Page 3 of 3

Posted: Mon May 19, 2003 1:57 pm
by Weedguru Higher
Well, sounds like normal pains too me....think you'll survive!! And the thing about abs showing is that it's not all in the muscles. Depends how much body fat you have. You can look quit skinny, but still have a few milimters too much fat on your belly, so you can't see the muscle definition as well. THat was my problem in the competion. Had like 2% too much body fat....and I was only at 6% body fat!! That's where I lost my points, that got me only a 3rd place.

Posted: Mon May 19, 2003 2:54 pm
by Weedguru Anex
Yeah, I'll survive but it really isn't normal pains. Its more like when I pinged the muscles the first time (not anywhere near as bad tho) than the muscles just strengthening. They've been too tight all day.

I've been on quite a high fibre diet recently to try and trim off some of the fat so it doesn't turn to muscle. When I was climbing I was down at about 9 stone anyway so it wouldn't hurt to loose a bit of weight.

Isn't 4% body fat just rediculous?! And how do you keep it off? Even at the fittest I've ever been in my life I still had a bit of fat at the bottom of my stomach which I could never shift (that was when I was jumping nearly a foot and a half off the ground, could hang off one finger etc.). How do they measure your fat levels? With those pincer things or is it something more sophistimicated?

Posted: Mon May 19, 2003 5:42 pm
by Weedguru Higher
I don't keep the weight off. Like May 3 rd I weighed in at 152 and today May 16, I am at 165. 4% bodyfat is a little ridiculous. Things are getting a bit acrried away these days. They never used to be that strict.
Have to follow a real srict diet too , so see when I got the munchies I had to chew on heads of lettuce........The belly is usually the hardest damn place to loose fat...
And they do mesure our body fat with those little pincher things (can't remember the name) , something more sophisticated might be out there though I've never seen it.

Posted: Tue May 20, 2003 4:40 pm
by jonny cockeral
i get the pains hes been getting, not often but when i do they hurt like fuck. i got told it was growth pains

Posted: Tue May 20, 2003 6:33 pm
by Weedguru Higher
Pains from exercise or just plain pain? I used to have growing pains too, the bones in my legs hurt most

Posted: Tue May 20, 2003 6:54 pm
by Weedguru Anex
Well I'm pretty much ok today, only doing 30 sits for a few days tho, see what happens.

Oh and I'd be very suprised if I was having growing pains :lol:

Posted: Tue May 20, 2003 7:55 pm
by jonny cockeral
both types of pain i think, i had P.E. on the tuesday and the pains didnt go til the friday, not long i know but it was doing a pain in the arse not being able to sit up without the pain.

Posted: Wed May 21, 2003 3:50 pm
by Weedguru Higher
So, how are the ab pains today Anex?

Posted: Wed May 21, 2003 3:54 pm
by Weedguru Anex
Not too bad, I felt a little bad after the 30 I did yesterday but it passed after 10mins or so. Was a bit achey this morning and found the sits and presses difficult (my second set of presses has got my stomach hurting a little) but no real pain so I'll keep doing 45 presses and 30 sits for another week or so I reckon then up to 45 sits.

Posted: Thu May 22, 2003 12:56 am
by Weedguru Higher
Sounds good!