Hunting..

A place to discuss deeper topics

Moderator: Moderators

cutthecashflow
Intellecutally Wasted
Intellecutally Wasted
Posts: 7747
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:19 pm
Location: Home of the Sioux!
Contact:

Re: Hunting..

Post by cutthecashflow »

weedguru_animal wrote:
SpRi7e wrote:I was looking at the weapons thread and got to thinking.. how many of you are hunters? ALSO, do you agree with hunting? I've always grown up in the boonies where it's almost a demand for shooting deer/animals around here. It's our way of keeping the overpopulation down on them.

What's your sides? Do you hunt, agree with it, what weapons should/shouldn't be allowed, is it cruel/unjust to the animals?

I've never actually gone hunting myself (my dad isn't legally allowed to own a gun) so I never really had a chance to get a permit for hunting, but I was just wondering where everyone stands (especially in different parts of the world)
I dont agree with Hunting non humans for anyone other than tribes, for whom hunting and Gathering is part of their culture, and part of survival. Hunting Humans??? that would be far more acceptable to me, as long as there was a code of sorts to follow...for example KILL SCUM. But hunting animals which have no defence against human weaponary??? That is for idiots. If a human wants to go hand to hand with a bear or a lion, fair enough...But using a rifle on a deer is like kniving a baby to me...I guess partly why I always suggest that if my character would be that of a non human, it would be a fox, is because I used to watch the red coated posh cunts, with their hoardes of beagles, chasing foxes in the countryside where I grew up, and I always related to the fox more than the humans...so did my cats.
To me an idiot is someone who has never been somewhere and participated in that areas rituals and customs and then calls those people idiots. If I am an idiot for hunting game than your hero HST is also an idiot... an interesting complexity don't you think? Furthermore, while I enjoy shooting the animal it is not like I leave it in the ditch to rot back into the earth. I eat the deer and I enjoy eating the deer, venison is one of the best tasting and best meats for you. Why would I not want to eat both tasty and healthy?

Also, we shoot, skin, butcher, and clean all of our own meat. I know where my meat has been, I know what has been done to it, and I know what I am getting out of it. On top of all of that, I am saving myself hundreds of dollars by killing and cleaning my own food. I have eliminated all necessity for a middle man. I am being efficient, saving my self money, and eating healthier than my peers. Sure sounds like something an idiot would do :roll:

My apologies if anyone lacks the ability to squeeze a trigger in light of these circumstances
Get busy living or get busy dying.
Bubbles
The Green Bastard
The Green Bastard
Posts: 4357
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:10 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Hunting..

Post by Bubbles »

/clap
Image
WeedGuru_Flow
Red Eye Jedi
Posts: 8722
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:41 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: Hunting..

Post by WeedGuru_Flow »

Bubbles wrote:/clap

You got 'the clap' Bubbly? :shock:


:rofl:
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we would all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music.
JokersAce
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1388
Joined: Tue May 29, 2007 5:00 am
Contact:

Re: Hunting..

Post by JokersAce »

Can't you read code? He obviously HAD it. :stoned2:
When the going gets weird, the werid turn pro.
HOW CAN SO MANY YEARS COME TO PASS WITHOUT ANYONE TELLING ME I SPELLED WEIRD WRONG?
weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 6562
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2002 6:07 pm
Location: south
Contact:

Re: Hunting..

Post by weedguru_animal »

SpRi7e wrote:Animal (and everyone against using guns), I'd like to ask you where you would draw the line between using a gun, to using a bow, to using a giant knife, to using your bare hands. Which would draw the line for it to be inhumane when the reasons for killing the animal would be the same? I know that almost every single hunter in my area ALSO has a cross bow (fuck, even I have 2 old style bows and arrows I shoot targets with every now and then) It's just that if they hit a deer with a bow, it's not always an immediate kill shot.. They like having it so it's a quick instant shot so it wouldn't run away for a few miles (and most likely die anyways)

Also for the people who think it's against society NOW in the days of age who never experience hunting first hand.. At least for in my area, deer has been a HUGEEE overpopulation.. They reproduce way faster than what the land can give back to them. Do you know what happens when deer get overpopulated? They run out on highways, roads, everywhere.. I see at least 5 deer every single day, and they kill many people now by crossing a road that they don't see coming. The other (more legitimate) reason is that they don't have enough food to survive when they are in these numbers.. LOTS and LOTS of deer starve to death because of that when the numbers get raised.

It has always been that way around here for us at least.. fuck this town didn't even really get civilization until 60 years ago.. it was nothing but farms. The thing is..throughout time, we have grown up generation to generation to hunt. About 15% of the people who live here are hunters.. it is slowly decreasing in numbers now, but that's just the way it's always been here and lots of the places that hunt.

Just because MOST people advanced to just accept meat to be grown and slaughtered purely for human consumption without having to see the process doesn't mean that OTHER people shouldn't be able to do it the way nature originally intended it. It's just that now we have more high tech weapons than before..

Also, I'm against the people who shoot animals for the fun of it... most people in fact, do NOT do it for the fun sake of killing animals unlike popular belief. Doing that is from possible mental issues that is completely unrelated
So what draws the line between all these things now?

sry about the rant :rastasmoke: , just trying to create a new look for others
decent read, mate...

Yes, I feel a sense of guilt, for eating meat culled in slaughterhouses...but using the fact that i eat meat, to make my argument against the unfair, cruel, culling of animals in the wild, is ridiculous...for personally speaking, if i could onlt eat the meat that i killed, i would be eating far less meat, not complaining. Also...i wonder where you get this idea of 'nature intended'??????

FInally, to finish this response, which I know deserves more thought and focus, but im busy checking out more of Lowkey, yes i definitely would see hunting animals as more fair, if humans did so with their bare hands alone...but also, in such a scenario, i would rather see these hunters, facing off against bears and wolves, not deer, for to anyone with half a brain, a deer is obviously tasty, but also, less of a challenge, so if the challenge is in any way important, then hunters shouls challenge themselves...this makes me recall a film, maybe called Hunted, with benny the bull, carving up, near the start, some city slicker hunters...and me smiling with real glee at the mere suggestion.

Maybe it seems flimsy, for me to feel some pity and guilt, for the animals born to be slaughtered and end up on my stove...i can relate to and understand that, but at the same time, any hunters giving me this line, i say...if you want a challenge, fight bears and wolves, not chickens and deer, with your bare hands, with my idea of what nature intended.
SpRi7e
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 5208
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:48 am
Contact:

Re: Hunting..

Post by SpRi7e »

Well the main reason deer are most targeted is based on their HUGE population. If they don't get killed, they will mass reproduce.. in 5 years they will over triple in numbers if they aren't shot or killed, but instead of a quick and usually painless death they will die from starvation and have to deal with it for all their lives like I said previously. Wolves have almost no meat, and on top of that, are already endangered. Bears used to be hunted for their meat and fur, but they don't reproduce anywhere close to the same rate or in numbers as deer or certain birds so everyone had to stop doing that. We as humans rarely ever hunted with our bear hands also, that's what makes/made our race so special, and the top species on this planet. Before guns were made, humans have always found easier ways to kill animals, bows n arrow, tomahawks, traps (all which are a WAY less humane of killing than a gun)

I feel like we definitely eat more meat than we should though because it's so readily available, if I were to have to hunt for all my meat, I would definitely be consuming less and be more scarce with it, which is definitely not the case now.. I like my cheeseburgers by the 5's, I'm a fatty at heart
Peace Not Greed.
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users