXPLODED all it's guts on my face...

Re: SpRi7e's Tobacco Grow Log

Posted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:16 am
by AbbyRoad
that is fucking horrible

Re: SpRi7e's Tobacco Grow Log

Posted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:52 am
by SpRi7e
here's what they look like

Image

Re: SpRi7e's Tobacco Grow Log

Posted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:15 am
by Bubbles
I FUCKING HATE THOSE BASTARDS!

bugs in general actually... theyre so damn different and so damn wierd. the other day i was walking up to the back door and almost stepped on this great big hairy orange red and black one with my bare feet...

Re: SpRi7e's Tobacco Grow Log

Posted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:19 am
by Weedguru Higher
5 inches long? That is sooooo disgusting!

Re: SpRi7e's Tobacco Grow Log

Posted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:24 pm
by SpRi7e
these are the ones that started growing back after I chopped the stalk down

Image

Image

here's the 26 that I have going in a different row

Image

Re: SpRi7e's Tobacco Grow Log

Posted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:43 pm
by Blunt Docta
thats a real nice garden.

but around 60 of those?? :shock: omg

Re: SpRi7e's Tobacco Grow Log

Posted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:04 am
by SpRi7e
26 actually

OHHH i getcha lol

Re: SpRi7e's Tobacco Grow Log

Posted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:27 pm
by Blunt Docta
oh ha

ive heard people say theres lots of worms on leaves and stuff but damn lol

Re: SpRi7e's Tobacco Grow Log

Posted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:58 am
by logically
wow this is cool!

I am anxious to see your finsished product

Re: SpRi7e's Tobacco Grow Log

Posted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:26 am
by cutthecashflow
Hows this grow coming Scarf? I would like to try this sometime.