God Bless Pink FLoyd

Hip-hop, house, happy hardcore - what do you listen to?

Moderator: Moderators

riff
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1147
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2003 9:32 pm
Location: England
Contact:

Post by riff »

I think I know what you mean about his solo stuff. Its similar but just centred around an acoustic, as opposed to electric guitars and those crazy 60s organ sounds. Its also a bit more sophisticated than The Piper, a few of those songs were similar to fairy tales. David Gilmour is also a legend I agree. You'd expect them to be lost without Syd, but most people seem to prefer the later stuff. You've got to admire him (and the rest of the band of course!) just for carrying on making music, let alone become one of the greatest rock bands ever.
Look into my eye!
[img]http://compute2.shodor.org/mandy/cnew_archive/1920.gif[/img]
Disraeli Gears
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 178
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2003 8:08 pm
Location: Blackwaterside
Contact:

Post by Disraeli Gears »

Yeah the crazy 60s organ sounds are cool but his acoustic stuff i reckon is darker, in a way. I recommend getting The Madcap Laughs, his other solo album isnt as good
[img]http://www.popmatters.com/music/columns/stephens/images/040908.jpg[/img]
riff
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1147
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2003 9:32 pm
Location: England
Contact:

Post by riff »

I borrowed one with inscets on the front, I think it was called Barrett. It was ok, nothing special but I really like Baby Lemonade. I have Love You, Here I Go and Golden Hair from the Madcap laughs. Here I Go is a wicked track but the other two aren't too good. Maybe I'll get The Madcap Laughs for Christmas if I'm lucky.
Look into my eye!
[img]http://compute2.shodor.org/mandy/cnew_archive/1920.gif[/img]
GodHand Kronix
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 3191
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2003 4:36 am
Location: Cape Coma
Contact:

Post by GodHand Kronix »

With the necessay accomplice, that being LSD of course, Pink Floyd is revolutionary.
riff
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1147
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2003 9:32 pm
Location: England
Contact:

Post by riff »

GodHand Kronix wrote:With the necessay accomplice, that being LSD of course, Pink Floyd is revolutionary.
Some of their music is genius even when sober. Altohugh most of it you need to be "in the zone" to appreciate it fully, especially Umma Gumma. That album is such a mind fuck :shock:
Look into my eye!
[img]http://compute2.shodor.org/mandy/cnew_archive/1920.gif[/img]
pirate
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 2369
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:37 am
Location: here
Contact:

Post by pirate »

hmmm...yeahhhhh

comfortably numb!!!!!!!!

especially after 3 joints and 2 beers....
all you need after that is a lap dance
www.adventuresindaytripping.blogspot.com


[img]http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/6476/logohm6.jpg[/img]
Captain
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 355
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2004 11:32 pm
Location: My room
Contact:

Post by Captain »

Listening to Comfortably Numb now ... yea

ok
just a little pinprick
there'll be no more ahhhhh!
but u may feel a little sick.
Can u stand up?
I do beleive its working.GOOD
thatll keep u going through the show
comon its time to go


Also Have a Cigar is maaad trippy
Buddha
[img]http://hightimes.com/420images/5_76-77_R.jpg[/img]
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users