Page 3 of 7
Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:46 pm
by GAZ
Hey BGdetroit. You said lots of protein. I know this sounds stupid but milk and cheese is full of protein right? Im not really sure what places round here do protein shakes etc.... so im just gunna have to eat loadsa food wiv protein in i guess. Any tips for good food to eat?
Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:52 pm
by Shwoot
Milk has little protien, cheese has more than milk but not a whole lot. Good sources are eggs, peanut butter, and my veggie alternatives, tofu, soy products, chick peas, umm that's all I can think of at the moment.
Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:53 pm
by tweedle
You can find protein shakes at your local gym, they sell them in tones of places. Or you can order some online
Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:03 pm
by cutthecashflow
GAZ wrote:Hey BGdetroit. You said lots of protein. I know this sounds stupid but milk and cheese is full of protein right? Im not really sure what places round here do protein shakes etc.... so im just gunna have to eat loadsa food wiv protein in i guess. Any tips for good food to eat?
Uggh avoid the cheese and milk man if your going for protein, instead eat tuna, fish, chiken, egg whites, skim milks allright, protein shakes, protein bars.
Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:47 pm
by tweedle
I found this website, it has like a video for everything you would need
http://athletics.ucsd.edu:16080/strengt ... ossary.htm
also found this, it shows you how to make your own protein shake
http://www.eis2win.co.uk/gen/nutrition_ ... 30104.aspx
Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:15 am
by GAZ
Nice one tweedle. Im gunna make some of them protein shakes.
After drinking the shakes is it best to wait an hour or two before workin out or do it straight away or what?
Also, How quickly will I put weight on if I drink these protein shakes? How much should I drink a day?
Im sorry if im annoying people with all these questions but like I said im a complete novice when it comes to this.
Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:38 am
by jonny cockeral
cutthecashflow wrote:GAZ wrote:Hey BGdetroit. You said lots of protein. I know this sounds stupid but milk and cheese is full of protein right? Im not really sure what places round here do protein shakes etc.... so im just gunna have to eat loadsa food wiv protein in i guess. Any tips for good food to eat?
Uggh avoid the cheese and milk man if your going for protein, instead eat tuna, fish, chiken, egg whites, skim milks allright, protein shakes, protein bars.
hmm i already eat loads of those how come i dont put weighton, ive lost half a stone this week whats going on
Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:56 am
by pirate
hey BG, Higher and CTCF..some more questions:
is a banana, milk and raw egg shake everyday enough to put on weight? I used to weigh 72 kg (i dont know how much that is in lbs) and now im down to 62 (because of skipping meals, stress etc)
also,all the gyms in my neighbourhood are really expensive. Is it possible to bulk up with a Bullworker? cos thats the only equipment i have right now. Will freestyle (push ups, pull ups, etc help in building muscle or just for toning?
Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:23 pm
by cutthecashflow
Push ups, but change your style of pushups. So lets say you do twenty regular pushups, then do twenty elevated pushups, then 20 diamond pushups, 20 push ups with your hands wide, clap between pushups.
Pullups work great for your biceps, upper back, your delts, and shoulders.
Then do some abs on the ground.
Actually one of the best things you can buy are one of them little swiss balls they cost about 20 dollars over here and with one of them you can do every exersize you could do at a gym right in your own home.
Cameron: You still do speed or not? That would have a major impact as to why you don't put on any weight.
Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:34 pm
by jonny cockeral
cutthecashflow wrote:Cameron: You still do speed or not? That would have a major impact as to why you don't put on any weight.
nah ive only ever done speed twice over a year ago, did e last about 5months ago, did coke about 2 weeks ago this friday, havent done any other drugs for ages
Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:05 pm
by Shwoot
As for squats, how many should I be doing? I've been doing reps of 30, usually only 2, and it feels pretty good. I've been adding on 5 or 10 pounds every few days and it's working out pretty good. I'm gonna go do some now actually,
Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:26 pm
by Shwoot
...ouch. I gotta work soon, now my legs are sore

But it's worth it.
Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:12 pm
by tweedle
Just wondering, How any grams of protein are in a protein shake?
Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:19 pm
by cutthecashflow
Depends how many you mix in...
Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:21 pm
by tweedle
Would 35 grams of protein be enough in a day for training or would you need more?