Page 2 of 2

Re: Corporation running for Congress

Posted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:46 am
by weedguru_animal
cutthecashflow wrote:
WeedGuru_Flow wrote:Oh yeah, there is absolutely nothing wrong with American politics.




It's all going down the shitter.
Jesus Flow, there are 535 seats in the United States congress. 1 out of 535 (.1%) is running as a corporation and they haven't even won a seat yet. I wish you wouldn't jump to erroneous conclusions without first having looked up some numbers or some sort of facts. This pure speculation business is going a little over the handle.

http://thinkprogress.org/2010/01/28/cor ... -election/

This website clearly states "The progressive PR firm Murray Hill Inc. has announced that it plans to satirically run for Congress in the Republican primary in Maryland’s 8th congressional district to protest the Supreme Court’s disastrous decision". Read some of the comments at the bottom of this website, I actually think some of the Republicans believe this is backfiring on them. Which would be funny if it did, but again I'm not a political science major, but this doesn't seem to be something that will tear our society down limb from limb.
For a man whose intelligence I both value and enjoy, its very strange to see you using such statistics as '1 out of 535' is running as a corporation...when to any able minded creature, the government of america is by far the most definitely CORPORATE of any I have had the misfortune of studying. erronous conclusions????? It does not take even a fully able minded homosapien to deduce that the american government, for a very long time now, has served commercial interests, NOT served the people who elect them. By all means, show me statistics, and in return I will show you facts, and feeling. Which is not an attack on the US, its a denunciation of the US government.

Re: Corporation running for Congress

Posted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:58 pm
by JokersAce
Lol I'm gonna have to mention this to my U.S. history teacher, who told my class that the reversal of the Pendleton Act would be interesting...

Re: Corporation running for Congress

Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:46 pm
by WeedGuru_Flow
And, what did your U.S. History teacher answer?

Re: Corporation running for Congress

Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:05 am
by wgToonces
A corporation running for congress? Isn't all congress made up of corporations indirectly?

I salute them for giving us their bullshit upfront. Instead of bullshit behind bullshit.

Re: Corporation running for Congress

Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:03 am
by cutthecashflow
weedguru_animal wrote:
cutthecashflow wrote:
WeedGuru_Flow wrote:Oh yeah, there is absolutely nothing wrong with American politics.




It's all going down the shitter.
Jesus Flow, there are 535 seats in the United States congress. 1 out of 535 (.1%) is running as a corporation and they haven't even won a seat yet. I wish you wouldn't jump to erroneous conclusions without first having looked up some numbers or some sort of facts. This pure speculation business is going a little over the handle.

http://thinkprogress.org/2010/01/28/cor ... -election/

This website clearly states "The progressive PR firm Murray Hill Inc. has announced that it plans to satirically run for Congress in the Republican primary in Maryland’s 8th congressional district to protest the Supreme Court’s disastrous decision". Read some of the comments at the bottom of this website, I actually think some of the Republicans believe this is backfiring on them. Which would be funny if it did, but again I'm not a political science major, but this doesn't seem to be something that will tear our society down limb from limb.
For a man whose intelligence I both value and enjoy, its very strange to see you using such statistics as '1 out of 535' is running as a corporation...when to any able minded creature, the government of america is by far the most definitely CORPORATE of any I have had the misfortune of studying. erronous conclusions????? It does not take even a fully able minded homosapien to deduce that the american government, for a very long time now, has served commercial interests, NOT served the people who elect them. By all means, show me statistics, and in return I will show you facts, and feeling. Which is not an attack on the US, its a denunciation of the US government.
Yes, America is by far the most "corporate" political system in the world used in loose terms I suppose. I was merely mentioning that an actual corporation is running for congress compared to that of an actual individual. I guess in that circumstance they could just eliminate the entire illegal lobbying practice in general and just let the fat hogs have what ever they want by saving themselves an extra dime. I don't support or advocate for the political system I am engaged in, I just by chance happen to live in this country and I must roll with the punches so to speak.