Save my plants life!!
Moderator: Moderators
-
Weedguru Higher
- Tetrahydrocannabinologist

- Posts: 14620
- Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
- Location: Canada
- Contact:
Re: Save my plants life!!
Ya, I asked him that and he said the roots were white which indicates they are healthy...rooted roots burn an brownish ewey color

-
homegrownaz
- Casual toker

- Posts: 33
- Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:55 pm
- Location: az
- Contact:
Re: Save my plants life!!
Thank you for the links and the thoughts. I'm thinking she needed water then got watered too late so the soil was wet when I seen it. Weird how female plants croak so fast yet the males I really can't kill. Are the female plants more delicate?
-
jcube69
- Bonghead

- Posts: 330
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:42 am
- Location: Roaming The midwestern void....
- Contact:
Re: Save my plants life!!
i cant really think of a species where a female isnt more delicate tbhhomegrownaz wrote:Thank you for the links and the thoughts. I'm thinking she needed water then got watered too late so the soil was wet when I seen it. Weird how female plants croak so fast yet the males I really can't kill. Are the female plants more delicate?
Don't argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

-
Bubbles
- The Green Bastard

- Posts: 4357
- Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:10 am
- Location: Canada
- Contact:
Re: Save my plants life!!
black widow, or any spider really.jcube69 wrote:i cant really think of a species where a female isnt more delicate tbhhomegrownaz wrote:Thank you for the links and the thoughts. I'm thinking she needed water then got watered too late so the soil was wet when I seen it. Weird how female plants croak so fast yet the males I really can't kill. Are the female plants more delicate?

-
flagg
- Bonghead

- Posts: 281
- Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:44 am
- Contact:
Re: Save my plants life!!
Praying mantis is another .. if i come back as one of them i think il stay celibate 
-
Weedguru_RyaNayR
- The Duke of Dope

- Posts: 1664
- Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:11 pm
- Location: The Sky
- Contact:
Re: Save my plants life!!
looks like it does need a bigger pot, and also think maybe the frequent waterings could be a problem. or too light watering, where it doesn't make it all the way into the pot. I usually let them get pretty dry, to where the soil doesn't stick together, then drench it and let it drain. That seems to have been the best method for me,, from my experiences.
-
SpRi7e
- Ganja God

- Posts: 5208
- Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:48 am
- Contact:
Re: Save my plants life!!
yup, that's what always works for me too.. They don't like lots of tiny little watering's (which my dad won't listen to)...at least my plants like it best when they get about a 1/2 day to a full day in between a FULL watering of being bare dry. Then give them a nice little soaking and you can see them heal themselves back up to normal in hours and go in to a little overdrive in growing
Peace Not Greed.
-
Weedguru_RyaNayR
- The Duke of Dope

- Posts: 1664
- Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:11 pm
- Location: The Sky
- Contact:
Re: Save my plants life!!
yeah, when i first started i killed a couple from watering like that, it was too little water, not soaking in, and too frequently. the top had rootrot and the bottoms the roots were all dried out. and I've always heard it's better to let them get too dry, than too wet. cause they're pretty tolerant with not being watered, but root rot can set in very easily if you're not careful. I think a decent sized plant, like a month or two in, it can be bone dry for like 2-3 days and not be permanently damaged, it'll look really sad looking, but as soon as you water it it'll perk back up in no time. (might be less time then that, i'm just guessing). Also with underwatering, the solution is very easy, just add water. Root rot there's not much you can do about it.
-
Weedguru Higher
- Tetrahydrocannabinologist

- Posts: 14620
- Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
- Location: Canada
- Contact:
Re: Save my plants life!!
Yup, that's good information Ryan
I've had plants so wilted they truly looked dead and a few hours after watering popped back to life bigger and better than ever
I've had plants so wilted they truly looked dead and a few hours after watering popped back to life bigger and better than ever

-
POTSMURF
- Bonghead

- Posts: 140
- Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:35 am
- Location: "CALI"
- Contact:
Re: Save my plants life!!
Time to start over my friend because that thing is a lost cause either way you go. If it does somehow pull through and start growing again it will still continue to be stressed and might even become a hermie from all the stress. PEACE TO ALL

-
POTSMURF
- Bonghead

- Posts: 140
- Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:35 am
- Location: "CALI"
- Contact:
Re: Save my plants life!!
3 STEP PROCESS. STEP 1: CUT IT DOWN. STEP 2: THROW IT AWAY. STEP 3: START OVER. PEACE TO ALL

-
MendoMadness
- Why Hello There !
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:38 pm
- Contact:
Re: Save my plants life!!
I would suggest that anytime the plant is reaching for health and especially after transplanting. Water using a VERY small amount of Superthrive.
http://www.bghydro.com/BGH/itemdesc.asp?ic=NEGST04
It works wonders for transplanting and may help get your plant back on track.
http://www.bghydro.com/BGH/itemdesc.asp?ic=NEGST04
It works wonders for transplanting and may help get your plant back on track.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users