Page 2 of 7
Re: Halo Reach
Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:51 pm
by WeedGuru_Flow
Logic, get your ass online, andria and the rest, add me, Kyle we should be able to play this one together :p
Re: Halo Reach
Posted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:28 pm
by WeedGuru_Flow
MY CONSOLE JUST RROD'ed :'(
It's gone,my precious Elite is gone.
Gonna take up to three weeks to repair xD goddammit!
Re: Halo Reach
Posted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:06 pm
by Gorecore
Man...I'm sorry to hear that, Nick! What is this, your 5th Xbox that died?
That's just one of the reasons why I've pretty much given up on the 360 and am sticking with the PS3.
Re: Halo Reach
Posted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:28 pm
by SpRi7e
I wasn't gonna get this game.. but I definitely think I'm going to now..
I used to be a BEAST at halo 2 on xbl.. until I modded my xbox, leveled up to 50 everyone either raged/laughed at it.. I got banned/my moms credit card banned from xbox live foreverrrrrr.. good thing I got my own now right? lol

Re: Halo Reach
Posted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:31 pm
by andriaSRH
WeedGuru_Flow wrote:MY CONSOLE JUST RROD'ed :'(
It's gone,my precious Elite is gone.
Gonna take up to three weeks to repair xD goddammit!
That's happened to me like 4 times now . *knock on wood*...hopefully it doesn't happena again.
Sucks man I was gonna add you tonight and merc your ass.

Re: Halo Reach
Posted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:35 am
by Bubbles
in the 3 years ive owned my xbox its red ringed once, and it went away after i turned it off.
Re: Halo Reach
Posted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:08 pm
by WeedGuru_Flow
I've been an xbox owner since the 360 made landfall in Europe, since then I have seen about 15 xbox's come and go, this is my 16th.
And it was the Elite I got for free from MS after my normal white one kept on crashing :'(
Re: Halo Reach
Posted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:03 am
by andriaSRH
^ I found out that if I don't leave the 360 on when not in use, dust regularly and smoke in a different room, it doesn't red ring at all.
Buying 16 just sounds crazy to me. I would have just given up on having one by the 6th or 7th lol.
Re: Halo Reach
Posted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:57 pm
by WeedGuru_Flow
Who said I bought 17 consoles?
I bought one, when it was launched, that one broke, they fixed it, it broke again, they fixed it, broke again, they fixed it.
Got sick of it after a while, demanded a refund, got €400 refunded from MS, bought an Xbox Elite with that, in the meantime they kept sending me labels to get my old xbox fixed, something went wrong, and before I knew it I had two white xboxes (they came back to my address for whatever reason) and the Elite I got for free from MS.
Then a few months later I received another refund for all the troubles, Forza Motorsport II and a Gold membership for a year!
So all I do is call MS when my xbox breaks down, UPS picks it up at my place and delivers the new one too

Re: Halo Reach
Posted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:24 pm
by wgToonces
^Sounds pretty good man. I might need to invest.
Re: Halo Reach
Posted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:16 am
by WeedGuru_Flow
Well if you're looking to buy a console there's a couple of things you need to know.
Now I can't be certain that it's the exact same in the UK but down here Xbox games are way cheaper than PS3 games, xbox games go for about €55 while PS3 games usually go for €65-70, that's one thing.
Another is the simple fact that developing a game for the PS3 is far more difficult than doing so for the 360, which usually results in either games that run better on the Xbox than on the PS3, or look slightly better on the xbox than on the PS3, this however is only a small minority of the games and most of the time the differences are tiny.
The one thing that might give the 360 an edge over the PS3 is that it has a far larger game library than the pS3 has, over 200 titles, loads and loads of exlusives, the only disadvantage is the fact that you need to purchase a Gold membership to play online. You can find those on the internet at very cheap rates, something like 30 euros for a year so it's not too bad.
What i've learned so far, as I have both PS3 and X360 is that the multiplayer aspect is a bit better on the xbox simply because of the whole xbox live system, standardized headsets which come with the console make communicating easy while on the PS3 you have to buy a separate bluetooth headset (and sometimes they're not compatible) and the multiplayer aspect in general is less smooth than on the xbox, but free.
Also I believe x360's start off cheaper than PS3's so that might be another factor.
In the end it is your own choice, I have both consoles and I must say i'm very satisfied of both of them, they perform well and their exclusives are well worth it, Heavy Rain is probably the most beautiful game I've played so far (ps3 exclusive), Drake's Fortune : Uncharted II was simply astonishing both in gameplay and in graphics, but for me personally the 360's library is tailored more to my needs, I bought the PS3 because I wanted to play God of War III and heavy Rain.
Oh, and Demon's Souls is simply the greatest RPG ever and you'll only find it on PS3

Re: Halo Reach
Posted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:44 pm
by andriaSRH
LOGIC! Dude..I tried to get you into a party last night. My bf and I straight up KILLT IT. We won like 5 rounds...and he got a killtacular on Swat. He made me take a picture of it with my phone lol.
WeedGuru_Flow wrote:Who said I bought 17 consoles?
I bought one, when it was launched, that one broke, they fixed it, it broke again, they fixed it, broke again, they fixed it.
Got sick of it after a while, demanded a refund, got €400 refunded from MS, bought an Xbox Elite with that, in the meantime they kept sending me labels to get my old xbox fixed, something went wrong, and before I knew it I had two white xboxes (they came back to my address for whatever reason) and the Elite I got for free from MS.
Then a few months later I received another refund for all the troubles, Forza Motorsport II and a Gold membership for a year!
So all I do is call MS when my xbox breaks down, UPS picks it up at my place and delivers the new one too

I never took you as the handyman/fix it type of a fello .
Whenever mine crapped out I'd just take it to wally world and exchange it for a new one. The last time was the worse because we had to give the harddrive back :[
Re: Halo Reach
Posted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:39 am
by logically
yeah sorry i was playing with a friend at my house.
But we should still all join up together and play as a four person team...
we would own...
we don't always win but we are usually top three on our multi-team matches...
We almost always play multi-team when we are together.
Re: Halo Reach
Posted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:11 pm
by andriaSRH
I'm on everynight around 3am our time.
Re: Halo Reach
Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:53 pm
by WeedGuru_Flow
Alright,the xbox is back !