Page 2 of 2

Re: The Holiday Season

Posted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:55 pm
by andriaSRH
I can't afford to get people what they want.

Last year my mom said she would get me a 360 but instead she bought be tshirts that have peace symbols on them..(which she knows I won't wear.) I wouldn't of thought anything of it but she swore up and down she was going to a system for me.
Funny thing though, she got my spoiled little sister a $200 camera. What's even funnier is that that camera is sitting on a shelf now collecting dust.

Fuck the holidays. It's just another time of the year for people to let me down.

Re: The Holiday Season

Posted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:24 pm
by AbbyRoad
i dont think gift giving is about what a person wants per see. its more like i get things that make me think of that person. when i see it there name pops into my head. and i know it should go home with them.

Re: The Holiday Season

Posted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:18 pm
by Weedguru Higher
I try and get things that will be useful to the person. Not something that will collect dust. If you put enough thought into it you can find the perfect gift for everyone based on what you know about them. That's where the thoughtfulness comes into play

Re: The Holiday Season

Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:56 pm
by andriaSRH
Thoughtfullness and brokeness don't really go together in my book.

Re: The Holiday Season

Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:18 pm
by AbbyRoad
i just remembered another thing i hate about the holidays

EXTENDED STORE HOURS

Re: The Holiday Season

Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:52 am
by thomic1
Wow,

I just pulled this thread up to see what ppl had to say about this time of year. Kinda surprised that there'd be negativity involved but I guess Christmas isn't the same to all people yet we all are entitled to voice those views with equal respect. Guess that kinda goes towards a deeper area of humanity called "the spirit".