Page 2 of 2
Re: The Couchsurfing thread (info, location, interest)
Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:52 am
by JTP
All this talk about travel has me thinking of scheduling another tour.
Re: The Couchsurfing thread (info, location, interest)
Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:48 pm
by Weedguru_Fire_Inside
Oh god cathy, you got in to dubstep? Shame.....
Glad to hear your trip went well though. Where did you go again? Did you hit Amsterdam?
Re: The Couchsurfing thread (info, location, interest)
Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:01 pm
by SpRi7e
Weedguru_Fire_Inside wrote:Oh god cathy, you got in to dubstep? Shame.....
I'm shunning you for saying that
shhuuuuunnnnnnnnnn
Re: The Couchsurfing thread (info, location, interest)
Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:56 pm
by Weedguru_Fire_Inside
Haha, I just can't tolerate the awful mechanical grinding sounds. The only thing worse to my ear is my dealers voicemail.
Re: The Couchsurfing thread (info, location, interest)
Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:52 am
by SpRi7e
you're talking about DIRTY dubstep.. regular dubstep/trance/tech house plus a good few others are the more chilled beats with sick drops. Plus songs remixed with a dubstep beat tops any remix type genre there is.. just sayin lol. It all depends on what environment too... Like dirty dubstep is ace for big parties/warehouse parties/raves and those types of stuff. Plus girls go crazy when dubstep blasts at a scene like that..

Re: The Couchsurfing thread (info, location, interest)
Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:31 pm
by andriaSRH
Weedguru_Fire_Inside wrote:Haha, I just can't tolerate the awful mechanical grinding sounds. The only thing worse to my ear is my dealers voicemail.
Some dubstep is okay...but lately it's getting out of hand lol. Take it to a bunch of American kids to think something that's been around for ages, is new.
Re: The Couchsurfing thread (info, location, interest)
Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:29 pm
by SpRi7e
it's still getting new to popular culture, but what do you mean out of hand? I think the realllly dirty dubstep is pretty damn annoying with all the bells and whistles and chainsaw sounds just randomly shooting around everywhere, but there are times and places for everything.
Re: The Couchsurfing thread (info, location, interest)
Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:48 am
by JTP
I personally ignore it. If you just listen to the music you like, you probably won't ever even hear that stuff. The only song from a genre I don't like I've heard in the past several years due to someone's abnormally loud sound system at a stoplight was a repetitive and highly irritating number, which seemed to have only one repetitive lyric, melody (for want of a better word) and all the creativity of Carlos Mencia: "BITCHASSNIGGAWITAMOUTHFULLAGOLD"
I was later told this was one of the most popular "new musicians" in the nation today.