2010 Grow
Moderator: Moderators
-
AbbyRoad
- Ganja God

- Posts: 4340
- Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:09 am
- Location: Sarnia
- Contact:
-
HUSTLEAN
- I'm on the banned list
- Posts: 32
- Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:49 am
Re: SpRi7e's Medi-Bud/hash spice
Had to laugh at the description, thats 42 ounces per plant. While its not impossible, my outdoor is fed all organic, and foliar fed with compost tea's in 20-30 gallon holes and im hitting a pound a plant pretty easy with old faithful strains, nowhere near 3 pounds though.Commercially it's also a winner with yields of up to 1200 grams per plant.
Your girls do look healthy, just remember if youre planting outside, big roots = big buds. I think if you dig them some 5 gallon holes you could do some 1/4 to 1/2 pound plants...good luck!
-
SpRi7e
- Ganja God

- Posts: 5208
- Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:48 am
- Contact:
Re: SpRi7e's Medi-Bud/hash spice
yeah the 1200 grams per plant yield just made me laugh too... I see it as being POSSIBLE.. under the VERY finest environmental settings and even then it'd have to be the rare plant that did it. So I just checked them again and they are getting decent sized for their age, and my main dilemma right now though is whether or not I should just strait transplant it in a 5 gallon container in about a month, or take the time to do 2 more different transplants. One more while still in vegetative stage, then again when it's for the flowering stage. I'm trying to do as much as possible to get an amazing yield out of them, but this is the only thing that's got me going back and forth with for how I'll treat the plants. What are all of your opinions on this? (more so for the people who've done outdoor grows already)
edit: also the leaf's development looks the exact same on all 3 plants so I'm leaning more so on the side that these are ALL medi bud plants, but won't be able to find out for sure until they get bigger.. also noting here for myself that I need to buy a ph test kit to see if the soil is perfect
edit: also the leaf's development looks the exact same on all 3 plants so I'm leaning more so on the side that these are ALL medi bud plants, but won't be able to find out for sure until they get bigger.. also noting here for myself that I need to buy a ph test kit to see if the soil is perfect
Peace Not Greed.
-
Weedguru Higher
- Tetrahydrocannabinologist

- Posts: 14620
- Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
- Location: Canada
- Contact:
Re: SpRi7e's Medi-Bud/hash spice
Plop it right into the 5 gallon, the less transplanting you do the better as it stresses the plants and stalls it's growth. If you are using five gallon buckets don't forget to drill sufficent drainage holes on the bottom

-
SpRi7e
- Ganja God

- Posts: 5208
- Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:48 am
- Contact:
Re: SpRi7e's Medi-Bud/hash spice
Ok thanks a lot! I was actually more so leaning towards the double transplant process because I started the seeds at the very beginning of our growing season so I'm not too scrunched for time, but I think I'll just do it strait in to the 5 gallon pots like you said. I don't like the idea of transplanting plants with an already very big root system and pot anyways... too many ways it could go wrong on my behalf.
Peace Not Greed.
-
Weedguru Higher
- Tetrahydrocannabinologist

- Posts: 14620
- Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
- Location: Canada
- Contact:
Re: SpRi7e's Medi-Bud/hash spice
It's even easier transplanting pots with really big root systems actually...that is if they are contained in a pot. They get rootbound which means the pot is too small and the roots can't grow outwards anymore and they just wrap themselves around and around the pot. This holds together the soil and the plant and soil pops right out in one piece.
You can check this out about transplanting...the second pic is one of my really rootbound plants
http://www.weedguru.com/forum/viewtopic ... 88&t=26649
You can check this out about transplanting...the second pic is one of my really rootbound plants
http://www.weedguru.com/forum/viewtopic ... 88&t=26649

-
HUSTLEAN
- I'm on the banned list
- Posts: 32
- Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:49 am
Re: SpRi7e's Medi-Bud/hash spice
why not just plant right in the ground? dig a hole the size of a 5 gallon bucket, fill with good soil and whatever amendments, then you're not limiting their size and you wont have to water as often. once a plant is mature and flowering, it will dry up a 5 gallon bucket real quick in hot weather.
heres my bulletproof soil mix :
1 Part SunshineMix # 4, or Promix BH
1 Part Coco
Perlite
Dolomite Lime
Earthworm Castings
Groundskeepers Friend Organic 8-5-6 Time Release Nutes
top dress once flowering with Seabird or Bat Guano
foliar with wetting agent and compost tea if you really wanna see them EXPLODE. =D
plants love it bro

heres my bulletproof soil mix :
1 Part SunshineMix # 4, or Promix BH
1 Part Coco
Perlite
Dolomite Lime
Earthworm Castings
Groundskeepers Friend Organic 8-5-6 Time Release Nutes
top dress once flowering with Seabird or Bat Guano
foliar with wetting agent and compost tea if you really wanna see them EXPLODE. =D
plants love it bro

-
SpRi7e
- Ganja God

- Posts: 5208
- Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:48 am
- Contact:
Re: SpRi7e's Medi-Bud/hash spice
ahh, it would be nice to have it planted in the ground, but I don't have a place that I can permanently keep it at in the ground for this season. There's too many factors that take out that option for right now that I don't feel like getting too in to. I do think I'll make the foliar feeding you were talking about though
As for higher, I accidentally messed up saying what I meant to say there.. I'll just revise it.
I understand the stuff about the root systems, but I'm not too experienced in transplanting bigger plants with bigger pots so I meant I was worried about risking messing up taking the one I transplant it to, in to the full sized pot. I guess it's something I can easily do, but just being a little cautious with my first full sized plant grow in messing anything up. To be honest I'm not really worried about it anymore though after rationalizing my thoughts because well... practice makes perfect, so I'd have to do it sometime or another, but I think I'm still going with the 5 gallon bucket strait transplant though
The plants don't seem to be getting any sort of nutrient burn though, so I think next week I'm going to add some more of the fertilizer mix in small doses to see how much they can handle
As for higher, I accidentally messed up saying what I meant to say there.. I'll just revise it.
I understand the stuff about the root systems, but I'm not too experienced in transplanting bigger plants with bigger pots so I meant I was worried about risking messing up taking the one I transplant it to, in to the full sized pot. I guess it's something I can easily do, but just being a little cautious with my first full sized plant grow in messing anything up. To be honest I'm not really worried about it anymore though after rationalizing my thoughts because well... practice makes perfect, so I'd have to do it sometime or another, but I think I'm still going with the 5 gallon bucket strait transplant though
The plants don't seem to be getting any sort of nutrient burn though, so I think next week I'm going to add some more of the fertilizer mix in small doses to see how much they can handle
Peace Not Greed.
-
SpRi7e
- Ganja God

- Posts: 5208
- Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:48 am
- Contact:
Re: SpRi7e's Medi-Bud/hash spice
Here's the plant after I came back from my sr. week
It nearly DOUBLED in size in less than a week.. it's looking BEAUTIFUL rightnow

and..

It nearly DOUBLED in size in less than a week.. it's looking BEAUTIFUL rightnow

and..

Peace Not Greed.
-
AbbyRoad
- Ganja God

- Posts: 4340
- Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:09 am
- Location: Sarnia
- Contact:
-
Weedguru Higher
- Tetrahydrocannabinologist

- Posts: 14620
- Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:31 pm
- Location: Canada
- Contact:
Re: SpRi7e's Medi-Bud/hash spice
Looking great!!
You should consider getting it into a larger pot soon though
You need atleast 1 gallon of soil per foot of plant height. The bigger the pot the better...atleast 5 gallon
You should consider getting it into a larger pot soon though
You need atleast 1 gallon of soil per foot of plant height. The bigger the pot the better...atleast 5 gallon

-
Bubbles
- The Green Bastard

- Posts: 4357
- Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:10 am
- Location: Canada
- Contact:
Re: SpRi7e's Medi-Bud/hash spice
that iced tea looks delicious.. and your plants are pretty cool too 

-
SpRi7e
- Ganja God

- Posts: 5208
- Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:48 am
- Contact:
Re: SpRi7e's Medi-Bud/hash spice
yup, and by the looks of the base for the stems on it, it's getting ready to branch out like crazy. Also Higher.. I have a question about maintaining it's height. I'm not sure which technique I should use as I'm trying to make it as bushy as possible without as much height.
edit: Yeah, my other plant that's nearly the same size is in an even SMALLER pot and I've realized I need to transplant it very soon. They're isn't a huge rootball system in them yet so I give it another 5-7 days til I make my next move
yup, it's still right next to me... except now warm
edit: Yeah, my other plant that's nearly the same size is in an even SMALLER pot and I've realized I need to transplant it very soon. They're isn't a huge rootball system in them yet so I give it another 5-7 days til I make my next move
yup, it's still right next to me... except now warm
Peace Not Greed.
-
Bubbles
- The Green Bastard

- Posts: 4357
- Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:10 am
- Location: Canada
- Contact:
Re: SpRi7e's Medi-Bud/hash spice
^ put a chicken wire square thang over top of your plants and it will force it to grow outwards until it finds its way through.

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users
