Page 2 of 2
Posted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 11:46 am
by riff
I think I know what you mean about his solo stuff. Its similar but just centred around an acoustic, as opposed to electric guitars and those crazy 60s organ sounds. Its also a bit more sophisticated than The Piper, a few of those songs were similar to fairy tales. David Gilmour is also a legend I agree. You'd expect them to be lost without Syd, but most people seem to prefer the later stuff. You've got to admire him (and the rest of the band of course!) just for carrying on making music, let alone become one of the greatest rock bands ever.
Posted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 5:33 pm
by Disraeli Gears
Yeah the crazy 60s organ sounds are cool but his acoustic stuff i reckon is darker, in a way. I recommend getting The Madcap Laughs, his other solo album isnt as good
Posted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 7:21 pm
by riff
I borrowed one with inscets on the front, I think it was called Barrett. It was ok, nothing special but I really like Baby Lemonade. I have Love You, Here I Go and Golden Hair from the Madcap laughs. Here I Go is a wicked track but the other two aren't too good. Maybe I'll get The Madcap Laughs for Christmas if I'm lucky.
Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:38 pm
by GodHand Kronix
With the necessay accomplice, that being LSD of course, Pink Floyd is revolutionary.
Posted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 1:27 am
by riff
GodHand Kronix wrote:With the necessay accomplice, that being LSD of course, Pink Floyd is revolutionary.
Some of their music is genius even when sober. Altohugh most of it you need to be "in the zone" to appreciate it fully, especially Umma Gumma. That album is such a mind fuck

Posted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 10:40 am
by pirate
hmmm...yeahhhhh
comfortably numb!!!!!!!!
especially after 3 joints and 2 beers....
all you need after that is a lap dance
Posted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 3:13 am
by Captain
Listening to Comfortably Numb now ... yea
ok
just a little pinprick
there'll be no more ahhhhh!
but u may feel a little sick.
Can u stand up?
I do beleive its working.GOOD
thatll keep u going through the show
comon its time to go
Also Have a Cigar is maaad trippy