@ Higher&Higher

Chat about sports you watch or partake in here.

Moderator: Moderators

Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Posts: 14620
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Post by Weedguru Higher »

Well, sounds like normal pains too me....think you'll survive!! And the thing about abs showing is that it's not all in the muscles. Depends how much body fat you have. You can look quit skinny, but still have a few milimters too much fat on your belly, so you can't see the muscle definition as well. THat was my problem in the competion. Had like 2% too much body fat....and I was only at 6% body fat!! That's where I lost my points, that got me only a 3rd place.
Image
Weedguru Anex
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1663
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 10:58 pm
Location: Clinging to the antlers of the midnight sun
Contact:

Post by Weedguru Anex »

Yeah, I'll survive but it really isn't normal pains. Its more like when I pinged the muscles the first time (not anywhere near as bad tho) than the muscles just strengthening. They've been too tight all day.

I've been on quite a high fibre diet recently to try and trim off some of the fat so it doesn't turn to muscle. When I was climbing I was down at about 9 stone anyway so it wouldn't hurt to loose a bit of weight.

Isn't 4% body fat just rediculous?! And how do you keep it off? Even at the fittest I've ever been in my life I still had a bit of fat at the bottom of my stomach which I could never shift (that was when I was jumping nearly a foot and a half off the ground, could hang off one finger etc.). How do they measure your fat levels? With those pincer things or is it something more sophistimicated?
You people voted for Hubert Humphrey and you killed Jesus
Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Posts: 14620
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Post by Weedguru Higher »

I don't keep the weight off. Like May 3 rd I weighed in at 152 and today May 16, I am at 165. 4% bodyfat is a little ridiculous. Things are getting a bit acrried away these days. They never used to be that strict.
Have to follow a real srict diet too , so see when I got the munchies I had to chew on heads of lettuce........The belly is usually the hardest damn place to loose fat...
And they do mesure our body fat with those little pincher things (can't remember the name) , something more sophisticated might be out there though I've never seen it.
Image
jonny cockeral
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 6131
Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2002 9:51 pm
Location: Newcastle, England
Contact:

Post by jonny cockeral »

i get the pains hes been getting, not often but when i do they hurt like fuck. i got told it was growth pains
Cameron.
Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Posts: 14620
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Post by Weedguru Higher »

Pains from exercise or just plain pain? I used to have growing pains too, the bones in my legs hurt most
Image
Weedguru Anex
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1663
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 10:58 pm
Location: Clinging to the antlers of the midnight sun
Contact:

Post by Weedguru Anex »

Well I'm pretty much ok today, only doing 30 sits for a few days tho, see what happens.

Oh and I'd be very suprised if I was having growing pains :lol:
You people voted for Hubert Humphrey and you killed Jesus
jonny cockeral
Ganja God
Ganja God
Posts: 6131
Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2002 9:51 pm
Location: Newcastle, England
Contact:

Post by jonny cockeral »

both types of pain i think, i had P.E. on the tuesday and the pains didnt go til the friday, not long i know but it was doing a pain in the arse not being able to sit up without the pain.
Cameron.
Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Posts: 14620
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Post by Weedguru Higher »

So, how are the ab pains today Anex?
Image
Weedguru Anex
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1663
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 10:58 pm
Location: Clinging to the antlers of the midnight sun
Contact:

Post by Weedguru Anex »

Not too bad, I felt a little bad after the 30 I did yesterday but it passed after 10mins or so. Was a bit achey this morning and found the sits and presses difficult (my second set of presses has got my stomach hurting a little) but no real pain so I'll keep doing 45 presses and 30 sits for another week or so I reckon then up to 45 sits.
You people voted for Hubert Humphrey and you killed Jesus
Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Posts: 14620
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Post by Weedguru Higher »

Sounds good!
Image
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users