Not sure where this goes.. Introduction
Moderator: Moderators
-
Ikku
- Sir Toke-a-lot

- Posts: 2687
- Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:12 am
- Contact:
Re: Not sure where this goes.. Introduction
I agree on the acting high and mighty thing. My brother seems to think he knows me better than I know myself because he understands how the mind works. Whatever. I think it might apply to a lot of college degrees though. I am close to getting my Biology degree and I definitely feel smarter than your average person when it comes to physics, chemistry, and bio/medical knowledge. And once I have the degree to prove it I will probably be just a little smug...
I personally recommend checking oneself for OCD at least once every 5 minutes.
-
andriaSRH
- s†☼nër bi†ch

- Posts: 6299
- Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:43 am
- Location: welcome to the midwest
- Contact:
Re: Not sure where this goes.. Introduction
Your brother is hot 
Yes...I was facebook creeping. Don't judge me.
Yes...I was facebook creeping. Don't judge me.
-
(weedguru)scarf
- Ganja God

- Posts: 5762
- Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:50 pm
- Contact:
Re: Not sure where this goes.. Introduction
Ella_Bella wrote:Scarf, we are a part of several groups of home-schoolers that meet up throughout the week to do various field trips, play dates, crafts, sports, library trips, etc.etc. We see people every day, and not just people her age, but she interacts with everyone from the elderly to infants on a regular basis, so she is the kind of child that feels comfortable talking to anyone. Truthfully it was the opportunities for social interaction that pushed me over the edge on home schooling. Home Schooled kids are almost always more social adept because they do not feel intimidated by adults like children from public school do...Obviously there are exceptions...but any parent who secludes their child is doing them a horrible disservice! These groups even hold graduation ceremonies and dances...(weedguru)scarf wrote:what do you do for social interaction for your daughter?
~Ella
ah i see... i didnt know that those services exist... i suppose i was just stereotyping home schooling as a rural service....
cheers for the reply
woah
-
Ella_Bella
- Casual toker

- Posts: 32
- Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:00 pm
- Location: BFE America
- Contact:
Re: Not sure where this goes.. Introduction
It's cool.. actually it's the one argument everyone brings up... if more people understood how much MORE socialization home schooled children get they would realize that the argument is really in favor of home schooling... I mean I can remember A LOT about my public school education...the parties
, the drugs
, the sex,
but don't ask me what I learned in class,
I wouldn't know... I like it that my daughter doesn't have to grow up so quickly too, children should be allowed to be children as long as they can be... at least that's what I think.
~Ella
~Ella
~Ella
-
sugarstalker
- Herbal Assassin

- Posts: 978
- Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:38 pm
- Location: Norway
- Contact:
Re: Not sure where this goes.. Introduction
that's not really difficult to understand. it's always easier to see stuff about others because you're more objective about it, and you get to see it. while with your own quirks and habits you usually just do it without thinking about it.Ella_Bella wrote: they tend to act all high and mighty, and while they will be more than happy to tell you where your character quirks are most of them have no clue as to what theirs are.
~Ella
as the saying goes:
"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?
-
Ella_Bella
- Casual toker

- Posts: 32
- Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:00 pm
- Location: BFE America
- Contact:
Re: Not sure where this goes.. Introduction
I agree, not difficult to understand.. just difficult to tolerate... especially when they think they're perfect and couldn't imagine what quirks you see in them, and of course even if you point them out they wont be acknowledged at all. But they will be more than happy to tell you yours. I try not to surround myself with frustrating people if at all possible...
~Ella
~Ella
~Ella
-
Gorecore
- Weedguru Grampy

- Posts: 4115
- Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:33 pm
- Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
- Contact:
Re: Not sure where this goes.. Introduction
Hi Ella! My name is Keith, but most people on here call me Gore.
I'm just an average joe who likes to kill families of bears with my teeth and rip apart endangered species with my bare hands.
I drink beer. Lots of beer. I throw guitars through windshields of vehicles that don't stop when I want them to. Pizza is my favorite food. I smelled some flowers once.
Nice meeting you! Stick around. I won't devour you or your family, so long as you provide me with pizza and belly scratches from time to time.
Big bear hugs,
Gore.
I'm just an average joe who likes to kill families of bears with my teeth and rip apart endangered species with my bare hands.
I drink beer. Lots of beer. I throw guitars through windshields of vehicles that don't stop when I want them to. Pizza is my favorite food. I smelled some flowers once.
Nice meeting you! Stick around. I won't devour you or your family, so long as you provide me with pizza and belly scratches from time to time.
Big bear hugs,
Gore.

-
Regarded
- Herbal Assassin

- Posts: 834
- Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:36 pm
- Location: Israel
- Contact:
Re: Not sure where this goes.. Introduction
Welcome! I'm sure you'll have alot of fun here
But excuse me, what is the meaning of the name Ella?
But excuse me, what is the meaning of the name Ella?

-
Ella_Bella
- Casual toker

- Posts: 32
- Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:00 pm
- Location: BFE America
- Contact:
Re: Not sure where this goes.. Introduction
It's a variation on my real name...My friends called me Ella Bella one day, and it stuck...
~Ella
~Ella
~Ella
-
logically
- The Duke of Dope

- Posts: 1564
- Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:41 am
- Location: the woods
- Contact:
Re: Not sure where this goes.. Introduction
bella is beauty in spanish.... but its pronounced like bay-ya lol..
A warrior may choose pacifism, all others are condemned to it.
-
Regarded
- Herbal Assassin

- Posts: 834
- Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:36 pm
- Location: Israel
- Contact:
-
sugarstalker
- Herbal Assassin

- Posts: 978
- Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:38 pm
- Location: Norway
- Contact:
Re: Not sure where this goes.. Introduction
logically wrote:bella is beauty in spanish.... but its pronounced like bay-ya lol..
both of you are right, it's the same in spanish and italian, but it is not pronounced bay-ya. although two L's are usually pronounced as a "J", there are exceptions.Regarded wrote:Bella is beauty in italian as well, isn't it?
-
Ikku
- Sir Toke-a-lot

- Posts: 2687
- Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:12 am
- Contact:
Re: Not sure where this goes.. Introduction
The spanish "ll" is pronounced like a weird combination of y and j. All of my friends who speak Spanish as their first language often mispronounce both y's and j's in English since in Spanish they have a sound that's in between.
Ms. Ella says she is a southern belle. These are the rich, classy girls of the American south. Very well mannered, well groomed, well dressed. There's not too many of them in the younger generation, but I know plenty of mothers that fit the stereotype.
Ms. Ella says she is a southern belle. These are the rich, classy girls of the American south. Very well mannered, well groomed, well dressed. There's not too many of them in the younger generation, but I know plenty of mothers that fit the stereotype.
I personally recommend checking oneself for OCD at least once every 5 minutes.
-
logically
- The Duke of Dope

- Posts: 1564
- Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:41 am
- Location: the woods
- Contact:
Re: Not sure where this goes.. Introduction
yeah lol i wasn't asking, i was saying. maybe in italian its a j sound but in spanish its definitely the weird y/j sounds ikku refered to.sugarstalker wrote:logically wrote:bella is beauty in spanish.... but its pronounced like bay-ya lol..
both of you are right, it's the same in spanish and italian, but it is not pronounced bay-ya. although two L's are usually pronounced as a "J", there are exceptions.
lol i just found this
http://tts.imtranslator.net/GQxs
that's really stiff, but you get the idea.
A warrior may choose pacifism, all others are condemned to it.
-
AbbyRoad
- Ganja God

- Posts: 4340
- Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:09 am
- Location: Sarnia
- Contact:
Re: Not sure where this goes.. Introduction
dear new members, we have an introduction topic started many years ago.
dear mods, maybe we should sticky that topic?
dear mods, maybe we should sticky that topic?

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users