Page 2 of 2

Re: Mod changes/updates...

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:11 pm
by andriaSRH
Does anyone agree with me now that we need one or two new mods? :/

Abby or Kupo or anyone from my time zone? Please? Anyone who logs in more then once a day, who doesn't just randomly show up every blue moon?

I think it's fair to say that if anyone new were to look at the forums they wouldn't stick around.

Ugh...I am so sick of repeating myself.

Re: Mod changes/updates...

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:59 pm
by SToNeR ChRiS
I think we need to just chill out and stop repeating this sheez every day. It's fun to read new and interesting things on the forum but it's a buzz kill to read the same thing over and over about mods and the so called "problems" on here. Yes most of us agree that one or two mods would help, but just give it some time. That's what this thread was for after all. The spam is already in the process of being deleted already anyway... at least on the top half of the forum :D

Re: Mod changes/updates...

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:09 pm
by andriaSRH
I'm sick of wasting my breath (errr wordss? lol) anyways.

Best I can do is bump threads....its way more productive than complaining anyways.

Re: Mod changes/updates...

Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:35 pm
by WeedGuru_Flow
I'll be returning to the fold gradually, haven't moderated anything in the past two weeks, prior to that I opened up WG once a day and deleted where deletion was required, I'll start doing some more in depth pruning in the coming days.


In my eyes the moderators that haven't been active just need to be culled, there is no need in keeping them as moderators because they're not around anyway and until we actually condense our huge ass forum into something more manageable I doubt traffic will increase to a level where we'll need as many mods as we have now.

As I said a month or two ago when I was leaving, I have no issues with giving up my mod title, though I can honestly say I've been the most active and consistent mod on here since I received mod status, and that's not meant to be condescending or an attack on the other mods, it's just what it is, some people have very busy lives and simply can't manage their job as a moderator on here which is completely understandable.

Since I changed jobs I won roughly two to three hours a day just because I'm not getting stuck in traffic anymore so this opens up some extra time for me to focus on the website, which is what i'll be doing in the coming time.


And I can remember us cooking up a PR-campaign for WG but that never saw the light of day, I am all for increasing our 'brand awareness' and will have some money to invest if needed (not this month, next month lol) and will offer my financial support whenever our license needs to be renewed.

I honestly think we should remove the moderators that haven't been active in a long time (Ryan for example, awesome guy, nothing personal but he hasn't been around for months) and replace them with fewer but more active moderators.

There are lots and lots of people on here, active members that I feel will be excellent mods, I don't see the need to maintain a pool of more than three moderators for the traffic we have now though.


So maybe cull the moderators, bring in far less but far more active people that have the time and motivation to actively check the forums (it might seem easy but it takes up more time than you might think) and expand on that if needed in the future.

Re: Mod changes/updates...

Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:04 pm
by cutthecashflow
WeedGuru_Flow wrote: As I said a month or two ago when I was leaving, I have no issues with giving up my mod title, though I can honestly say I've been the most active and consistent mod on here since I received mod status, and that's not meant to be condescending or an attack on the other mods, it's just what it is, some people have very busy lives and simply can't manage their job as a moderator on here which is completely understandable.
That is the truth, Flow does an excellent job when he is around which is usually very consistent. Even if you don't feel like posting Flow, it is and has been greatly appreciated when you take the time to clean up the bot shit that they leave behind. I hope you maintain an active role in dealing with the swine.

Re: Mod changes/updates...

Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:42 pm
by andriaSRH
Lol

Irony