Page 2 of 3

Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:06 pm
by SpRi7e
i've only been to the lowest part of the second platform but it's kind like weed, if you want to go the the 3rd plateau than you'll be really fucked up. I've heard of people having a really fucking nice time and some people just getting sick and puking everywhere. It'll make everything seem a little bit more vivid but gives you the drunk feelin.g

Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:33 am
by nixon
President Beavis wrote:So I guess I'd be aiming for about 500mg then according to that. Maybe this weekend I'll pick something up, haven't decided yet. I've been wanting to try for a bit of psychedellia for months, Iunno.

Anyone had any profound experiences? Or is it just fucked up. Erowid isn't helping much so far (just started reading).
I've had my share of profound experiences on the third plateau, one trip that I will remember for the rest of my life was a spiritual one. My friend and I both held our arms out and they started rising without trying to raise them whatsoever, I could even rest them on the air and lean into it and shit, it was incredible. Our arms both slowly rose at EXACTLY the same rate until both our hands were touching above our heads, I leaned back and the light around me turned really bright and contrasting (hard to explain) and I felt the power of god brush against me, it was like I was being nourished from the greatest power in the universe, I could feel every single lifeform in the world surge through my body, from my right arm - through my entire body - to my left arm, it was just incredible.

Also another thing you should try is if you (or a friend that's keen to get on the DXM) has a sub in their car/house, lay on your back in the dark and listen to whatever music you love (for me it's tool and dark DnB), it will take you on an intense journey via CEV's (Closed Eye Visuals). Each song takes you on a totally unique journey, I can't explain exactly what it's like but it's a MUST.

Make sure you're around a good friend who you feel really comfortable around and the atmosphere is just right and you're on your way to an epic trip. Some information sources say 1 in 3 people actually enjoy the DXM trip, other people either hate it or just wouldn't rush to do it again. Myself, I fucking love it. After awhile you learn to control your trips and your hallucinations will become a lot better (so don't worry if you don't have them on your first trip).

I could sit here and type about all the amazing trips I've had for another 6 hours, but I wont :P

Just make sure the atmosphere is right, enjoy yourself, don't think about it too much just let it flow.

If you've got any other questions just ask, I've spent a shitload of time reading up about DXM and everything to do with it.

Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:02 am
by darkslide180
is dxm anything like mushrooms cause i really want to try mushrooms but where i live its hard enough to get good weed let alone shrooms or xtc (both of which i want to try) and is there any other otc drug that can give similar effects as dxm or any other trippy effects

Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:36 am
by SpRi7e
I'm almost positive it's nothing like shrooms, it's more of a serious kind of high instead of laughing like crazy. That'll be the best option you'll have is dxm.

Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:46 pm
by buttermilk
Dude, I just tried this last night...Nothing happened. This was very dissapointing and frustrating. I took about 5 ounces of Robutussin (sp?) and all I got was a bad taste in my mouth. After waiting for about an hour and a half for the drug to work it's magic, nothing happened, so I went to sleep.

Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:39 pm
by SpRi7e
are you sure you took robitussin? cuz you feel it at 3 ounces if it's real stuff. maybe u had the childrens stuff and it is really weak. try chugging 2 bottles of robitussin and make sure the ONLY active ingredient in it is dextromethorphan or you'll probably puke from the taste. Try drinking 6-7 ounces the first time if you aren't feeling it.

Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:17 am
by darkslide180
went out and bought some tussin cough gels this time cause i cant take that surrup shit (think about puking everytime i talk about it) but theres 20 in the bottle 15mg each so im thinking do sets of 4 every 30min and keep going till im fucked hopefully gonna be a fun friday night. oh and i heard dxm and alcohol dont mix well at all and can kill you is this true? and for the guy who didnt feel anything ive head of people who have done the same amounts and jsut not felt anything eeither id try it again wait 2-3 hours and if nothing happens that sucks my first time it took almost 2 hours to start feeling things but after that it just kept getting more intense

Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:12 am
by SpRi7e
wait so did you get tripple c's? cuz I heard those are really addicting for some reason.

Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:50 am
by darkslide180
no i got tussin cough liquid gels that have 15mg in each i couldnt find cccs in cvs plus knowing they can kill you is fucked up and would kill my shit

Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:12 pm
by nixon
buttermilk, which Robitussin did you take? Robitussin DX is the one you should be getting as the only active ingredient in it is Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide. I'm not sure how many ml 5oz's is but it definitely should have done something D:

And mixing it with alcohol is a no no, but having one beer before drinking the robitussin is said to amplify the trip a bit. But mixing the two wont kill you, it'll just most likely turn your trip to shit (nausea etc).

DXM is most like Ketamine if you're looking for another drug that'll do similar things, but Ketamine is expensiveeeeee. Oh and I just realised you said an over the counter drug, so I don't think there's anything that's similar to DXM that you can get otc.

Codeine is in some pain relief pills such as Nurofen Plus, but it's not similar to DXM, check it out on erowid.

Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:23 am
by Ras Bongo
nixon wrote:
The first trip was by the far the best, but I've had fucking intense spiritual trips and so many other really wierd trips. Last weekend after 1400mg of DXM I was watching myself from a third person perspective for a few hours, I was watching myself live like it were a movie and I had no idea that it was really myself I was watching.
Astral projection. It's where you are aware of all and literally not focused on anything so that your astral body may travel.

Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:23 pm
by President Beavis
Kind of, astral projection is a wicked concept I used to really be into that shit.

Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:51 pm
by MatteN
Ok i tried DXM in a fairly decent high dose, it was fuckign crazy but i went to school still fucked up for the first few hours jesus christ.

i dunno....it was a decent experience that i tried just for experimentation purposes, but i won't do it again, it was just to see what it's like and it isn't so bad...it was really fun and almost like being high in certain ways :)

Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:23 pm
by darkslide180
nixon have you ever taken the gel-caps they work just as well but are a little more expensive since you have to buy like 3 bottles to trip hard but are very easy to steal in a place like target they almost never have the security trabs on them i walked out of target today with 2 bottles of them in my sweatshirt still in the packaging and it never went off but does anyone know if you can O.D on these and how many you would have to take?

Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:40 pm
by SpRi7e
yes, but not on 2 bottles, it'll take a lot of bottles of gel caps to OD on it. I wouldn't recommend doing a lot the first time tho just to get used to it.