Olympics, here I come

Chat about sports you watch or partake in here.

Moderator: Moderators

Weedguru Sensei
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 3440
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2003 3:59 pm
Location: Toronto
Contact:

Post by Weedguru Sensei »

clash, can you explain Tae Kwon Do to me?
[img]http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/1430/a45343a17d936183b9159c5zw2.gif[/img]
User avatar
Skwerl_Butt
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1293
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 8:44 pm
Location: You know where California is??..Yeah, well, I live no where near there
Contact:

Post by Skwerl_Butt »

omg, I want to take any form of martial arts as soon as possible! I have this burning desire to kick some ass lol...so far I'm thinking about taking Tae Kwon do, but kung fu is the shit also. This is what I would like for christmas, just to be part of any kind of beneficial martial arts program. As for the stretching part..lol..I'm working on it..I'm not so flexible but I know I can accomplish a full split.
[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid175/p358a9a70c2270c3bf723e8751bbcc292/f378b808.jpg[/img]
User avatar
Azim
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1475
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2003 1:31 am
Contact:

Post by Azim »

I would like to learn Jeet Kune Do so badly, however there are no classes around here for it. so i guess im stuck with zen do kai
[img]http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~chenj/brucelee/images/brucelee.jpg[/img]
R.I.P

*Insert witty remark here*
User avatar
clashcityrocker
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 2419
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2003 12:14 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

Post by clashcityrocker »

Tae Kwon Do is a martial art that mostly is just flashy kicks and punches that leave you wide open for any sort of counter attack pretty much. It's really overrated if you ask me, because even the LEGIT places (4 out of 5 places that teach TKD are what me and my friends call McDojo's) are mediocre, however some traditional Tae kwon Do schools are pretty good I've heard. TKD isn't really my style though, so I don't take it.

And Azim, I too want to take JKD, but it's not really around the area :(
I wanted to learn more about Lee's philosophy, mostly and the actual art itself is impressive.
[img]http://piglet.techno.org/images/funny.gif[/img]
CCR presents: The Lord of the Rings, portrayed by noobbz
User avatar
Doped Up Dan
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 139
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2003 1:36 pm
Contact:

Post by Doped Up Dan »

sry, but i dunt know how to spell numb chuks ne other way =P how are they spelt?
i forgot the name of the martial art which teaches all these weapons

Skewl butt, i feel ur pain, i am very much the opposite of flexible, but thats cossa my back (back muscles wont relax :? ) hey clash, know any like oriental stuff or anything to make myself more flexible, or for that matter, make these two feckin back muscles to relax Arggg, they're pissin me off, cant do very much cossa them
All You Touch and All You See
Is All your Life Will Ever Be
[img]http://www.uselessgraphics.com/burn21.gif[/img]
User avatar
Skwerl_Butt
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1293
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 8:44 pm
Location: You know where California is??..Yeah, well, I live no where near there
Contact:

Post by Skwerl_Butt »

umm, if you want you can get some excercise videos or something; one that would teach you how to stretch properly and how to work on your flexibilty if you're a begginer.
[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid175/p358a9a70c2270c3bf723e8751bbcc292/f378b808.jpg[/img]
weedguru tom
← i ♥ weed →
←  i ♥ weed  →
Posts: 7448
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2003 5:11 pm
Contact:

Post by weedguru tom »

i have a cool ninja sword, full tang ninja, pertty heavy
User avatar
Azim
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope
Posts: 1475
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2003 1:31 am
Contact:

Post by Azim »

Yeah, i love his Philosophy and martial arts syle, I went through 5 bookstores looking for Tao of Jeet Kune Do but all were sold out..... those bastard bookstore places!
[img]http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~chenj/brucelee/images/brucelee.jpg[/img]
R.I.P

*Insert witty remark here*
User avatar
clashcityrocker
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Posts: 2419
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2003 12:14 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

Post by clashcityrocker »

I have a martial arts catalog with that book in it... Along with about 100 other books :b

It's spelt nunchaku, 'nunchucks' are just the westernized yankee version of the word :lol:

As for stretching, just try to stretch whichever muscles and joints for about 30 seconds once a day every day. And those back muscles, theres not really a whole lot of advice I could give you, besides see a doctor or a Tai Chi expert :b
[img]http://piglet.techno.org/images/funny.gif[/img]
CCR presents: The Lord of the Rings, portrayed by noobbz
User avatar
thaielysium
Bonghead
Bonghead
Posts: 123
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2003 8:57 pm
Contact:

My boyfriend competes ...

Post by thaielysium »

My boyfriend is an international competetor for Judo. Did you go to Collegiets in spokane last year ? He has one his state 6 years in a row. You will probably fight him at some point or another. Good luck :wink:

Judo rocks !
Get a taste of religion, lick a witch :P
User avatar
Stoned_in_the_S.C.
Casual toker
Casual toker
Posts: 92
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2003 5:18 am
Location: Rushville
Contact:

Post by Stoned_in_the_S.C. »

They should have an Olympic pot smoking turnament. Like to see who could handle the most weed. :idea:
I get high on life. Weed just helps.
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users