Page 2 of 8
Re: Hipsters
Posted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:50 am
by (weedguru)scarf
andriaSRH wrote:I don't think you can really compare us all wearing comfortable shoes to a bunch of mindless drones all dressing the same. I mean exactly the same... without an ounce of originality. Yeah we buy brands but we don't buy brands because they are shoved in our faces.
Not to mention all the hipsters I've encountered are rich snobs, who just buy the trends so they can feel like they are better than everyone else.
Andria your points just constantly contradict themselves.
You are willing to label Hipsters but as soon as you are labeled you are outraged. Grow up.
You buy brands because you like them, the same as anyone who buys anything material.
To generalise a "sub-culture" such as "Hipsters" as mindless drones who all dress exactly the same,
is the same as saying anyone who subscribes to a marijuana forum is a unmotivated hippie.
Or anyone who listens to Bob Marley is a wannabe Rastafarian.
this is in no way a defence of the hipster culture- although i have nothing against it.
if someone explains to me who they are harming (other than themselves) through their
dressing and partying i would be willing to listen.
just peace people... just peac.

Re: Hipsters
Posted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:14 am
by andriaSRH
So if someone called you a Nazi-Punk when you clearly are not, would you or would you not be pissed ..or at least a little annoyed?
I honestly don't know what you're getting at.
Re: Hipsters
Posted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:48 am
by (weedguru)scarf
my point is how can you be angry if you get generalised when you generalise others so heavily?
Re: Hipsters
Posted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:28 pm
by andriaSRH
I don't see it as generalising when they call themselves hipsters and embrace the hipster lifestyle proudly.
Re: Hipsters
Posted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:05 am
by pkkupo
^For the most part that does seem to be the case. I do know two hipsters however, who will deny their flagrant hipster status to the end of days....
Re: Hipsters
Posted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:49 am
by (weedguru)scarf
andriaSRH wrote:I don't see it as generalising when they call themselves hipsters and embrace the hipster lifestyle proudly.
once again... a generalisation...
lets just agree to disagree
Re: Hipsters
Posted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:51 am
by andriaSRH
I agree..either way hipsters suck.
Re: Hipsters
Posted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:29 am
by WeedGuru_Flow
labels suck, in general :p
Re: Hipsters
Posted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:35 pm
by JokersAce
I hate straight society and the indoctrination of its youth in support of so called civil ideals of Indo-Aryan caste prejudices relying on barbaric principles and -oh wait, wrong thread.
Anyways,
unless you make your own clothes from scratch

Re: Hipsters
Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:19 pm
by Bubbles
ive only skimmed over the previous posts in this thread so if my post seems a bit out of place you will understand why.
I hate "hipsters" theyre annoying fucks. as much as i enjoy a hot chick in skinny jeans I hate them.
i cannot explain my hatred towards these people.
Re: Hipsters
Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:33 pm
by wgToonces
JokersAce wrote:I hate straight society and the indoctrination of its youth in support of so called civil ideals of Indo-Aryan caste prejudices relying on barbaric principles and -oh wait, wrong thread.
Anyways,
unless you make your own clothes from scratch

Hahaha.
Re: Hipsters
Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:34 am
by logically
weedguru_animal wrote:Well written piece about vapid scum, the cream of the New Dumb crop. WHo should be slaughtered without mercy.
yes, yes, yes, and yes. Animal sir, would that i could be as straightforward, elegant, and unwavering in my expression of my feelings on this subject. However, i cannot. Therefore sir i will wield your words like a sword to pierce into all the ocular orifices who those would read my post.
humbly yours, and which much sincere thanks,
Logically
Re: Hipsters
Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:25 am
by WeedGuru_Flow
^that made no sense at all but was laughable.
I salute you sir!
Re: Hipsters
Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:55 pm
by Weedguru_Fire_Inside
i'm going with ikku on this one. i'd state some points of my own but he already said pretty much everything i'd say.
to say these people are mindless drones is so stereotypical. unless you actually know every single one of them, don't group them all together.
Re: Hipsters
Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:11 am
by logically
logically wrote:
yes, yes, yes, and yes. Animal sir, would that i could be as straightforward, elegant, and unwavering in my expression of my feelings on this subject. However, i cannot. Therefore sir i will wield your words like a sword to pierce into all the ocular orifices who those would read my post.
humbly yours, and which much sincere thanks,
Logically
HA HA HA HA i was soooo stoned when i wrote that.... i almost forgot about it! lol....
it's supposed to say the ocular orifices of those who would read my post lol!
As far as hipsters go.... i don't really care. I don't if they are all slaughtered or not... i just really don't give a damn about any of it all. none of it.