Poll on vegetarianism

A place to discuss deeper topics

Moderator: Moderators

Is a vegitarian diet just as healthy as a omnivorous (meat and veg') diet?

Yes a vegitarian diet is just as healthy
26
53%
No, a vegitarian diet is less healthy
23
47%
 
Total votes: 49

GodHand Kronix
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 3191
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2003 4:36 am
Location: Cape Coma
Contact:

Post by GodHand Kronix »

Weedguru Caro wrote:oh great...lol
before you reply, consider that TV commercials are not commisioned by health-care professionals!!! Much of the info that vegetarianism isn't healthy is propagated by those with financial interest in the animal agriculture industries!

Vegetarians eat more fiber, NO cholesterol in a plant based diet, and NO hormones/antibiotics, and NO danger of e. coli or salmonella, and vegetarians eat more heart-healthy fruits and veggies....the list goes on

A meat eater can eat more healthy than a vegetarian....chips and soda are vegetarian....it's all about a healthy balanced diet with lots of veggies

PS DON'T I LOOK HEALTHY!!!!???? lol
lol yes a vegatarian diet can be just as healthy as a...that other word diet
RIP Andrew James Howard
June 9, 1982
September 16, 2005
I love you man..
User avatar
CHRONIC CHRONIC USER
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 185
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2003 11:42 pm
Location: high as a kite floating in a cloud somewhere in Pembroke Pines FL
Contact:

Post by CHRONIC CHRONIC USER »

i think it could be just as healthy if not healthier but i would die without the taste of big fat juicy stake in my mouth.
IF ITS NOT CHRONIC I DONT WANT IT
Caro
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 6174
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2003 6:22 am
Location: Possibly in the bathtub... God bless wireless internet!
Contact:

Post by Caro »

yes, I'm sure you would die. :roll:
[img]http://a.im.craigslist.org/wb/wN/JlAJzS6s36uxWLoTVAezHhtGuWqk.jpg[/img][img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/Denverbroncofrk/weedgurucopy.jpg[/img]
User avatar
teh
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin
Posts: 669
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2003 4:29 pm
Location: Manchester, UK.
Contact:

Post by teh »

Howard Marks wrote:Not healthy at all. One girl wouldnt eat fish either.
I'm not an expert on this subject whatsoeevr, but are you a vegetarian if you DO eat fish?

I mean, arn't veggies just against teh killing of animals full stop?



Please correct me if I am wrong, which I probably am :P
Caro
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 6174
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2003 6:22 am
Location: Possibly in the bathtub... God bless wireless internet!
Contact:

Post by Caro »

people who eat fish but not other meat should not call themselves vegetarians. It makes everyone else think that we eat fish. Real vegetarians dont eat flesh!!!
[img]http://a.im.craigslist.org/wb/wN/JlAJzS6s36uxWLoTVAezHhtGuWqk.jpg[/img][img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/Denverbroncofrk/weedgurucopy.jpg[/img]
User avatar
teh
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin
Posts: 669
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2003 4:29 pm
Location: Manchester, UK.
Contact:

Post by teh »

Weedguru Caro wrote:people who eat fish but not other meat should not call themselves vegetarians. It makes everyone else think that we eat fish. Real vegetarians dont eat flesh!!!
Exactly what I thought thankyou :)

I had a teacher once who was a veggie, and she said exactly the same thing :P
User avatar
PurpleHazey_420
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 2:54 pm
Location: USA Michigan
Contact:

Post by PurpleHazey_420 »

see i hate the thought of animal abuse and all that and ive tried to become a veggitarein but i cant although i eat meat i try to stay away from it it has to be cuz i was brought up on it. but seriously it is weird because i am so against animal crulty and i eat meat :x i make myself sick!
SmOkE ===~~
XoXo Kitty
User avatar
th3rdeye
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1044
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2003 3:44 pm
Location: above Philly, PA
Contact:

Post by th3rdeye »

Well there are several levels of vegetarianism. Just the true form is Vegan's, like Caro. Though, I cannot live without Salmon or a hearty Steak :twisted:
[img]http://www.radicald.com/forums/uploads/post-27-1070566237.jpg[/img]
weedguru tom
← i ♥ weed →
←  i ♥ weed  →
Posts: 7448
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2003 5:11 pm
Contact:

Post by weedguru tom »

i love eggs
po_thead
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 11:59 pm
Contact:

Post by po_thead »

I get a lot of neutrients from my favourite vege!

MUSHIES!!!!!!
god gives us so much and asks for nothing in return, so sacrifice a politic once in a while!
User avatar
Tlicious
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 2062
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2003 2:12 am
Location: Your Closet
Contact:

Post by Tlicious »

po_thead wrote:I get a lot of neutrients from my favourite vege!

MUSHIES!!!!!!

Mushrooms (fungus) are not a very sufficient source of nutrients :roll:
[img]http://www.mycotopia.net/discus/messages/1/30544.gif[/img] Thè $h®ººm$ dºñ'† lîè :)
User avatar
clashcityrocker
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 2419
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2003 12:14 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

Post by clashcityrocker »

There are different types of vegetarians.

Being a vegetarian means less protiens in your body, usually, because you don't eat meat!

Humans are meant to be meat eaters. People who eat at least 4 servings a day of foods with these; meat, milk, fruits and vegs, and bread, and less than 2 servings of sugary junk food are the healthiest.

I remember everything I learned in Health class :)
[img]http://piglet.techno.org/images/funny.gif[/img]
CCR presents: The Lord of the Rings, portrayed by noobbz
Caro
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 6174
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2003 6:22 am
Location: Possibly in the bathtub... God bless wireless internet!
Contact:

Post by Caro »

...that doesn't make it true, CSR! Think about it. You learned it at school. And what kind of food did they feed you at school. Health food?!?! I think not. The US government does whatever big business tells it to do, and animal agriculture is one of the biggest businesses out there. They tell you that lots of meat and milk are healthy, then they feed you subsidized B-grade meat and put a Pepsi machine in every building. :x
GodHand Kronix
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 3191
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2003 4:36 am
Location: Cape Coma
Contact:

Post by GodHand Kronix »

Weedguru Caro wrote:...that doesn't make it true, CSR! Think about it. You learned it at school. And what kind of food did they feed you at school. Health food?!?! I think not. The US government does whatever big business tells it to do, and animal agriculture is one of the biggest businesses out there. They tell you that lots of meat and milk are healthy, then they feed you subsidized B-grade meat and put a Pepsi machine in every building. :x
Yeah, and think about what they tell you about weed at school :lol:
RIP Andrew James Howard
June 9, 1982
September 16, 2005
I love you man..
User avatar
stu-bott
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 145
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2003 12:23 pm
Location: Australia
Contact:

Post by stu-bott »

Weedguru Caro wrote:I won't feed my kids meat or dairy. I will see a nutritionist and make sure they get all the vitamins and nutrients they need.
cant people get like cancer and shit from those artificially made vitamins. meat is the bomb i went to the hippy shop down the road and got a fruit salad. it was crap and all sour.

i think i understand why lots of stoners are vegetarians. i cant be bothered telling tho.:p
"Kevin Bacon... Whats he shakin?"
Me whilst stoned
"Oi man, just nizzle it,"
My friend said that when we were high. It was one of the funniest things i have ever heard. we were smoking and i was taking ages to take the cone.
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users