Page 3 of 3

Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:05 pm
by Fanya
Handstand pushups and military presses will get your shoulders good.

Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:19 pm
by Dr. Greenthumb
If you got dumbbells you can also do arnold presses. It's another great workout for overall shoulder development.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/exercis ... bell+Press


Fanya, do you do your military presses behind or in front of your head?

Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:08 pm
by K6Ger1228
scarf wrote:why do you lift weights?(aimed at everyone)

is it to release pent up aggression?
is it enjoyable?
to impress the opposite ... or same... sex??
for competition?


im just curious as to why so many people do weights?
I do it for sports. I am a wrestler and and a football player. It's pretty weird actually, one sport I try to drop weight and the other gain it.

Each sport though I have to work out differently. Wrestling is cut back on food and run and light weights if any. Football eat a lot, run a little but, and lift a lot of weights.


It all depends on what your goals are. I have an 8 pack during wrestling season and thats pretty nice to have.

Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:14 pm
by Fanya
Dr. Greenthumb wrote:If you got dumbbells you can also do arnold presses. It's another great workout for overall shoulder development.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/exercis ... bell+Press


Fanya, do you do your military presses behind or in front of your head?
I use dumbbells and start with them resting on my shoulders, then raise them straight up above my head, and then back down; repeat.

Like this: http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/Del ... Press.html

They call it shoulder press, I call it dumbbell military press. Same movement.

Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:10 am
by CoreyTheCracker
i know im new here but smoking before workouts can be helpful.. this is taken from another fourm but this is what someone said about smoking before working out..
you should absolutly smoke weed before you workout. The major psychoactive ingredient in marijuana, delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol or THC, triggers many reactions in the brain that aid in the development of muscle, and can help make your workout more effective. For instance it can help alleviate if not eliminate muscle soreness and pain, and can also reduce the incidence of muscle spasms. It can also help to increase blood pressure, producing greater vascularity and increasing the effectivness of cardio. These effects can be compounded by using an amphetamine type substance in conjunction with your marijuana to help boost the body's levels of epinephrine (adrenaline). They will also help overcome the fatigued effect smoking marijuana can have. Another solution might be to simply eat it instead of smoking it, however the effect will take longer since it will have to be digested and metabolized first. Phencyclidine (PCP) may also help to signifigantly increase the effectivness of your weight training program, but can have side effects. You shouldn't use it unless you are certain you are man enough to handle the effects.
i cant be sure hes 100% right but he sounds like he knows what hes talking about


this is the fourm if anyone who works out wants to join it: http://www.musculartrainingdevelopment. ... .php[quote][/quote]

Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:25 am
by Food
i lift everyday after school for football. I also do it because then i won't feel bad when i come home and get baked out of my mind. I feel they balance each other out (cardio wise) and i just have more fun doing it

Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:16 am
by FIRE!!!
Dr. Greenthumb wrote:If you got dumbbells you can also do arnold presses. It's another great workout for overall shoulder development.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/exercis ... bell+Press


Fanya, do you do your military presses behind or in front of your head?
I just recently started trying these; feels like I'm working out muscles I didn't even know I had. And for the record, I do military presses both in front of and behind my head, just like I do shoulder shrugs both clockwise and counterclockwise.