Page 2 of 4
Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 7:03 pm
by TokeSmoke
Weedguru Caro wrote:I remember DARE. I was in 4th grade. They were describing the consequences of acid, and how you hallucinate. I was awe-stricken. Seeing things that aren't there? That sounded rad! Even their warnings that you would walk out a window or into traffic didn't phase me - I knew that one day I would try the stuff.
and so you did?
Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 7:20 pm
by Caro
and do I did...many, many a time.....lol
thanks DARE!
Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 7:25 pm
by TokeSmoke
Weedguru Caro wrote:and do I did...many, many a time.....lol
thanks DARE!
I second that......Thanks DARE!

Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 11:14 pm
by pothead_jaime
my school never got a drug program of any kind... which i find to be stupid... i have heard about those ones where they had a bunch of drugs in a little clear plastic box... and the teach you about them and what you should watch out for... so that way you know what they look like and you know how to avoid them if you dont want to be near them... and it teaches you about rape drugs and stuff... i think that one would be good and that they need to get better drug programs, that...
1. allow you to see them so you know what they look like and stuf
2. explain that it is your choice whether or not you do them
3. explain what actoin the law will take when people are caught while high or have something on them...
4. explain how the drugs are used and what they do
5. the long term effects of the drug when it is abused
6. how to say no to the drugs effectivly
7. how to get help if you abuse drugs
Posted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 12:42 pm
by weedguru tom
too many drugies at my old skewl
Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 1:13 am
by Luke
whats with this how to say no shit? if it is that hard to just uhhhh not do something you dont want to do, you are a faggoty little teenyboppin' pussy.
it is great when they go through such lengths of "ways to say no" which are exactly the opposite of the real way to deal with the situation. imagine, feeling generous, you saying to the person next to you, 'you like me to pass the joint to you.' if they say 'nah' then you just hit it yourself. if theyre a dare kid and they say "ahhh (hyperventilate) i am allergic to drugs... plus my parents would KILL me man!" then you want to laugh and kick their ass.
Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 3:02 am
by Funk Doctor
I tried to say no to drugs, but they wouldn't listen!
Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 3:05 am
by Weedguru Sensei
Lol, nice signature pic Specta.
I'm trying to think what your name was before Specta...
Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 3:07 am
by Funk Doctor
Funk Doctor
But I changed it after getting this:
Error 551: You are too funky for this world.
Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 4:12 am
by Caro
aw, tell the truth! You changed it because you're too lazy to write out three words every time you sign in.
Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 4:36 am
by GodHand Kronix
yeah i had dare in 5th grade. the cop was cool and really nice but said some really inaccurate stuff. we had to write an essay on why not to do drugs it was annyoing. we also had a little question box where every time he would come in he would take it and like during the week when he wasnt there we would drop little slips of paper in it and he would read them anonymously. it was kind of fun and the videos were really funny. btw what the heck is a teenybopper?
Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 2:55 am
by ginger chain
DARE is complete bullshit. i wouldnt have minded it as much if they didn't lie to you about everything. It's all such a load of shit. There tactics of getting kids not to do drugs just backfire. Pigs.
Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 3:26 am
by Midnight_Toker69
We had that shit in like some grade in lil school (most likely grade 5) then in grade 7, we had this dude come put on a 1 man show, it was called "Fred & Norm" and he was talkin bout all these drugs n shit, and how they will screw up your life, and at the end he was talkin bout him and 1 of his friends takin something in grade 8 or 9 before a dance and they were walkin on a bridge and his friend got on the rail of the bridge and he fell off and died and he started crying

I felt baaad. I dunno if it was jus part of the show or it really happened...but the tears look real

I dunno. But fuck that. Like I see y they do teach the kids stuff, it is good to have knowledge on it, but I find it better to find out from other ppls who are your friends, like I learned quite a bit about harder drugs from my ex, cuz he's done ALOT. And he's quit most of em I believe. And my best friends dad, he's done every drug in the book except for herion and coke. So I learned what ones are the more "safer" ones and stuff like that. I'm not gonna be doin no hard drugs while I'm in school, but maybe when I move out on my own, I might do speed, acid, stuff like that. I had a chance to smoke some crystal meth w/ my ex (when we were goin out) back in summer...I wouldn't do it tho

Maybe when I move out...but not now. Cuz I dunno yet how my parents would react to me doin pot, but I know it wouldn't go over good w/ me doin hard drugs.
Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 5:05 pm
by cutthecashflow
Groups like that just wanted to make me try to see what it was like. You know In Holland only 28 percent of 10th graders have tried pot. But in america that Number is 41 percent. Hmm goes to show you something about DARE and all that doesnt it.
Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 5:10 pm
by Tarential
cutthecashflow wrote:Groups like that just wanted to make me try to see what it was like. You know In Holland only 28 percent of 10th graders have tried pot. But in america that Number is 41 percent. Hmm goes to show you something about DARE and all that doesnt it.
!! yeah thats funny