Page 2 of 3

Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 3:30 am
by Bunny420
Grotmar wrote:Hey I wanted to know wether LSD is harmful to your body? what it does to you (not the effects) and how dangerous is it compared to, lets say weed.
puts holes in your brain i think, other than that not toxic to your body at all :wink:

Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 3:53 am
by Ice006
It doesn't do shit to you. Just puts some 'electrical noise' through your serotonin system, which makes for a great time. Where on earth did you get the idea that it puts holes in your brain, Bunny420? Spend at least 30 seconds researching something before you say it. Nobody speaks bad about my LSD like that :P

Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 4:27 am
by Jay212
he/she is probably thinking about E. Whether ir not thts tru i duon

Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 5:05 am
by Ice006
I've seen images on the internet of scans regarding serotonin activity and long-term ecstasy usage. The 'holes' are just darker readings through whichever tests the doctors used. Meaning less serotonin activity in those 'holes'. The people are still alive and well, maybe getting a little more depressed and having worse sleeping patterns than some people, maybe not. It's not actual holes in the brain at all. Think of it more like a thermal imaging of a solid wall. Just because a spot looks darker blue and the rest is bright red, it doesn't mean there's a hole in the wall.

Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 5:25 am
by Ikku
The whole "ecstasy puts holes in your brain" is bullshit. The worst it does to your brain is fuck with your serotonin levels, and that's only temporary.

Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 10:51 am
by Jay212
I never really believed it.. I'm sure if I was walking around with holes in my brain I'd be just a little bit more stupid than I am. I mean, I'm pretty stupid.. but come on..

Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 10:55 am
by smokin_scott
i take E n i'm fine, ok i was tring to quit, but i quit on that (its easier to quit on quiting, than to quit doing drugs, if you know what i mean) lol

Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 4:24 pm
by Jay212
There should be some little packets that salt and sugar usually come in, but they should say "Mcaine" haha.

Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 6:31 pm
by smokin_scott
lol i like it haha

Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 7:25 pm
by MatteN
hahahzhahahaha

Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 12:59 am
by stonedrippedtwisted
Ice006 wrote:It doesn't do shit to you. Just puts some 'electrical noise' through your serotonin system, which makes for a great time. Where on earth did you get the idea that it puts holes in your brain, Bunny420? Spend at least 30 seconds researching something before you say it. Nobody speaks bad about my LSD like that :P
it can make you have flashbacks in like 30 years, and you can have a bad trip when your on it and kill yourself (if you belive for example a side of a building is a sidewalk.
and E's soak up your spinal fluid too and can mess you up longterm.
they are class A drugs for a reason.

Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 1:08 am
by Jay212
Yup, and if you're having flashbacks, clearly something in your brain is fucked up.

Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 5:59 am
by Ice006
The closest thing I've ever had to a flashback is visual trails from things like car taillights when I'm sitting at a set of lights watching the traffic go past. I don't know exactly what else I'd flashback to. Maybe a mindset flashback where I immediately find myself in a good partying mood? I've never really had a hallucination where I believed something that was real wasn't, or vice versa. There's so much fear and propaganda when it comes to drugs, and the sad part is the ones who are most outspoken on topics are usually the ones who have no idea what they're talking about.

I believe any kind of flashback is just a memory, which because it's so intense, can bring the mood you felt in the original moment back along with it. You can think about a recent break-up in detail and you'll feel the pain seep back into your emotions along with the re-enactment in your mind of the scene. By all rights, I guess you could consider that 'mood swing' due to a past experience a flashback too.

Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 9:35 am
by smokin_scott
stonedrippedtwisted wrote: it can make you have flashbacks in like 30 years, and you can have a bad trip when your on it and kill yourself (if you belive for example a side of a building is a sidewalk.
and E's soak up your spinal fluid too and can mess you up longterm.
they are class A drugs for a reason.
True they are class A but a little while ago some scienctists did an experiment of the top 20 most harmful drugs and alcohol and fags rated higher (worse) than XTC!
XTC is only dangerous if you dont drink enough/too much water, keep dropping if you dont come up an OD. Or if its impure, which is rare (normally it does have a bit of slicken in it (rat poison) which makes your teeth chatter but it will not harm you.)

I hope my facts are right :lol:

Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 12:24 pm
by Ice006
Yea, that rat poison shit ain't so bad as everyone would have you think (well, certain kinds anyway :P). The same chemical is used to help some people with high blood pressure. It simply thins the blood. It makes a pill popper feel light-headed and get more of a rush because the blood's moving more quickly through them, and it kills rats by making their blood leak out of their arteries.